HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge III

Closed Thread

Old
03-31-2012, 08:50 PM
doaner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Google and numerous other companies have already logged hundreds of thousands of miles on fully autonomous cars. There will still be a manual option, but I doubt you'd miss all the accidents, road rage, traffic jams and inconvenience. I'm most looking forward to not having to drive on the same road as old people or teenagers. I'm a gearhead and love driving but I can appreciate the benefits. For the boozers out there, you can call for your car to come from wherever it is to drive you home. No more DUI.
Question is whether or not the drunk will know where to go to take them home. Haha

Old
03-31-2012, 08:51 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo Taco Monday View Post
How is that an ignorant statement? I love driving...
Idk either. Nothing wrong with driving.

Some ppl seem to think driving is their right when, in fact, it is a privilege.

Old
04-01-2012, 12:41 AM
PhoPhan

I've developed a new game to keep myself entertained at bars, and I could use some help from y'all. Basically, the goal is to play the longest song I can on the jukebox without it being cut off. I've had "Sister Ray" cut off a few times, but I finally got over the hill tonight, hearing it in its 17-and-a-half-minute entirety (along with "Maggot Brain" and "Good Girl/Carrots").

What I'm looking for now is something even longer that I could likely find on a jukebox (I was looking for a Tony Conrad piece, but no success). If possible, I'd like it to also be somewhat abrasive and generally inaccessible, but nothing outwardly ******.

Any ideas?

Old
04-01-2012, 12:48 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo Taco Monday View Post
How is that an ignorant statement? I love driving...
You say autonomous cars make you "gag" and if you needed someone to drive you around you'd just use a taxi or a bus, you really don't see how ignorant that sounds? It makes you sound like a short-sighted luddite. As for your love of driving, well hell I'm right there with you (sports cars ) but what does that have to do with anything?! No one said, "hey I can't wait for autonomous vehicles so then we can outlaw driving!".

Old
04-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
I've developed a new game to keep myself entertained at bars, and I could use some help from y'all. Basically, the goal is to play the longest song I can on the jukebox without it being cut off. I've had "Sister Ray" cut off a few times, but I finally got over the hill tonight, hearing it in its 17-and-a-half-minute entirety (along with "Maggot Brain" and "Good Girl/Carrots").

What I'm looking for now is something even longer that I could likely find on a jukebox (I was looking for a Tony Conrad piece, but no success). If possible, I'd like it to also be somewhat abrasive and generally inaccessible, but nothing outwardly ******.

Any ideas?
Pink Floyd - Echoes
Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
Rush - 2112
Todd Rundgren - The Ikon
Velvet Underground - Sister Ray

Old
04-01-2012, 01:07 AM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Pink Floyd - Echoes
Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
Rush - 2112
Todd Rundgren - The Ikon
Velvet Underground - Sister Ray
I've got the Velvets covered already (might actually be my favorite song ever, and if not, it's pretty close), but the others are good options. Thanks.

Old
04-01-2012, 08:35 AM
XX
He's a good guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
You say autonomous cars make you "gag" and if you needed someone to drive you around you'd just use a taxi or a bus, you really don't see how ignorant that sounds? It makes you sound like a short-sighted luddite. As for your love of driving, well hell I'm right there with you (sports cars ) but what does that have to do with anything?! No one said, "hey I can't wait for autonomous vehicles so then we can outlaw driving!".
Good timing for all of this

Old
04-01-2012, 10:54 AM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:

Any ideas?
Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick, both parts is 44 minutes. Listed as 2 songs but only because it was done in the vinyl days. Coincidentally Ian Anderson is one of my all time favorite musicians.

Sorted just what I have in my itunes, excluding songs at the end of the album where they put a long dead-time in. Stuff over 20 minutes only.

time - song - band - album
33:31 - Mountain Jam - Allman Brothers - Eat a Peach
32:48 - Iced World - Brian Eno - The Drop
27:51 - Carnage Visors: the Soundtrack - The Cure - Faith
24:00 - Octavarium - Dream Theater - Octavarium
23:51 - Space Truckin' - Deep Purple - Live in Denmark '72
23:32 - The Return of the Sons of Nothing - Pink Floyd - Return of the Dead Sons from the Crystal Palace [bootleg]
23:31 - Echoes - Pink Floyd - Meddle
23:23 - Lizard - King Crimson - Lizard
23:22 - Quichotte part 1 - Tangerine Dream - Pergamon
23:12 - The Rainbow/Eden/Desire - Talk Talk - Spirit of Eden
22:47 - Quichotte Part II - Tangerine Dream - Pergamon
22:37 - Thick as a Brick (side 1) - Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick
22:33 - Reprise - Queen - Made in Heaven
22:33 - The Global Extinction of the Wireless - The Omega Syndicate - Apocalypse
22:16 - Alpha Centauri - Tangerine Dream - Alpha Centauri
21:24 - Xen - The Omega Syndicate - Escape Velocity
21:03 - Thick as a Brick (side 2) - Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick
20:42 - Tarkus - Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Tarkus
20:41 - Chariots of Fire - Vangelis - Chariots of Fire
20:33 - 2112 - Rush - 2112
20:30 - Tangram set 2 - Tangerine Dream - Tangram
20:15 - Memors of an Officer and a Gentleman/etc - Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Love Beach

Old
04-01-2012, 11:24 AM
PhoPhan

Good stuff. Eno and Tangerine Dream would be perfect if I can find them.

Old
04-01-2012, 12:23 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Good stuff. Eno and Tangerine Dream would be perfect if I can find them.
I actually saw Tangerine Dream in concert many many moons ago.

Old
04-01-2012, 01:15 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
I actually saw Tangerine Dream in concert many many moons ago.
I discovered them whilst hunting for Christopher Franke's soundtrack work. Never before have I encountered a band that evokes such wildly different reactions from album to album. Some stuff, I absolutely adore. I listen to songs like "Cinnamon Road", "Exit", "Dolls in the Shadows", and "Sun Gate" all the time. They're great for when I want something that has a little bit of texture to it, without being distracting. But other songs, even songs from the same albums, will instigate a physical, visceral reaction that could best be compared to a difficult bowel movement.

Granted, variation is to be expected from a band that's been around for 40+ years and gone through so many personnel changes, but do you think many TD fans have similar experiences?

Last edited by MP: 04-01-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old
04-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 466
ESPN has become a garbage sports network. This network seems more like a tabloid than a real sports media network. I was looking at some old clips with these sports writers like Wilbon and Tony K and its amazing to see how clueless they are when it comes to hockey. Only one thing is true in my mind when I see this stuff on ESPN, stupidity knows no boundaries!!!

Watching the NFL on ESPN is a joke now since I can't turn on anything football on without hearing Tebow. Granted, I don't hate Tebow and I was hoping that he would prove his critics wrong in Denver but its looking more and more that he doesn't have what it takes be a good QB in the league. Yet, this backup QB gets more attention than those who deserve it. ESPN is now doing a Tebow takes Manhattan take and have portrayed this man a something bigger than a real QB that lead his team to a Super Bowl victory.

Old
04-01-2012, 01:22 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
ESPN has become a garbage sports network. This network seems more like a tabloid than a real sports media network. I was looking at some old clips with these sports writers like Wilbon and Tony K and its amazing to see how clueless they are when it comes to hockey. Only one thing is true in my mind when I see this stuff on ESPN, stupidity knows no boundaries!!!

Watching the NFL on ESPN is a joke now since I can't turn on anything football on without hearing Tebow. Granted, I don't hate Tebow and I was hoping that he would prove his critics wrong in Denver but its looking more and more that he doesn't have what it takes be a good QB in the league. Yet, this backup QB gets more attention than those who deserve it. ESPN is now doing a Tebow takes Manhattan take and have portrayed this man a something bigger than a real QB that lead his team to a Super Bowl victory.
I stopped reading at "has become." It's been that way for quite a while.

Old
04-01-2012, 03:19 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
I discovered them whilst hunting for Christopher Franke's soundtrack work. Never before have I encountered a band that evokes such wildly different reactions from album to album. Some stuff, I absolutely adore. I listen to songs like "Cinnamon Road", "Exit", "Dolls in the Shadows", and "Sun Gate" all the time. They're great for when I want something that has a little bit of texture to it, without being distracting. But other songs, even songs from the same albums, will instigate a physical, visceral reaction that could best be compared to a difficult bowel movement.

Granted, variation is to be expected from a band that's been around for 40+ years and gone through so many personnel changes, but do you think many TD fans have similar experiences?
I think you'll find that with a lot of bands that manage to last that long. Most will try out at least some different musical arcs. With TD you also get a lot of their albums that were intended as movie soundtracks, while others they can throw some different ideas into that might not fit in the movie backmusic mold. Generally I like most of their stuff, but then with 100+ albums to their credit obviously there's stuff I like more than others. Their 5 disc Tangents release has a pretty solid mix of their most popular stuff if you were recommending a sampler to someone who didn't know their music.

With all the movie soundtracks they've done probably everyone has some favorite movie scenes they didn't realize was TD music. Would guess the train scene from Risky Business is the most well known.

Last edited by mouser: 04-01-2012 at 03:24 PM.
Old
04-01-2012, 03:35 PM
PhoPhan

The only film score I listen to regularly is Wendy Carlos's A Clockwork Orange. Never gets old.

Old
04-01-2012, 03:40 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
The only film score I listen to regularly is Wendy Carlos's A Clockwork Orange. Never gets old.
Oh, that's a good one. Haven't listened to that in a long time.

Old
04-02-2012, 01:21 PM
DesertDawg

Quote:
I stopped reading at "has become." It's been that way for quite a while.
they don't report except on teleprompter, and they just talk (I wouldn't say analyze) and they lack actual sport coverage of professional sports. I remember driving by in ~ '96 (on 84) and all they had was a small building and 1 satellite dish. And back then they reported sports, and now they just commercialize themselves. Just bad television... Wish that Fox Sports would do something.

Old
04-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 466
Any chance the trolls at AZCentral will get a 25 year sentence?

http://gizmodo.com/5898585/itll-soon...oll-in-arizona

Old
04-03-2012, 05:44 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
For sheer beauty of the music I recommend "Out of Africa".

Old
04-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:

Nope. They come from Canada and are immune to US law.

Old
04-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Hey, what's with this term "North America" that's used all over the Canadian media to lump the US and Canada together. They forget that Mexico is part of North America.

Old
04-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrocks58 View Post
Nope. They come from Canada and are immune to US law.
... until we cross the Border for a brick of cheap cheese and a skid of Schlitz. Wind up in a rundown Motel 6 surrounded by razor wire with the rest of the illegals, fist fighting Cubans, Mexicans & South Americans over a McHappy Meal.

Old
04-03-2012, 07:07 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:

I doubt very much this would stand up to scrutiny. Not that that means much in Arizona.

Old
04-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:

Those trolls are annoying but this has to be one of the more ridiculous things I've ever read and in AZ that's saying something. Man when is the last time Arizona was known for doing something that isn't ****ing ********?

Quote:
I doubt very much this would stand up to scrutiny. Not that that means much in Arizona.
Unfortunately no it doesn't mean anything, this state does not make it's rules based on logic at all. Knee-jerk, irrational and draconian are our main tenets these days.

Last edited by Sinurgy: 04-03-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old
04-04-2012, 12:05 AM
moosemeister

So...Idk how long it'll take before I get my ass thrown in jail.

I get so much hate on Facebook, Playstation and Xbox for my trolling.

Closed Thread