HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge III

Closed Thread

Old
04-04-2012, 01:15 AM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Those trolls are annoying but this has to be one of the more ridiculous things I've ever read and in AZ that's saying something. Man when is the last time Arizona was known for doing something that isn't ****ing retarded?

Unfortunately no it doesn't mean anything, this state does not make it's rules based on logic at all. Knee-jerk, irrational and draconian are our main tenets these days.
Arizona has done some things that are questionale but this one is really bad. I say let the site owners do their own moderating and report the more serious violations to law enforcement instead.

Old
04-04-2012, 07:59 PM
Mayo Taco Monday

vCash: 790
Send a message via MSN to Mayo Taco Monday
First off, this is only in the legislator and has about as much chance of being passed as a taco has of surviving on a plate in front of me. Second, you would not believe the amount of stupid bills that are proposed in legislature. 99.99 percent of them are killed before voting takes place. I am not at all concerned that this will become law.

Old
04-08-2012, 11:23 AM
doaner

Happy Easter everyone!

Old
04-08-2012, 12:01 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

... yepp. Happy Easter back atcha' doaner, along with all the rest of you my Resurrectionist Friends. Time to punch the Western Conference right out and then kick the league in the nuts as hard as we can to drive the point home.

... you may wish to avert your eyes officer, I do believe what Im proposing may contrevene the criminal codes in Arizona, pretty much everywhere else... Though tell ya what?. Im prepared to do the time.

Old
04-08-2012, 12:28 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
... yepp. Happy Easter back atcha' doaner, along with all the rest of you my Resurrectionist Friends. Time to punch the Western Conference right out and then kick the league in the nuts as hard as we can to drive the point home.

... you may wish to avert your eyes officer, I do believe what Im proposing may contrevene the criminal codes in Arizona, pretty much everywhere else... Though tell ya what?. Im prepared to do the time.
Haha. If its the league, go right ahead!

Old
04-08-2012, 12:42 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Haha. If its the league, go right ahead!
... K. Not a sitting Judge in the state that'd convict me. Awarded an "Honorary State Trooper Badge" on the steps of Glendale City Hall by Mayor Scruggs....

like Elvis when he gave Nixon that Pearl Handled 45 back in the day. Smuggled into the Oval Office during an uninvited unannouced visit. Just dropped bye to say "Hi". Left the building with a wallet sized FBI Membership Card signed by Richard Millhouse himself...

Last edited by Killion: 04-08-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old
04-10-2012, 08:49 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=627198

Poor Columbus!!! Edmonton wins the draft and will pick #1 unless they trade the draft.

Old
04-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Magnifique

That is absolute ******** that the Oilers have yet another number one pick. I know many say it's fair because no one wants to suck like they always do, but this is getting absurd. CBJ needed that pick far more than the ****** Oilers do.

What a joke. Just fail every year till your team is stacked, then you'll be a contender for the next five years.

I loathe Edmonton.

Old
04-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

I think it just saved Columbus from themselves...now they can take Galchenyuk and they don't have to end up with Yakupov who might turn out like Filatov.

Look, after watching all of the top 10 guys for several games (i've got nothing better to do at night than watch all kinds of hockey) that I'm not sure that Yakupov is the best player in the draft. If Galchenyuk had stayed healthy I'd suspect that he'd be toe to toe with Yakupov.

I sure hope Columbus can now trade out of the 2nd position, get a quality player, move down to 5 and select Galchenyuk.

Old
04-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Muppet
Howlin' For You

I had to go to the mall early this morning to grab some things, so I quickly chucked on my 'Yotes jersey and off I went. Now up until now, I've only had compliments on how "cool" the jersey looks, quickly followed by "Who are the Coyotes?", but this morning I received a tap on the shoulder from a dude wearing a Nashville Predators jersey.. and luckily, he had extensive NHL knowledge. We ended up talking about the playoffs for a good hour. I was pleasantly surprised.

If only that would happen more often..

Old
04-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=627198

Poor Columbus!!! Edmonton wins the draft and will pick #1 unless they trade the draft.
That's ridiculously unfair to Columbus but what can ya do. As for Edmonton, I would look into trading away that pick for some defensive help.

Old
04-10-2012, 09:53 PM
johnthegod
cool story bro

hey anyone else see the division game finish and that lucky dude who got doaner's stick as he went to the locker room. he looked like he just won the lottery haha so lucky what an experience

Old
04-10-2012, 10:01 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
I had to go to the mall early this morning to grab some things, so I quickly chucked on my 'Yotes jersey and off I went. Now up until now, I've only had compliments on how "cool" the jersey looks, quickly followed by "Who are the Coyotes?", but this morning I received a tap on the shoulder from a dude wearing a Nashville Predators jersey.. and luckily, he had extensive NHL knowledge. We ended up talking about the playoffs for a good hour. I was pleasantly surprised.

If only that would happen more often..
I think it will. They are actually getting some positive press. Channel 10 tonight had nothing but GOOD things to say about them. Instead of leading with the ownership mess, they talked about the playoffs and then said "oh by the way...a deal may be happening very shortly, and we're feeling pretty good about it."

When I do my grocery shopping on Saturday morning, I am usually wearing a Coyotes shirt. I see the same cashier almost every time. She asks if I have any plans for the weekend, I tell her I'm going to the game and she's not really aware that there is a game. Now I think she'll have a pretty good idea that there's a game!

I went in for a spa appointment last Friday, and the tech asked me how the team was doing - she remembered from an earlier appointment that I was a fan and she had heard good things about them.

My students are following the team now, largely thanks to us watching the movie Rocket about Maurice Richard, talking a bit about Hockey, and then taking some of them to a game. They are quite happy to see the team go to the playoffs! I'll admit, it's been hard keeping up my French-teacher "love" of Quebec with my distaste for those who would see the Coyotes be moved there.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthegod View Post
hey anyone else see the division game finish and that lucky dude who got doaner's stick as he went to the locker room. he looked like he just won the lottery haha so lucky what an experience
That was pretty cool, dude was seriously on cloud 9!

Old
04-10-2012, 10:31 PM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

When I walk amongst my Vancouver neighbours, should I wear my black 90ís Coyotes sweater (Tkachuk), or my white 00ís Coyotes sweater (my name)?

Old
04-10-2012, 10:34 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jet View Post
When I walk amongst my Vancouver neighbours, should I wear my black 90ís Coyotes sweater (Tkachuk), or my white 00ís Coyotes sweater (my name)?
I'm personally not a huge fan of Fatty, but I think it's better than wearing a jersey foul.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:39 PM
DirtyOldMan
Yotes still in AZ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
That was pretty cool, dude was seriously on cloud 9!
He was; I was sitting right behind him. He got emotional enough that his eyes welled up a bit - if I got the story right, he's from DC, and drove from Ames, IA (Iowa State) to see his all time favorite player, Doan.

Last edited by DirtyOldMan: 04-10-2012 at 10:40 PM. Reason: added image
Old
04-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Oh wow, I was expecting an actual little kid. hah. Still, that's awesome. Good for him, I'm sure that made his trip to game priceless.

Old
04-10-2012, 10:51 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyOldMan View Post
He was; I was sitting right behind him. He got emotional enough that his eyes welled up a bit - if I got the story right, he's from DC, and drove from Ames, IA (Iowa State) to see his all time favorite player, Doan.
I was surprised at the amount of Coyote fans the camera managed to find. I know a lot of them stayed after the Minny fans left. Looked like a good crowd.

Old
04-11-2012, 12:06 AM
yotesreign

Quote:

Lucky guy to get the hockey stick, and judging from all the faces in the picture he was standing next to the prettiest girl at the game, too...

Old
04-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:

haha that's the dude, he's still got a massive grin, good for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naych_PHX View Post
Oh wow, I was expecting an actual little kid. hah. Still, that's awesome. Good for him, I'm sure that made his trip to game priceless.
Actually that's what I thought was so cool about it. We were all little kids once and I think most of us appreciate this kind of stuff even more now that we're older. That stick will have every bit of meaning in that dudes man cave that it would in some 9 year old's closet. Leave it for Doaner to spread the love to everyone not just go PC and hand it to the nearest little kid.

Old
04-11-2012, 05:18 AM
PHX FireBirds18

He looks like we just drafted him.

Good for him.

Old
04-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

America has lost a legend today.

Dick Clark dies at the age of 82

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/...ry?id=16076252

New Years Eve will never be the same.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:25 PM
WingsFan95

I picked you guys to take it in 6. Hope I'm wrong and you end it in front of the home crowd in 5.

The potential for Wings vs. Yotes in the 2nd round comes closer.

All the best.

Old
04-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsFan95 View Post
I picked you guys to take it in 6. Hope I'm wrong and you end it in front of the home crowd in 5.

The potential for Wings vs. Yotes in the 2nd round comes closer.

All the best.
Yuck, but I am one of the people who would love a loss in round 2, means the curse would be broken

Closed Thread