with schlemko and morris coming back soon we have five defensemen trying to earn the sixth spot. going down the stretch how would you rank who youd prefer to see dressed?
1. morris-only because its the stretch run and he has played a little better this year.
2. schlemko- looked very solid so far this year.
3. stone- like his size and shot from the point. he is still learning but he hasnt made a lot of bad mistakes.
4. summers- like his skating and his willingness to hit and was impressed to see him drop the gloves.
5. rundblad-i like what he brings to the powerplay but he plays too soft on the defensive end. if he can put on a few more pounds and not get pushed around so easily he could be very solid
Morris/Schlemko->Stone->Summers. I love watching Rundblad do his thing on the point but the rest of his game is not ready for primetime, especially at this point of the season where things are very much ramped up.
Schlemko has had a long break from game time. He just needs to get into the games and play and get that confidence back.
I like Rundblad, but he's not to the level we need to make a push towards the playoffs and in the playoffs. His defense is something that needs to be worked on.
Stone and Summers have both impressed me. I like Summers because of his aggression on the ice. He picked it up after Doan picked it up, and dropped the mits. That impressses me, especially with how laxidasicle we have been during some of our starts.
All in all, we have a great problem, that's for sure!
Stone. Good things happen when he's on the ice. I'd rotate D-men down the stretch to keep the team fresh. Rosey needs to sit a game for sure. AA is working on fumes and could use a game off also...but we can't afford to sit him.
When Aucoin gets back, I think the order goes from 7 on:
We look scary good on D, even if Aucoin and Rozy leave, Schlemko, Summers, and Stone are all capable and ready to step into those 5/6 positions. It wouldn't hurt to add a veteran like Francis Bouillion, Chris Campoli, or Bryan Allen to have at least two depth D-men for when Morris and Klesla get banged up. Rundblad still leaves a lot to be desired, in terms of defensive responsibilities...