HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tootoo UFA

Old
03-15-2012, 04:56 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
He was joking...

Pretty sure Tootoo doesn't leave Nashville. They've helped him through a lot. They're competitive and Nashville has been his home for 8 years ?
Actually, I was only half joking. I'll start a thread about it

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 06:44 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
So from what I gather here we shouldn't expect him to make more than two million if he stays in Nashville, and other teams wouldn't want to pay him more than three.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 08:44 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I think that's a pretty fair assessment. $3m would be an overpayment, but not a Ward-like overpayment. The cap will probably go up more, making a $3m in 2012-2013 easier to handle than it is now, and Tootoo brings more to the table than Ward.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 09:07 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I can't believe people on here are thinking Tootoo will get upwards of 3mil per season. I love Tootoo, but come on people. Did no one listen to us when we said paying Joel Ward 3 mil was insane? I can't believe people were telling us we were being cheap by not paying Ward.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 11:13 PM
deckercky

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
I can't believe people on here are thinking Tootoo will get upwards of 3mil per season. I love Tootoo, but come on people. Did no one listen to us when we said paying Joel Ward 3 mil was insane? I can't believe people were telling us we were being cheap by not paying Ward.
Nobody said Tootoo fully deserved $3M, but would you be surprised to see a team offer that much? I wouldn't.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 11:34 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

I'd be surprised if a team didn't offer that much. Agitators who can play PK and chip in offense are in short supply.

Faidh ar Rud Eigin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 11:42 PM
SomeoneGreat

Yeah, he gets 3 mil easily on the open market.

If he resigns with Nashville, probably around 2 or so.

SomeoneGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 11:54 PM
Flgatorguy87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet of Glennie View Post
I'd be surprised if a team didn't offer that much. Agitators who can play PK and chip in offense are in short supply.
Toots doesn't PK. He is a great player for 1.5, solid for 2. Anything over that, especially 3, is expecting him to match or exceed his current pace which is the best of his career. Then your expecting him to be something he's not.

Flgatorguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:22 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
I've got this crazy idea in my head of Tootoo putting up 40-50 points playing on a line with Eberle and Hopkins. He brings the kind of sandpaper Edmonton hasn't had in their top six since before Smyth got traded to the Islanders.

He isn't as complete of a player as Burrows, but he brings a heck of a lot more intimidation and can cause a great deal of distractions to give Hopkins and Eberle space to work their magic.

I don't think I'd be upset over Edmonton offering him 15 mill over 5 seasons.

If Edmonton drafts Mikhail Grigorenko he can join Hall and Hemsky on the second line and assuming the kid stays healthy you'd have to have him being a shoe-in for rookie of the year.

I just don't think that Yakupov could put up similar numbers as him considering what he'd have around him in Columbus next year... especially if Nash gets traded.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 06:19 AM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
I can't picture him leaving the Predators. However, if he did, he's exactly what most teams like and need, so I think he'd get a lot of good offers and would undoubtedly receive the typical July 1st UFA overpayment.

I don't like the guy but I'd love him on my team; he's exactly the type of energy player/grinder the Sabres need, although we are strong on the wing. All in all, he's the type of player almost all 29 other teams in the League would love to land.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote