HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scoring Winger Prospects: What Kings' winger prospect do you value most?

View Poll Results: Who is the most valuable scoring winger prospect to you?
Tyler Toffoli 42 85.71%
Maxim Kitsyn 4 8.16%
Someone Else 3 6.12%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-14-2012, 05:27 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

vCash: 500
Scoring Winger Prospects: What Kings' winger prospect do you value most?

Unless for some crazy reason we sign Parise, it's likely we'll be relying on our scoring winger pipeline. Luckily it isn't completely empty, we got a couple guys. As we're out of the rebuilding mode, it's quite possible the next four years, we'll be looking to deal prospects and picks for whatever we need at the deadline.

So I know HF ranks Toffoli as the best winger in our system and he's obviously a scorer. But who do you feel is the one scoring winger prospect we have that we shouldn't trade easily?

Toffoli is the obvious choice but my pick is Kitsyn. I think he's a total package on the offensive side and is rotting away in the KHL. For now, he's the one I want to see in LA. (oops, I picked Toffoli by accident...but I like Kitsyn best)

If you pick the third choice "Someone else", please post who.

- R
.><.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 05:31 PM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
WTF? What do you like better? Ten dollars or 50 dollars?
We cant even watch Kitsyn play. He is walking such a fine line to failure or success. Get him to NA

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 05:33 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

I've read good stuff about Toffoli, so him.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 05:37 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I have watched MK a couple of times this year (11mins approx total dedicated tape and two games where he saw about 8 mins per game)and he has developed allot of conifdence in his game. That is saying a ton considering he never had a lack of it.

That said, I would list our best wingers Toffi and Max 1 and 2 and then we have several other who are good and might be very good but are less talented.

Kitsyn plays the more NHL developed and Kings style of game but Toffi is a rare offencive talent.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 06:02 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

I'm gonna go with Linden Vey. Why? Because why not

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2012, 06:08 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I have watched MK a couple of times this year (11mins approx total dedicated tape and two games where he saw about 8 mins per game)and he has developed allot of conifdence in his game. That is saying a ton considering he never had a lack of it.

That said, I would list our best wingers Toffi and Max 1 and 2 and then we have several other who are good and might be very good but are less talented.

Kitsyn plays the more NHL developed and Kings style of game but Toffi is a rare offencive talent.
Hey TG, props to you for talking up King before his re-arrival in LA the season.

Totally different game from him this season. Shows what gaining confidence will do for a player.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 08:49 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

My favorite of the two is Kitsyn, but as far as a scoring forward goes, I picked Toffoli. Assuming both players reach their peak, Toffoli's upside is much greater.

That said, it wouldn't shock me if Toffoli flopped and Kitsyn turned into a wing version of Michal Handzus.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Hmm, maybe King should be on the list too Technically he's still a prospect right?

- R

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 10:11 AM
CNS
A World Alone

What if you don't like any of them as scoring prospects? I don't see a single one of our wing prospects becoming a legit NHL scorer.

CNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 12:53 PM
Capn Brown

I'll say Kozun.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 01:11 PM
SMoneyMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
What if you don't like any of them as scoring prospects? I don't see a single one of our wing prospects becoming a legit NHL scorer.
Colour me shocked

I like both of them, don't have too high hopes for either of them working out. Toffoli has a better chance, Kitsyn is more entertaining... Hard choice.

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 01:50 PM
yankeeking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
try not to go by what the scourts say or critics ,we will basically have to wait till they get at least a cup of coffee before we can see what they can do, if you went by what scouts said about bernie nicholls, he was a good scorer but was lazy and we all know about luc

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 01:53 PM
lafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
I'll say Kozun.
go to stats.swehockey.se then on top left go sm-slutspel then hitscoring leaders geuss who

lafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafan View Post
go to stats.swehockey.se then on top left go sm-slutspel then hitscoring leaders geuss who

I'm going to guess those are the playoffs, yes?

So, you're saying Holloway beats out Toffoli, Kitsyn, Kozun, and Vey in terms of our best "scoring winger" prospect? Does that mean he'll have a job with the Kings next season? LoL, where's Brady Murray?!

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 02:30 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Weal is worth consideration, too

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Whiskeypete

Max for me. from what i've seen WJC and some of his play in juniors last year, he looks like the complete package. size, skill and a bit of swagger that scorers have. agree though....he has to get to NA and out of mother russia

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 03:01 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMoneyMonkey View Post
Colour me shocked

I like both of them, don't have too high hopes for either of them working out. Toffoli has a better chance, Kitsyn is more entertaining... Hard choice.

I see Toffoli as Alexandre Giroux - a prolific AHL scorer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
try not to go by what the scourts say or critics ,we will basically have to wait till they get at least a cup of coffee before we can see what they can do, if you went by what scouts said about bernie nicholls, he was a good scorer but was lazy and we all know about luc
I based that off of what I've seen of him. If I went off of what scouts and critics say, I'd think he was a prolific offensive threat who just scores goals but isn't a great skater. From the times I have seen him, he looked abysmal. I've said this every time I've talked about him but my viewings of Toffoli have been limited but I have seen him on multiple occasions and I just simply wasn't impressed.

As for Kitsyn, I think he could maybe be a good 3rd liner in the NHL but I keep going back and forth on if I think he will ever reach that potential. I'd love to see him in Manch next year but that won't happen.

CNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

My darkhorse is Schumacher, I liked what I saw from prospect camp

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2012, 03:30 PM
lafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
I'm going to guess those are the playoffs, yes?

So, you're saying Holloway beats out Toffoli, Kitsyn, Kozun, and Vey in terms of our best "scoring winger" prospect? Does that mean he'll have a job with the Kings next season? LoL, where's Brady Murray?!
His points per game are higher than both Kozun and Vey and highest points per game in league last year in the playoffs,top five regular season in the SEL and leading it in playoffs ya i guess i would say he is one of our top scoreing prospects.

Old
03-16-2012, 07:27 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Whoever can SCORE ZE GOALS......

saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 08:36 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
His points per game are higher than both Kozun and Vey and highest points per game in league last year in the playoffs,top five regular season in the SEL and leading it in playoffs ya i guess i would say he is one of our top scoreing prospects.
A) You're well known as his BFF or something.
B) He's 2 years older than Kozun and 3 years older than Vey.
C) He's in the SEL, not the AHL.

I'm not discrediting his season in the SEL but put him in perspective. At Vey's age he was spliting time between the AHL and the ECHL. At Kozun's age he had 47 points in 75 AHL games. Kozun had 48 last year in the AHL and is on pace for the same over a full season again this year.

I'm not saying Holloway isn't a better prospect than those two, but if you're going to use simple stats to back up your argument, at least level the playing field.

Old
03-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post

I'm not discrediting his season in the SEL but put him in perspective. At Vey's age he was spliting time between the AHL and the ECHL. At Kozun's age he had 47 points in 75 AHL games. Kozun had 48 last year in the AHL and is on pace for the same over a full season again this year.

I'm not saying Holloway isn't a better prospect than those two, but if you're going to use simple stats to back up your argument, at least level the playing field.
Not to mention Toffoli, who is scoring way more goals in the CHL than Holloway ever did.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 10:53 AM
lafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post

Simple stats are that in his second year in the AHL Holloways ppg are higher than kozuns are in his scond year and in the same year Holloway tied an AHL record for game winning goals in the playoffs we will see if Kozun can do the same .

Old
03-16-2012, 11:38 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Simple stats are that in his second year in the AHL Holloways ppg are higher than kozuns are in his scond year and in the same year Holloway tied an AHL record for game winning goals in the playoffs we will see if Kozun can do the same .
Once again, simple stats.

Points per game in Year 2 in AHL for Holloway: .627 (I used the 2009-2010 season as his second since he played the majority of the previous year at the AHL level as well.

Points per game in Year 2 in the AHL for Kozun: .59

On face value, looks like Holloway's numbers are slightly better (a. 627 points per game average equates to 51 points over 82 games. Kozun is on pace for 48 points in 82 games this year) but really, are very close. Three points over a full season doesn't make someone a better scorer, rather they look the same.

In 2009-2010 the Monarchs scored 213 goals, meaning Holloway had a hand in 22.1 per cent of the goals scored by the team. This year, Kozun has been involved in the scoring of 21.7 per cent of his teams goals. Once again, a very minute difference and if Kozun had one more point he'd actually be ahead of Holloway in that regard. If those stats indicate to you he's the better scorer, enjoy. They are statistically the same as those differences would be easily covered by any standard margin of error.

I noticed you left out Vey this time around, likely since he is a full year ahead of Holloway statistically. He's been in on 22.3 per cent of his teams goals and is on pace for 50 points this season as well.

Stats show that Kozun and Holloway are equal, while Vey is a full year ahead of the pace Holloway set. Czarnik is another current Monarch who could be ahead of Holloway that way as well, as in his first year he's on pace for 47 points as well.

Old
03-16-2012, 12:27 PM
johnjm22

1 Toffoli
2 King
3 Holloway
4 Jordan Nolan
5 Vey
6 Kozun

That's how I rank our winger prospects. I doubt Kitsyn ever plays a game in the NHL.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote