HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Reaction after Last Nights Games is Baffling

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2012, 09:30 AM
  #1
MoeMoney
Registered User
 
MoeMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
The Reaction after Last Nights Games is Baffling

I’ve been reading the reaction to the game last night from websites such as TSN, The Sun(always a bad idea), and this site and to see the way most people are reacting to the win after the stellar game Nazim had is shocking. I was pushing for a tank a while back so noone needs to sell me on the importance a top draft pick has for the franchise, but this isnt a boyd deveruex situation where some scrub scores a meaningless goal to win a game thats hurts the pick instead of helping it. I get the frsutration expecially on a night when MTL won and EDM won as well. But Nazim Kadri is the future of this team and our last top draft pick so to see him excel is just as important as "tanking" to get a draft pick. Especially after all the talk of whether he should be up here or not, and the comments he made two days ago about itching to get in the game and be a game changer, he comes out with two great goals and undresses a HOF like that was epic. His post-game comments were encouraging to, to have that much respect for Marty and itching to get the chance to go against him and not shy away from the situation, coupled with his past comments about wanting to play, and following through on what he said...that should be getting all the attention right now. This guy had a chip on his shoulder, plays with an edge and has the same passion fans have been dying for all season. I believe when Burke drafted him he mentioned the meeting he had in the hotel lobby with Nazim and said that attitude is why he loved his style so much. Leafs have a gem on their hands and all they can do is complain about the tanking situation, you tell me why this franchise has been in such a futile state for the last 10 years.


Last edited by MoeMoney: 03-24-2012 at 09:43 AM.
MoeMoney is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:34 AM
  #2
Confucius
Registered User
 
Confucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMoney View Post
I’ve been reading the reaction to the game last night from websites such as TSN, The Sun(always a bad idea), and this site and to see the way most people are reacting to the win after the stellar game Nazim had is shocking. I was puching for a tank a month and a half ago so noone needs to sell me on the importance a top draft pick has for the franchise, but this isnt a boyd deveruex situation where some scrub scores a meaningless goal to win a game thats hurts the pick instead of helping it. I get the frsutration expecially on a night when MTL won and EDM won as well. But Nazim Kadri is the future of this team and our last top draft pick so to see him excel is just as important as "tanking" to get a draft pick. Especially after all the talk of whether he should be up here or not, and the article comments he made two days ago about itching to get in the game and be a game changer, he comes out with two great goals and undresses a HOF like that was epic. His post-game comments were encouraging to, to have that much respect for Marty and itching to get the chance to go against him and not shy away from the situation, coupled with his past comments about wanting to play, and following through on what he said...that should be getting all the attention right now. Leafs have a gem on their hands and all they can do is complain about the tanking situation, you tell me why this franchise has been in such a futile state for the last 10 years.
Love to see Kadri do well but he should finish the season in the AHL. It was a tactical error to bring him up now. It only hurts our chances at drafting in a better position. Kadri should have been playing here this year but since they kept him down for the most part, they should have just played out the string with him in the AHL.

Confucius is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:38 AM
  #3
Leaf4Life
Registered User
 
Leaf4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 529
vCash: 500
That extra SO point will come back and haunt us

Leaf4Life is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:39 AM
  #4
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 22,091
vCash: 500
I like wins like last night. I just don't want to win if its scrubs doing the scoring.

mapes is online now  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:40 AM
  #5
dubey
Cookie Powered
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Hackey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyhopeful View Post
Love to see Kadri do well but he should finish the season in the AHL. It was a tactical error to bring him up now. It only hurts our chances at drafting in a better position. Kadri should have been playing here this year but since they kept him down for the most part, they should have just played out the string with him in the AHL.
Tactical error lol

Who do you call up on emergency? Colton Orr? That would do wonders for Kadri's confidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
I like wins like last night. I just don't want to win if its scrubs doing the scoring.
Same here. I can appreciate a win when it's our future that's leading the way. This isn't Boyd Devereaux redux.

dubey is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:44 AM
  #6
Twix
Patch of velcro
 
Twix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Sri Lanka
Posts: 801
vCash: 500
Well prior to the win we were in a lottery position, now we are not. How would you feel if this was the last game of the season? Each point we gain from here on out does not help the Leafs moving forward.

Twix is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:44 AM
  #7
RogerRoeper*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 21,694
vCash: 500
It hurts less if we see a guy like Kadri do well and perhaps gives the organization a kick to play him next year.

RogerRoeper* is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:48 AM
  #8
Dreakmur
Registered User
 
Dreakmur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Tactical error lol

Who do you call up on emergency? Colton Orr? That would do wonders for Kadri's confidence.
Hey Naz, just so you know why you weren't called up - we're trying to tank. If we wanted to win, we'd call you, but we're trying to lose, so we'll call up somebody who can't make a difference.

Dreakmur is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:49 AM
  #9
MoeMoney
Registered User
 
MoeMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyhopeful View Post
Love to see Kadri do well but he should finish the season in the AHL. It was a tactical error to bring him up now. It only hurts our chances at drafting in a better position. Kadri should have been playing here this year but since they kept him down for the most part, they should have just played out the string with him in the AHL.
Agree with that as well, but what is there left for him to learn at the AHL? Id'e rather him come up to the NHL prove to himself and everyone he can shine at this level heading into the summer on that note instead of wondering how he will do all summer while waiting for him to show up in training camp. It's the right time now, no media pressure and scrutiny on every play, he gets to do his thing and learn under the staff at his own pace when nodoby is relying on him and putting the burden on his shoulders to carry the team. Kind of like how every other young player gets to develop in the league other than Toronto.

MoeMoney is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:51 AM
  #10
Confucius
Registered User
 
Confucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Tactical error lol

Who do you call up on emergency? Colton Orr? That would do wonders for Kadri's confidence.

Same here. I can appreciate a win when it's our future that's leading the way. This isn't Boyd Devereaux redux.
Did we win? My point was proven. Was he not a big part of the win?

Confucius is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:52 AM
  #11
dubey
Cookie Powered
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Hackey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyhopeful View Post
Did we win? My point was proven.
Thought it was a funny choice of words

dubey is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:52 AM
  #12
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,906
vCash: 500
If the teams were reversed, I'm sure all we'd be talking about how that was a perfect illustration of how our team needs better goaltending.

StarBurns RIP is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:54 AM
  #13
cynicism
Registered User
 
cynicism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,540
vCash: 500
They have upcoming games against the Flyers and Rangers, they're guaranteed to lose those, plus two more against the Sabres and they always lose against the Sabres, so I think lotto position is reachable

How sad is it that the biggest possible accomplishment this season can have is a lotto pick?

cynicism is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:55 AM
  #14
Igy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Igy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,992
vCash: 500
I wanted a loss but Kadri's performance was just awesome to watch. The kid is going to be a great top 6 forward on this team, no doubt. Burke better not trade him or we are really going to regret it.

Igy is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:57 AM
  #15
Autologic
@Dropinlogic
 
Autologic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
...

I am happy Kadri had a big impact last night. I kind of expected both him and Hamilton might be the difference in the game. Both had a lot to prove to new coach and Leafs brass. Will be interested in seeing if he can carry this effort over to tonight's game.

At this point in the season I do hope we end up in a lottery position. However I am not going to be upset if our young current prospects do well.

Autologic is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:58 AM
  #16
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK
 
legendinblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,096
vCash: 500
I'm glad he's doing well. Even though we won the game, I'm still happy. Go Kadri!

legendinblue is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 09:59 AM
  #17
Confucius
Registered User
 
Confucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Hey Naz, just so you know why you weren't called up - we're trying to tank. If we wanted to win, we'd call you, but we're trying to lose, so we'll call up somebody who can't make a difference.
Exactly, and no I'm not being sarcastic.

Confucius is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 10:01 AM
  #18
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome
 
LeafsMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,095
vCash: 500
Honestly, whatever happens happens. Its not like the players do what the fans say. You're whining and complaining won't change the results. Just look at the bright side. If nazem wasn't playing good you all would have said, "bad pick!" or "bad call up". He had a good game so why not just accept that somrthing good came out of the game. Would you ratger he have a bad time here and lose his confidence so he doesn't make camp again? If we lose, yay. If we win, w.e. It's not in our hands.

LeafsMonster is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 10:02 AM
  #19
HockeyGuruPitka
Registered User
 
HockeyGuruPitka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,041
vCash: 500
The reason why Toronto will never e successful. The uneducated fans and media. Never played a game but think they know the best.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 10:03 AM
  #20
Confucius
Registered User
 
Confucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
Honestly, whatever happens happens. Its not like the players do what the fans say. You're whining and complaining won't change the results. Just look at the bright side. If nazem wasn't playing good you all would have said, "bad pick!" or "bad call up". He had a good game so why not just accept that somrthing good came out of the game. Would you ratger he have a bad time here and lose his confidence so he doesn't make camp again? If we lose, yay. If we win, w.e. It's not in our hands.
I would have rathered he not have been called up. That being said I'm glad he did well. I blame Carlyle and or Burke for putting us in that position.

Confucius is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 10:04 AM
  #21
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,906
vCash: 500
BTW, those looking to Kadri as an offensive saviour at this moment in time should take note that during his most recent AHL demotion Kadri scored 5 goals and 5 assists in 20 games but was a fairly impressive +5 considering the lack of production.

StarBurns RIP is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 10:06 AM
  #22
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 11,193
vCash: 500
#FireKadri

thebluemachine* is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 10:07 AM
  #23
Confucius
Registered User
 
Confucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicism View Post
They have upcoming games against the Flyers and Rangers, they're guaranteed to lose those, plus two more against the Sabres and they always lose against the Sabres, so I think lotto position is reachable

How sad is it that the biggest possible accomplishment this season can have is a lotto pick?
It's the best thing to cheer for at this state.

Confucius is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 10:08 AM
  #24
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 5,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
The reason why Toronto will never e successful. The uneducated fans and media. Never played a game but think they know the best.
Did I miss something? Are the fans and the media making player personnel decisions now?

StarBurns RIP is offline  
Old
03-24-2012, 10:10 AM
  #25
Confucius
Registered User
 
Confucius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMoney View Post
Agree with that as well, but what is there left for him to learn at the AHL? Id'e rather him come up to the NHL prove to himself and everyone he can shine at this level heading into the summer on that note instead of wondering how he will do all summer while waiting for him to show up in training camp. It's the right time now, no media pressure and scrutiny on every play, he gets to do his thing and learn under the staff at his own pace when nodoby is relying on him and putting the burden on his shoulders to carry the team. Kind of like how every other young player gets to develop in the league other than Toronto.
Be part of a playoff drive, winning it all. Being in the dressing room everyday seeing what it takes. Feeling the pressure. Playing in exhibition games in the NHL is not the same experience and that is all we're doing for the rest of this year.

Confucius is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.