HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Reaction after Last Nights Games is Baffling

Closed Thread

Old
03-24-2012, 09:30 AM
MoeMoney

vCash: 500
The Reaction after Last Nights Games is Baffling

I’ve been reading the reaction to the game last night from websites such as TSN, The Sun(always a bad idea), and this site and to see the way most people are reacting to the win after the stellar game Nazim had is shocking. I was pushing for a tank a while back so noone needs to sell me on the importance a top draft pick has for the franchise, but this isnt a boyd deveruex situation where some scrub scores a meaningless goal to win a game thats hurts the pick instead of helping it. I get the frsutration expecially on a night when MTL won and EDM won as well. But Nazim Kadri is the future of this team and our last top draft pick so to see him excel is just as important as "tanking" to get a draft pick. Especially after all the talk of whether he should be up here or not, and the comments he made two days ago about itching to get in the game and be a game changer, he comes out with two great goals and undresses a HOF like that was epic. His post-game comments were encouraging to, to have that much respect for Marty and itching to get the chance to go against him and not shy away from the situation, coupled with his past comments about wanting to play, and following through on what he said...that should be getting all the attention right now. This guy had a chip on his shoulder, plays with an edge and has the same passion fans have been dying for all season. I believe when Burke drafted him he mentioned the meeting he had in the hotel lobby with Nazim and said that attitude is why he loved his style so much. Leafs have a gem on their hands and all they can do is complain about the tanking situation, you tell me why this franchise has been in such a futile state for the last 10 years.

Last edited by MoeMoney: 03-24-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old
03-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMoney View Post
I’ve been reading the reaction to the game last night from websites such as TSN, The Sun(always a bad idea), and this site and to see the way most people are reacting to the win after the stellar game Nazim had is shocking. I was puching for a tank a month and a half ago so noone needs to sell me on the importance a top draft pick has for the franchise, but this isnt a boyd deveruex situation where some scrub scores a meaningless goal to win a game thats hurts the pick instead of helping it. I get the frsutration expecially on a night when MTL won and EDM won as well. But Nazim Kadri is the future of this team and our last top draft pick so to see him excel is just as important as "tanking" to get a draft pick. Especially after all the talk of whether he should be up here or not, and the article comments he made two days ago about itching to get in the game and be a game changer, he comes out with two great goals and undresses a HOF like that was epic. His post-game comments were encouraging to, to have that much respect for Marty and itching to get the chance to go against him and not shy away from the situation, coupled with his past comments about wanting to play, and following through on what he said...that should be getting all the attention right now. Leafs have a gem on their hands and all they can do is complain about the tanking situation, you tell me why this franchise has been in such a futile state for the last 10 years.
Love to see Kadri do well but he should finish the season in the AHL. It was a tactical error to bring him up now. It only hurts our chances at drafting in a better position. Kadri should have been playing here this year but since they kept him down for the most part, they should have just played out the string with him in the AHL.

Old
03-24-2012, 09:38 AM
Leaf4Life

That extra SO point will come back and haunt us

Old
03-24-2012, 09:39 AM
mapes

I like wins like last night. I just don't want to win if its scrubs doing the scoring.

Old
03-24-2012, 09:40 AM
dubey
Cookie Powered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyhopeful View Post
Love to see Kadri do well but he should finish the season in the AHL. It was a tactical error to bring him up now. It only hurts our chances at drafting in a better position. Kadri should have been playing here this year but since they kept him down for the most part, they should have just played out the string with him in the AHL.
Tactical error lol

Who do you call up on emergency? Colton Orr? That would do wonders for Kadri's confidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
I like wins like last night. I just don't want to win if its scrubs doing the scoring.
Same here. I can appreciate a win when it's our future that's leading the way. This isn't Boyd Devereaux redux.

Old
03-24-2012, 09:44 AM
Twix
Patch of velcro

Well prior to the win we were in a lottery position, now we are not. How would you feel if this was the last game of the season? Each point we gain from here on out does not help the Leafs moving forward.

Old
03-24-2012, 09:44 AM
RogerRoeper*

It hurts less if we see a guy like Kadri do well and perhaps gives the organization a kick to play him next year.

Old
03-24-2012, 09:48 AM
Dreakmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Tactical error lol

Who do you call up on emergency? Colton Orr? That would do wonders for Kadri's confidence.
Hey Naz, just so you know why you weren't called up - we're trying to tank. If we wanted to win, we'd call you, but we're trying to lose, so we'll call up somebody who can't make a difference.

Old
03-24-2012, 09:49 AM
MoeMoney

Quote:
Agree with that as well, but what is there left for him to learn at the AHL? Id'e rather him come up to the NHL prove to himself and everyone he can shine at this level heading into the summer on that note instead of wondering how he will do all summer while waiting for him to show up in training camp. It's the right time now, no media pressure and scrutiny on every play, he gets to do his thing and learn under the staff at his own pace when nodoby is relying on him and putting the burden on his shoulders to carry the team. Kind of like how every other young player gets to develop in the league other than Toronto.

Old
03-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Tactical error lol

Same here. I can appreciate a win when it's our future that's leading the way. This isn't Boyd Devereaux redux.
Did we win? My point was proven. Was he not a big part of the win?

Old
03-24-2012, 09:52 AM
dubey
Cookie Powered

Quote:
Did we win? My point was proven.
Thought it was a funny choice of words

Old
03-24-2012, 09:52 AM
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

If the teams were reversed, I'm sure all we'd be talking about how that was a perfect illustration of how our team needs better goaltending.

Old
03-24-2012, 09:54 AM
cynicism

They have upcoming games against the Flyers and Rangers, they're guaranteed to lose those, plus two more against the Sabres and they always lose against the Sabres, so I think lotto position is reachable

How sad is it that the biggest possible accomplishment this season can have is a lotto pick?

Old
03-24-2012, 09:55 AM
Igy
HFBoards Sponsor

I wanted a loss but Kadri's performance was just awesome to watch. The kid is going to be a great top 6 forward on this team, no doubt. Burke better not trade him or we are really going to regret it.

Old
03-24-2012, 09:57 AM
Autologic
@Dropinlogic

I am happy Kadri had a big impact last night. I kind of expected both him and Hamilton might be the difference in the game. Both had a lot to prove to new coach and Leafs brass. Will be interested in seeing if he can carry this effort over to tonight's game.

At this point in the season I do hope we end up in a lottery position. However I am not going to be upset if our young current prospects do well.

Old
03-24-2012, 09:58 AM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

I'm glad he's doing well. Even though we won the game, I'm still happy. Go Kadri!

Old
03-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreakmur View Post
Hey Naz, just so you know why you weren't called up - we're trying to tank. If we wanted to win, we'd call you, but we're trying to lose, so we'll call up somebody who can't make a difference.
Exactly, and no I'm not being sarcastic.

Old
03-24-2012, 10:01 AM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Honestly, whatever happens happens. Its not like the players do what the fans say. You're whining and complaining won't change the results. Just look at the bright side. If nazem wasn't playing good you all would have said, "bad pick!" or "bad call up". He had a good game so why not just accept that somrthing good came out of the game. Would you ratger he have a bad time here and lose his confidence so he doesn't make camp again? If we lose, yay. If we win, w.e. It's not in our hands.

Old
03-24-2012, 10:02 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

The reason why Toronto will never e successful. The uneducated fans and media. Never played a game but think they know the best.

Old
03-24-2012, 10:03 AM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
Honestly, whatever happens happens. Its not like the players do what the fans say. You're whining and complaining won't change the results. Just look at the bright side. If nazem wasn't playing good you all would have said, "bad pick!" or "bad call up". He had a good game so why not just accept that somrthing good came out of the game. Would you ratger he have a bad time here and lose his confidence so he doesn't make camp again? If we lose, yay. If we win, w.e. It's not in our hands.
I would have rathered he not have been called up. That being said I'm glad he did well. I blame Carlyle and or Burke for putting us in that position.

Old
03-24-2012, 10:04 AM
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

BTW, those looking to Kadri as an offensive saviour at this moment in time should take note that during his most recent AHL demotion Kadri scored 5 goals and 5 assists in 20 games but was a fairly impressive +5 considering the lack of production.

Old
03-24-2012, 10:06 AM
thebluemachine*
go ahead, do it

#FireKadri

Old
03-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicism View Post
They have upcoming games against the Flyers and Rangers, they're guaranteed to lose those, plus two more against the Sabres and they always lose against the Sabres, so I think lotto position is reachable

How sad is it that the biggest possible accomplishment this season can have is a lotto pick?
It's the best thing to cheer for at this state.

Old
03-24-2012, 10:08 AM
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
The reason why Toronto will never e successful. The uneducated fans and media. Never played a game but think they know the best.
Did I miss something? Are the fans and the media making player personnel decisions now?

Old
03-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeMoney View Post
Agree with that as well, but what is there left for him to learn at the AHL? Id'e rather him come up to the NHL prove to himself and everyone he can shine at this level heading into the summer on that note instead of wondering how he will do all summer while waiting for him to show up in training camp. It's the right time now, no media pressure and scrutiny on every play, he gets to do his thing and learn under the staff at his own pace when nodoby is relying on him and putting the burden on his shoulders to carry the team. Kind of like how every other young player gets to develop in the league other than Toronto.
Be part of a playoff drive, winning it all. Being in the dressing room everyday seeing what it takes. Feeling the pressure. Playing in exhibition games in the NHL is not the same experience and that is all we're doing for the rest of this year.

Closed Thread