HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Nashville @ San Jose 9:30 - 4th Spot in the Crosshairs

Old
03-16-2012, 12:34 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
so legwand commits the penalty that SJ scored their only goal from, misses a breakway in regulation, and then misses his chance in the shootout... good night leggy lol.... trade him
If we're going to trade every player that has a bad game, we might as well just fold the team.

We got a point. Our goalie played really well, and so did theirs. We're a point back of Detroit with a game in hand. Forgive me if I'm okay with the result tonight.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:35 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsboro View Post
personally I think it was a weak call on Leggy ... big embellishment by Pavelski
embellished, somewhat.. but legwand is consistently pulling that "pick" play or whatever you want to call it.. just stands there in the way to give our defenseman more room for a breakout. completely pointless and with any kind of acting (see pavelski), its a penalty majority of the time.

NoNecksCurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Every damn time we get within spitting distance of Detroit, we always lose. Come on guys! We NEED home ice against the Wings.

Oh, tserberis, thanks for letting me know about that app. I watched the 3rd on my iphone. Not perfect, but better than radio.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
klt2001

I had a feeling the Sharks would come out on top. They were just more desperate to get the two points in my opinion to try to get into playoff contentions. So I knew they would be coming out on fire, which they were. They just played more aggressive for all three periods than the Preds. Oh well. At least we got one point and the defense looked alot better than past games except for a couple screw ups/mess ups. The offense didn't start getting going/picking up the pace until late in the third period when the game was tied....by then it was too late. They should learn from this to step up the pressure offensively even when they are up and not wait til it is tied to get more aggressive offensively cause it will eventually be little too late sometimes, especially in games like this.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-16-2012 at 01:09 AM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:36 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Im not ok with the result.

Neimi had a few great saves but the Sharks as a whole weren't necessarily burning up the ice out there. We scored early and then never drove to the net for 40 minutes.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:36 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
If we're going to trad every player that has a bad game, we might as well just fold the team.

We got a point. Our goalie played really well, and so did theirs. We're a point back of Detroit with a game in hand. Forgive me if I'm okay with the result tonight.
that post was sarcasm. I don't really want to trade legwand.. he does need to step his game up more than a notch or two

NoNecksCurse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:37 AM
cleangene

Leggy and Sutes owe us one...HORRIBLE performances. Pray for Goose and GET #47 here QUICKLY!!!!!!!!!!

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:38 AM
Nitrous Mafia

lulz!

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:40 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Suter didnt stop Boyle because he didnt want it to be a distraction to the team.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 12:50 AM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
Suter didnt stop Boyle because he didnt want it to be a distraction to the team.
who's not good enough for who?

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:27 AM
predbob221

suter played horrible tonight! missed coverage on thornton. was watching the shooter instead of moving thornton out of the crease. didn't play the body on the skater who went around him again! late in game we had a two on one but he slowed down so that the defender caught up with him instead of streaking for the net for a pass or to distract the goalie! also ak46 looked bad too.

predbob221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:56 AM
klt2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by predbob221 View Post
suter played horrible tonight! missed coverage on thornton. was watching the shooter instead of moving thornton out of the crease. didn't play the body on the skater who went around him again! late in game we had a two on one but he slowed down so that the defender caught up with him instead of streaking for the net for a pass or to distract the goalie! also ak46 looked bad too.
Even though I agree Suter had a couple bad plays tonight and his play these past games have pissed me off, I actually thought he was playing harder/tighter, skating faster, and going after the puck and getting it out to the offense than he has been. Eventually though the defense can only hold a team for so long from scoring especially if the other team was playing like the Sharks were tonight and our offense wasn't able to get going. Outside of the PP, the offense imo had a difficulty time scoring or keeping the puck in the other team's end more and there was too many dump passes and then the other team would get the puck and bring it to our end to give them scoring chances. The offense had a difficult time creating chances, getting pass the blues line or connecting w/ each other or winning the one on one battles along the borders to keep the puck in and add pressure to the other team to help lessen the pressure on the defense and Peks. The other team just played well tonight on both ends of the ice. So I can't blame Suter or Weber for this game outcome even w/ their few screw ups. I just chalk it up as the Sharks playing well tonight; more aggressive/desperate for a win and the Preds unable to come up offensively tonight.

Peks was great as usual.

Last edited by klt2001: 03-16-2012 at 02:53 AM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:23 AM
predwings

That didn't look very good by us. Legwand once again fails on a breakaway . Rinne looked on top of his game. The PP goal we got looked great...the PP goal they got bounced off someone in front and landed on Thornton's stick, no way to react there for Rinne or anyone. All in all, not the kind of effort I'd expect from the team..perhaps they were all up awaiting the Radulov watch as were other Preds fans. Either way, need to pick-it-up. We can't let these games in hand go to waste. We need to get ahead of Detroit and pick-up home ice advantage.

predwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 02:50 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Well if I heard correctly on the radio which was cutting in and out, Babcock was at the game tonight watching us. Clearly we didn't want to show him anything he can use against us in round 1.

Old
03-16-2012, 02:51 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
who's not good enough for who?
I see you're still with us.

Old
03-16-2012, 06:24 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

This game is another example of how good Rinne is. Almost every team in the league goes through a period of down games. Look at the current Detroit and Boston as well as Chicago a month or two ago. I believe that is happening to this team over the last five games or so. It's tough to tell, though, because we've still been putting points up. Last night was all Rinne.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 07:15 AM
predfan98

How did goose get hurt?

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 07:39 AM
PhoneGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
How did goose get hurt?
Got checked from behind around the Sharks' net, and when he fell forward, he landed on his right fist. Pretty sure it was his right fist. They showed him on the bench holding his wrist. Pretty innocent-enough looking play, just landed wrong on it.

edit: Per Josh Cooper on twitter, Goose is out for the game against the Kings. My guess is, he'll be out for even more.

Last edited by PhoneGuy: 03-16-2012 at 07:45 AM.
PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 07:53 AM
PhoneGuy

Kind of OT, but still game-related - funniest thing I read on twitter last night :

Jim Diamond ‏ @diamondhockey
Wow. Hurtful. RT @PredsFan_303: How many times are we gonna see @diamondhockey on TV tonight? Oh....wait...that's Joe Buck. Sorry, Jim

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 07:54 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah look like a broken wrist to me, he was in obvious pain for sure. I'll wait to hear from some of the posting Doctors though.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 07:56 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
btw, erat and legwand get a new ****ing move for christ's sakes.... thanks

thank you rinne for the 1 point
I was glad to see Erat wasn't a first-three shooter since I'm tired of seeing his one-and-only wrist-shot move.

Smith made a nice move that almost beat Niemi.

When Legwand came up, I knew it was over. If I can guess forehand-fake, backhand top-shelf, so can Niemi.

That's not to say Legwand shouldn't remain a first-three shooter, just that he has to show something different on occassion.

wadesworld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 07:57 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I just want to point out for all the "Suter is better defensively than Weber" crowd. Suter gets turned inside out on 1 vs 1 often. He always tries to fish for the puck and guys get around him. He's still elite, but he's not as perfect defensively as some believe. On a 1 v 1 situation on open ice, I'd prefer Weber.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Biggun35
Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Yeah look like a broken wrist to me, he was in obvious pain for sure. I'll wait to hear from some of the posting Doctors though.
As a victim of two broken wrists, I concur.

I'm not a doctor but I play one on tv.

Biggun35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 08:38 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

So I sleep through a game, and apparently I missed a lot. Rinne looked outstanding. Legwand took a bad penalty. Suter missed an assignment that led to a Shark's PP goal. Goose got hurt (broken wrist? from a slash I take it). Lost in a shootout.

I'm glad I went to bed. Otherwise I would have had trouble sleeping. Our team seems to have a terrible time putting an entire game together. If the offense is riding high, the defense and/or Rinne aren't sharp. If Rinne/defense is sharp, the offense isn't.

I really hope Goose isn't out long. We need his size and role for the play offs. Not to mention that it would be a complete waste of a first rounder if he has to sit the rest of the season.

Some Sharks fan posted a video of the "trip" on Rinne. The video is titled "Rinne dives" or something like that. To me, it looks like he just slips backwards. The bigger issue is Havlat using the push he received as an excuse to crosscheck Rinne. I'm glad he got jumped for it. At least there's that

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 09:39 AM
pekkaslap

Sorry, I didn't know where else to post this, but does anyone know when the voting starts for all the year-end awards like the Vezina and Norris? I thought it was near the end of the regular season but wasn't sure exactly when it began. Thanks.

pekkaslap is offline   Reply With Quote