HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Radulov - Radulov splits D vs. Chicago (6 points, 6 games)

Old
03-20-2012, 09:57 AM
PhoneGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
cant unsee.....

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:58 AM
sighthndlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by randymc2641 View Post
Surely the private plane that flew weber, suter, and smith to all star game is on the way to JFK shortly. Looks like the pilot must be an Oilers fan lol j/k before I hear how there's no way he's playing tonight, I know this....just interested how deviated from the flight plan the actual flight is.
looks a little wobbly. . .

sighthndlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:03 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
SlavaMalamud
"Write this: "I am flying to Nashville, but I won't forget the national team" (Radulov to Sport-Express). Well, then.
What the eff does that mean? That he's going to bounce before the WC's?

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:07 AM
tserberis*

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:08 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
What the eff does that mean? That he's going to bounce before the WC's?
Or that he is going to to sign contract with Nashville, but will be always ready for team Russia.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:19 AM
VFL615*

Ahh ole Rads.. It will be interesting to see if his fire and passion rub off on this team. Could be just want the doctor signed off on. Lite a fire under Weber, Suter, Legwand, and someone who will not just stand around while horny is getting a facial.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:21 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Ahh ole Rads.. It will be interesting to see if his fire and passion rub off on this team. Could be just want the doctor signed off on. Lite a fire under Weber, Suter, Legwand, and someone who will not just stand around while horny is getting a facial.
You know who Radulov is right? He's not some big tough guy....

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:31 AM
randymc2641

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I think what he meant was that he plays with passion, and maybe that will rub off on the others and they will take care of that.

randymc2641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:32 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
No he is not Joe Thorton but he is has a bad attitude and i doubt he will take any crap while on the ice with him or his teamates. Toots is not a big tough guy but he is very effective in that role.

Old
03-20-2012, 10:36 AM
VFL615*

Nice article broken down the way i like it. Some good views. I bet some Canadians are still recovering from what he did to them. lol
Its like me when i beat up on canadians online in NHL12.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/usa-today-s...a-major-event/

Old
03-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
And that would only last for the remainder of this year. Surely they wouldn't be able to maintain that suspension indefinitely, which was what was being implied.
I was implying you stick him on the Admirals forever haha. My CBA / ELC knowledge is mediocre though. I thought the ELC years didn't burn until you played at least 10 (?) games in the NHL during a season.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:49 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

You know the buyout is 3.3 million. How much do you think Nashville will offer him IF the team is a cap max team and IF the cap does go up to 72 million?

Just go on Capgeek and run the numbers and see how much the team has in cap space after over paying Weber and Suter.

How hard would it be to do a contract that's about one million over the value of the player for 3 years and NOT look like the team is paying Radulov back for buying himself out?

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:52 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
I was implying you stick him on the Admirals forever haha. My CBA / ELC knowledge is mediocre though. I thought the ELC years didn't burn until you played at least 10 (?) games in the NHL during a season.
ELC years count even if you are in the minors. It wouldnt count as an accrued season towards UFA status, but it would count as his ELC year

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:55 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
You know the buyout is 3.3 million. How much do you think Nashville will offer him IF the team is a cap max team and IF the cap does go up to 72 million?

Just go on Capgeek and run the numbers and see how much the team has in cap space after over paying Weber and Suter.

How hard would it be to do a contract that's about one million over the value of the player for 3 years and NOT look like the team is paying Radulov back for buying himself out?
he will need his money up front, not over 3 years

I siad before that if nashville has the cash to spend he could get a frontloaded deal that pays him 8.5 million the first year and averages 5.5 million over 5 years total...

Old
03-20-2012, 11:02 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Rads always looks like such a tool. But, hey, he's a great talent. I will never forget the story handtrick (I think it was him) told about Rads showing up on his first road trip as a Pred in a Russian track suit with a hat on backwards.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:07 AM
wadesworld

Just doing my part as an obsessed fan....

I've looked at the flights from Moscow to New York today, and I think there's a 98% chance this is Rads' flight:

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/D...910Z/UUEE/KJFK

Based on the arrival time in New York, the fact he'd have to go through Customs and the available flights to Nashville, I'd say it's unlikely he makes it to the arena to watch the game tonight, unless its in the 3rd period. And if so, what's the point? Better to let him go home and rest up for practice tomorrow.

If the Preds are sending a private plane for him, I suppose that could expedite things somewhat, but it still would be surprising to see him show up at the arena.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:13 AM
VFL615*

In case anyone is unsure of who Rads is. Here is a nice video of some of his talent. The last goal is what i was refering to about canadians earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYJ5j...eature=related

Old
03-20-2012, 11:18 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post

I've looked at the flights from Moscow to New York today, and I think there's a 98% chance this is Rads' flight:

Based on the arrival time in New York, the fact he'd have to go through Customs and the available flights to Nashville, I'd say it's unlikely he makes it to the arena to watch the game tonight, unless its in the 3rd period. And if so, what's the point? Better to let him go home and rest up for practice tomorrow.

If the Preds are sending a private plane for him, I suppose that could expedite things somewhat, but it still would be surprising to see him show up at the arena.
weird... it says that his plane is "taxiing" but "pushed away from the gate 6 hours 11 minutes ago"...

Im thinking its a long drive from Moscow....

Old
03-20-2012, 11:26 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
weird... it says that his plane is "taxiing" but "pushed away from the gate 6 hours 11 minutes ago"...

Im thinking its a long drive from Moscow....
Yeah, they just don't have updated data, I'm sure.

I'm guessing once the flight gets closer to the US the data may start updating.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Everlong
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
In case anyone is unsure of who Rads is. Here is a nice video of some of his talent. The last goal is what i was refering to about canadians earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYJ5j...eature=related
Don't remind me. You're making an enemy today.

Nice little quote from Dats:

"I know he's a good guy and good player too," said Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk. "Lots of skill. He's one of best KHL players for (the) last three years. Big help for Nashville Predators. Not good for us."

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:31 AM
randymc2641

Quote:

http://www.delta.com/flifo/servlet/D...2&request=main has the updated info. Also there should be a private plane at JFK for him.

randymc2641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:38 AM
Juneemoon

Interesting note from Eliotte Friedman today...Medvedev may have thrown that out there to use as a possible bargaining chip later....

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...-thoughts.html

Quote:
1. The KHL reached out to the NHL last week, looking to "negotiate terms" of his return. The NHL considers him a "stolen player" and refused. With the Sochi Olympics looming, Alexander Medvedev knows he's got to play it carefully. How important are NHLers at the Olympics to Russia? When NHLPA boss Donald Fehr travelled to Russia in February, Vladimir Putin found time to sit down with him. That's not an easy meeting to get.

Juneemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Shea Weber

No one mentioned that Rads tweeted a pic of himself on a plane early this morning?

@RADUL22: "In the plaine going to New York then Nashville."

The pic is hilarious, can't post it from work though... sorry if mentioned...didn't see it and was surprised.

EDIT: Nevermind, skipped last page somehow!

Shea Weber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:54 AM
SavageSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
No one mentioned that Rads tweeted a pic of himself on a plane early this morning?

@RADUL22: "In the plaine going to New York then Nashville."

The pic is hilarious, can't post it from work though... sorry if mentioned...didn't see it and was surprised.

EDIT: Nevermind, skipped last page somehow!
In the photo he looks like he should be running down Jason Bourne across Kamchatka or something! The quote on Puck Daddy that makes a meme out of it saying 'opulence. i has it' needs to be on the glass at warm-ups saturday night!

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:59 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post
Beat ya!

gopreds19 is offline   Reply With Quote