HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Alexander Radulov - Radulov splits D vs. Chicago (6 points, 6 games)

Old
03-16-2012, 04:51 PM
tserberis*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
I think the rule is that if it's past a certain number of minutes since it was posted you can't edit. I don't think you're being punished.

For the record, it's persona non grata.
For the record tell it to my iPhone!!!

No, I am punished, mods would tell you...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 04:53 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

If Poile is counting on Radulov just giving the finger to the KHL and the remaining month on his contract, I think we're sunk. For whatever reason, Radulov has chosen to do this "the right way" this time, so unless the league grants him some sort of exception, I think all we can do is start hoping it happens this summer.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 04:53 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I don't think anything really groundbreaking was said in this Poile interview. It's pretty much just a re-hash of what we all have discussed on here. Poile never touched on the KHL or international rules, which appears to be the hold up right now.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 04:55 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I don't think anything really groundbreaking was said in this Poile interview. It's pretty much just a re-hash of what we all have discussed on here. Poile never touched on the KHL or international rules, which appears to be the hold up right now.
He did touch on it. He said he can come and play right now for us. No limitation other then our suspention.

Old
03-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
He did touch on it. He said he can come and play right now for us. No limitation other then our suspention.
I think he was just referring to NHL rules, ie waivers

Old
03-16-2012, 05:03 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
I think he was just referring to NHL rules, ie waivers
He was referring to transfer card, which is IIHF thing. No other legal limitation other then our suspention.

Old
03-16-2012, 05:13 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
He was referring to transfer card, which is IIHF thing. No other legal limitation other then our suspention.
That still doesn't cover Ufa letting him go. Sounds like Radulov doesn't want to do anything against the rules. Poile has always maintained that he knows nothing about Radulov's contract and never talks about KHL law. He's shown in the past that he and the NHL don't always have the right answers when it comes to this stuff.

The way I see it, the only realistic solutions are:
-KHL letting Ufa keep Radulov's rights after mutual release
-Radulov coming over despite KHL law, which may or may not have consequences down the road

Old
03-16-2012, 05:52 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
I think the rule is that if it's past a certain number of minutes since it was posted you can't edit. I don't think you're being punished.

For the record, it's persona non grata.
Quote:
For the record tell it to my iPhone!!!

No, I am punished, mods would tell you...
We technically aren't supposed to talk about this stuff in the threads so I will redirect you to this page: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/fa...aq_forum_rules

The information in question begins towards the bottom of the page with the sentence "The following penalties are triggered by the point total in parentheses"

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 03-16-2012 at 07:30 PM.
ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 07:15 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

So if Poile has now mentioned a timeline, it's do or die time. Poile is putting it all on Radulov's shoulders, and rightfully so. Poile usually doesn't say much but when he does, things usually happen. Come on Rad's.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 07:52 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

I have a feeling Rads will negotiate something with Ufa that will allow him to come over to NSH for the stretch drive to burn that final year of his NHL ELC. The timing couldn't be more perfect for him -- he only has to play a handful of games.

Rads' agent should have some unknown KHL levers to utilize that will get Ufa to the negotiating table (perhaps abstaining from playing in the World Championships or Olympics or something that would have the Russian federation put pressure on Ufa). But Rads will have to offer something of substance to Ufa to get it done. Ufa knows that Rads has to much money at stake with him trying to get to NHL UFA status at minimum opportunity cost as possible.

His negotiation with Ufa could get pretty creative.

As for next season, I doubt that we see Rads back in the NHL then. Sadly, I think he signs in the KHL again next season that sees him playing there until he reaches 27 years old or whatever age the new NHL CBA will set as the threshold for unrestricted free agency status.

03-16-2012, 07:56 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
As for next season, I doubt that we see Rads back in the NHL then. Sadly, I think next season he signs another deal with a KHL team and plays there until he reaches 27 years old or whatever age the new NHL CBA will set as the threshold for unrestricted free agency status.
Just curious, why? Radulov told Poile not to trade him, so it doesn't seem like the problem was playing for Nashville, it was just playing in the NHL in general.

Old
03-16-2012, 08:08 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Just curious, why? Radulov told Poile not to trade him, so it doesn't seem like the problem was playing for Nashville, it was just playing in the NHL in general.
Rads seems pretty concerned about playing it by the book this time around. I think that's because he has plans on returning to the KHL in the short-term but without it having to be in Ufa -- where he's apparently unhappy.

With regard to the NHL, I get the sense Radulov is all about getting to NHL UFA status. Telling NSH he doesn't necessarily want his rights traded somewhere else is in indication to me that he has no interest at all in playing any RFA years in the NHL. Why bother requesting a trade if you're only interested in truly coming back until you are an unrestricted free agent.

(Here's a guess where he wants to play next season: if he and that Russian singer, Nyusha, are still an item, I suspect he'll go play with one of the Moscow teams if the money is right. Guess where she's from?)

JawandaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 08:28 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
I have a feeling Rads will negotiate something with Ufa that will allow him to come over to NSH for the stretch drive to burn that final year of his NHL ELC. The timing couldn't be more perfect for him -- he only has to play a handful of games.

Rads' agent should have some unknown KHL levers to utilize that will get Ufa to the negotiating table (perhaps abstaining from playing in the World Championships or Olympics or something that would have the Russian federation put pressure on Ufa). But Rads will have to offer something of substance to Ufa to get it done. Ufa knows that Rads has to much money at stake with him trying to get to NHL UFA status at minimum opportunity cost as possible.

As for next season, I doubt that we see Rads back in the NHL then. Sadly, I think he signs in the KHL again next season that sees him playing there until he reaches 27 years old or whatever age the new NHL CBA will set as the threshold for unrestricted free agency status.

I'm sure he wants to become an UFA ASAP so that he can sign with a real contender with deep pockets. Probably Vancouver. The he and Weber can play together and win a Cup, something that will never happen in Nashville.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 08:32 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
I'm sure he wants to become an UFA ASAP so that he can sign with a real contender with deep pockets. Probably Vancouver. The he and Weber can play together and win a Cup, something that will never happen in Nashville.
No, I think its probably to Broadway (NYC) that he'd like to go in ~2014.

NSH has a good chance at the cup this season -- another reason (despite it being less meaningful to him than money) that it is optimal for him to come over now to burn that last ELC year.

Old
03-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

So really it's just a gut feeling you have, because I'm not seeing the connection between Radulov saying "No, don't trade me. I want to play for Nashville" and "Radulov has no interest in playing for Nashville whatsoever."

Or do you mean it doesn't necessarily matter where he plays, he just wants a UFA contract as soon as possible? I could see him signing with Nashville just until he reaches UFA status, and then decides what to do from there. But coming to NA, then back to Russia, then back NA again just seems like a convoluted way of simply trying to get UFA status. IMO, once he comes over, he's staying (assuming things go well for him here).

Old
03-16-2012, 08:55 PM
tserberis*

Quote:

He will not be allowed to sign in the KHL. He will be RFA with NHL and that does not allow you to sign any contract with other leagues that NHL has agreement with. Bah...

How many time do I need to repeat this...

Old
03-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

It always cracks me up seeing Rads in that music video.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 09:06 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
He will not be allowed to sign in the KHL. He will be RFA with NHL and that does not allow you to sign any contract with other leagues that NHL has agreement with. Bah...

That doesn't make any sense.

Old
03-16-2012, 09:07 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
That doesn't make any sense.
It makes total sense, it's to prevent exactly what Radulov did... only it was put in place after Radulov jumped ship, and he was excepted from the rule.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:

No, this is not true. The transfer agreement only covers players under contract. It does not cover free agents.

How many times do I need to repeat this

Old
03-16-2012, 09:13 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
So really it's just a gut feeling you have, because I'm not seeing the connection between Radulov saying "No, don't trade me. I want to play for Nashville" and "Radulov has no interest in playing for Nashville whatsoever."
Yeah, just a gut feeling.

Quote:
Or do you mean it doesn't necessarily matter where he plays, he just wants a UFA contract as soon as possible?
He wants to get UFA status/contract asap, but he'd prefer to play in Russia during the two year wait. That's my sense.

Quote:
I could see him signing with Nashville just until he reaches UFA status, and then decides what to do from there. But coming to NA, then back to Russia, then back NA again just seems like a convoluted way of simply trying to get UFA status. IMO, once he comes over, he's staying (assuming things go well for him here).
The reason I don't see him signing in NSH is because the RFA deal he would get in the NHL would be inferior to what he'd get in Russia as an unrestricted free agent. Going back and forth doesn't seem convoluted -- especially for this guy -- when you add up the dollars and his personal preference.

But I'm probably wrong. We'll see.

Old
03-16-2012, 09:18 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
sorry if this has been said earlier but on XM this afternoon Bill Daly said he expected to be talking to Medvedev this weekend about Radulov.... take that FWIW but if the KHL is serious about making nice with the NHL then the two of them will figure out a way to get Rads over here

PredsV82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 09:21 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Yeah, just a gut feeling.

He wants to get UFA status/contract asap, but he'd prefer to play in Russia during the two year wait. That's my sense.

The reason I don't see him signing in NSH is because the RFA deal he would get in the NHL would be inferior to what he'd get in Russia as an unrestricted free agent. Going back and forth doesn't seem convoluted -- especially for this guy -- when you add up the dollars and his personal preference.

But I'm probably wrong. We'll see.
I could see that happening I guess. I could see anything happening with that guy really.

Old
03-16-2012, 09:25 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
No, this is not true. The transfer agreement only covers players under contract. It does not cover free agents.

How many times do I need to repeat this
Yes it is true. Read up the memorandum NHL and KHL signed.
RFA considered property of respected clubs and can't sign anywhere else.

Old
03-16-2012, 09:28 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Yes it is true. Read up the memorandum NHL and KHL signed.
RFA considered property of respected clubs and can't sign anywhere else.
If memory serves me correct, VAN's Sergei Shirokov was an RFA last off-season upon the expiry of his ELC. He went on to sign with Moscow (edit:Dynamo) CSKA this past season. There are probably half a dozen examples I would guess.

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=1560

Last edited by JawandaPuck: 03-16-2012 at 09:44 PM.