HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

leafs @ lightning

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-15-2012, 07:21 PM
  #126
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,972
vCash: 500
lol Reimer, when was this play when the team needed it?

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:22 PM
  #127
keonsbitterness
Buck Faceball
 
keonsbitterness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 11,345
vCash: 500
Just got in and........wait, we're winning???

keonsbitterness is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:22 PM
  #128
PoisonMushroom
I'm a fungi!
 
PoisonMushroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeGo View Post
Ya and look what it has landed us the last few years. Get a top 3 pick and that player is almost guaranteed to succeed. Don't fight the logic. Your not a true fan by wanting them to finish 9th-10th in the east. You'd be an enemy to the leafs since all you wishing for will just harm the leafs.
That's a completely ridiculous argument. Do you work for Fox News or the US Republican party?

PoisonMushroom is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:22 PM
  #129
Terrence
Registered User
 
Terrence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,210
vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeGo View Post
Ya and look what it has landed us the last few years. Get a top 3 pick and that player is almost guaranteed to succeed. Don't fight the logic. Your not a true fan by wanting them to finish 9th-10th in the east. You'd be an enemy to the leafs since all you wishing for will just harm the leafs.
Yeah, people who cheer for the Leafs to win are not true fans for wanting them to play well and actually give a ****, then watching them not try at all and lose for a better draft pick that may or may not help our team in the future.

Yeah, you tell 'em.

Terrence is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:23 PM
  #130
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem
 
The Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,017
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
I think its because he dropped the whole Allaire style
where is ur proof if that is true

The Reaper is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:23 PM
  #131
threeGo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,563
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonMushroom View Post
That's a completely ridiculous argument. Do you work for Fox News or the US Republican party?
You're a ridiculous statement. Get over it. This team sucks right now and we need to draft a star player. Drafting another kadri is not going to do us any good for atleast 4 years by the way burke has developed kadri so far.

threeGo is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:25 PM
  #132
RaskY
GLG
 
RaskY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeGo View Post
You're a ridiculous statement. Get over it. This team sucks right now and we need to draft a star player. Drafting another kadri is not going to do us any good for atleast 4 years by the way burke has developed kadri so far.
You should log off....

RaskY is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:25 PM
  #133
Leafan519
Registered User
 
Leafan519's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sarnia, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,048
vCash: 500
If Reimer steals this one (better not happen) someone should mash up a pic of Reimer with his goofy looking grin and the trollface for the epic trolljob on tank nation it would be.

"outta playoff picture?"

"beastmode"

Leafan519 is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:25 PM
  #134
Crispy Crust
Registered User
 
Crispy Crust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Land of 13 Cups
Posts: 15,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
Yeah, people who cheer for the Leafs to win are not true fans for wanting them to play well and actually give a ****, then watching them not try at all and lose for a better draft pick that may or may not help our team in the future.

Yeah, you tell 'em.
Haven't we seen this story in the past?

Crispy Crust is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:25 PM
  #135
keonsbitterness
Buck Faceball
 
keonsbitterness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 11,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeGo View Post
You're a ridiculous statement. Get over it. This team sucks right now and we need to draft a star player. Drafting another kadri is not going to do us any good for atleast 4 years by the way burke has developed kadri so far.
Fair enough, but there's also no guarantee a top three player will turn into a star.

keonsbitterness is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:26 PM
  #136
Terrence
Registered User
 
Terrence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,210
vCash: 1026
Whatever player the Leafs draft this year will have a ridiculous amount of pressure placed upon them, which is completely unjustified.

Terrence is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:26 PM
  #137
Darylman
Registered User
 
Darylman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,646
vCash: 500
Gotta be startin Reimer

Darylman is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:26 PM
  #138
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 59,241
vCash: 500
Yzerman isn't tanking?

He's got a 22 year old kid in net.

Outsmarting the Leafs.

__________________
http://kuklaskorner.com/index.php/ps...e_corsi_issues

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.

Babs - short for Barbara
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:26 PM
  #139
PhiladelphiaKessel
DontCrossthe****Line
 
PhiladelphiaKessel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty Kill Icing View Post
lol Reimer, when was this play when the team needed it?
Exactly. Nobody cares how you perform now Reimer, youve already let everybody down

PhiladelphiaKessel is online now  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:26 PM
  #140
Crispy Crust
Registered User
 
Crispy Crust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Land of 13 Cups
Posts: 15,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafan519 View Post
If Reimer steals this one (better not happen) someone should mash up a pic of Reimer with his goofy looking grin and the trollface for the epic trolljob on tank nation it would be.

"outta playoff picture?"

"beatmode"


FFS Stamkos get your act together and pop a pair home the next period.

Crispy Crust is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:27 PM
  #141
iArts
ಠ_ಠ
 
iArts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto,ON,Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,079
vCash: 500
On a side note:

Is Bryzgalov going to let a goal in or what?

iArts is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:27 PM
  #142
PoisonMushroom
I'm a fungi!
 
PoisonMushroom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by threeGo View Post
You're a ridiculous statement. Get over it. This team sucks right now and we need to draft a star player. Drafting another kadri is not going to do us any good for atleast 4 years by the way burke has developed kadri so far.
Patrik Stefan, Cam Barker, Erik Johnson, Rick DiPietro, Brad Stuart, Aki Berg, Radek Bonk. If you can tell me what those players have in common and why it makes your statement ridiculous, then it'll show me you have at least a little hockey history intelligence. Until then, in my mind, you be trollin'.

PoisonMushroom is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:28 PM
  #143
keonsbitterness
Buck Faceball
 
keonsbitterness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 11,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
Whatever player the Leafs draft this year will have a ridiculous amount of pressure placed upon them, which is completely unjustified.
Welcome to Toronto!

keonsbitterness is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:28 PM
  #144
iArts
ಠ_ಠ
 
iArts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto,ON,Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonMushroom View Post
Patrik Stefan, Cam Barker, Erik Johnson, Rick DiPietro, Brad Stuart, Aki Berg, Radek Bonk. If you can tell me what those players have in common and why it makes your statement ridiculous, then it'll show me you have at least a little hockey history intelligence. Until then, in my mind, you be trollin'.
That's your argument? These players are the exception,not the rule.

iArts is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:28 PM
  #145
RaskY
GLG
 
RaskY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 10,976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Yzerman isn't tanking?

He's got a 22 year old kid in net.

Outsmarting the Leafs.
No like he has any better options.

RaskY is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:28 PM
  #146
anderson3133
Registered User
 
anderson3133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kitchener
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Yzerman isn't tanking?

He's got a 22 year old kid in net.

Outsmarting the Leafs.
Reimer has played the worst of the two goalies we have and he is all of one year older than Tokarski.

Perhaps he hasn't been outsmarted after all?

anderson3133 is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:29 PM
  #147
Sonny21
Registerd User
 
Sonny21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,277
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaKessel View Post
CMon leafs, dont all of a sudden decide to play good
It's our ****ing luck man.

Sonny21 is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:29 PM
  #148
keonsbitterness
Buck Faceball
 
keonsbitterness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 11,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonMushroom View Post
Patrik Stefan, Cam Barker, Erik Johnson, Rick DiPietro, Brad Stuart, Aki Berg, Radek Bonk. If you can tell me what those players have in common and why it makes your statement ridiculous, then it'll show me you have at least a little hockey history intelligence. Until then, in my mind, you be trollin'.
But Patrik Stefan was involved in one of the greatest plays in hockey history!

keonsbitterness is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:29 PM
  #149
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,972
vCash: 500
I think what that guy really means is Beats mode, not Beast mode.

Penalty Kill Icing* is offline  
Old
03-15-2012, 07:30 PM
  #150
Crispy Crust
Registered User
 
Crispy Crust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Land of 13 Cups
Posts: 15,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by iArts View Post
That's your argument? These players are the exception,not the rule.
Yup. More often than not if your picking in the top 3, the chances are that player will blossom into a very good NHLer.

Crispy Crust is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.