HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

Soooo...Rockford and Milwaukee had a little brawl

Old
04-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

vCash: 500
Soooo...Rockford and Milwaukee had a little brawl

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary...ame_id=1009683

Quote:
2 - RFD Served By , 10:08 - Game misconduct - Coach, (75.5(iii)) 10 min
2 - RFD Flick, 10:08 - Unsportsmanlike conduct, 2 min (PP)
2 - RFD Flick, 10:08 - Fighting, 5 min
2 - RFD Flick, 10:08 - Game misconduct - Secondary altercation, (46.6) 10 min
2 - RFD Hutton, 10:08 - Fighting, 5 min
2 - RFD Hutton, 10:08 - Game misconduct - Continuing altercation, (46.5) 10 min
2 - RFD Lalonde, 10:08 - Fighting, 5 min
2 - RFD Lalonde, 10:08 - Game misconduct - Returning to ice/bench, (70.6) 10 min
2 - RFD Stanton, 10:08 - Fighting, 5 min
2 - RFD Stanton, 10:08 - Game misconduct - Secondary altercation, (46.6) 10 min
2 - MIL Served By , 10:08 - Game misconduct - Coach, (75.5(iii)) 10 min
2 - MIL Foss, 10:08 - Fighting, 5 min
2 - MIL Foss, 10:08 - Game misconduct - Secondary altercation, (46.6) 10 min
2 - MIL Latta, 10:08 - Fighting, 5 min
2 - MIL Latta, 10:08 - Game misconduct - Returning to ice/bench, (70.6) 10 min
2 - MIL Smith, 10:08 - Fighting, 5 min
2 - MIL Smith, 10:08 - Game misconduct - Continuing altercation, (46.5) 10 min
2 - MIL Stortini, 10:08 - Fighting, 5 min
2 - MIL Stortini, 10:08 - Game misconduct - Secondary altercation, (46.6) 10 min

Sports Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 08:54 PM
adsfan

Flick, #26 for Rockford, came to just outside the Admirals crease during a time out near the midpoint of Period 2. All the other players were by their benches or on their benches. Flick was jawing at Jeremy Smith, the goalie, who was in his crease. The 6'2" 210 lbs Flick starts swinging at the 5'10" 170 lbs Smith. Smith may have had his goalie gloves on, but he started fighting back. Both benches emptied and came down into the corner by me. I didn't even see Hutton, the Rockford goalie come down to join in the fray. Even the two guys in the penalty boxes for a previous fight came out. There were 10 ejections, including both head coaches.

The one ref, Shaun Davis, had Rob Flick pinned up against the end boards and was screaming into his face for a good minute. Zack Stortini from Milwaukee was standing at the faceoff off dot and yelling at Flick to come fight him. Both teams were sent back to their benches and then to their dressing rooms. Flick went to the penalty box and only came out after both teams were gone. The ice was resurfaced. When the teams returned to their benches, the penalties were announced. Jeremy Smith, Michael Latta, Zach Stortini, another Admiral and the coach were ejected. A similar group from Rockford was ejected. Milwaukee had a 2 minute power play out of the whole deal, due to the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Flick.

There is one game remaining between the two teams on Friday the 13th! Flick should be suspended for the rest of the season and the playoffs. If Rockford doesn't make the playoffs, then Flick should be suspended for 10 games next season. I haven't seen anything like this in 20 years. Somebody will be posting this BS on YouTube! If Flick plays on the 13th, he will be leaving the ice feet first! Bet your lungs on it!!!

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:08 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Flick, #26 for Rockford, came to just outside the Admirals crease during a time out near the midpoint of Period 2. All the other players were by their benches or on their benches. Flick was jawing at Jeremy Smith, the goalie, who was in his crease. The 6'2" 210 lbs Flick starts swinging at the 5'10" 170 lbs Smith. Smith may have had his goalie gloves on, but he started fighting back. Both benches emptied and came down into the corner by me. I didn't even see Hutton, the Rockford goalie come down to join in the fray. Even the two guys in the penalty boxes for a previous fight came out. There were 10 ejections, including both head coaches.

The one ref, Shaun Davis, had Rob Flick pinned up against the end boards and was screaming into his face for a good minute. Zack Stortini from Milwaukee was standing at the faceoff off dot and yelling at Flick to come fight him. Both teams were sent back to their benches and then to their dressing rooms. Flick went to the penalty box and only came out after both teams were gone. The ice was resurfaced. When the teams returned to their benches, the penalties were announced. Jeremy Smith, Michael Latta, Zach Stortini, another Admiral and the coach were ejected. A similar group from Rockford was ejected. Milwaukee had a 2 minute power play out of the whole deal, due to the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on Flick.

There is one game remaining between the two teams on Friday the 13th! Flick should be suspended for the rest of the season and the playoffs. If Rockford doesn't make the playoffs, then Flick should be suspended for 10 games next season. I haven't seen anything like this in 20 years. Somebody will be posting this BS on YouTube! If Flick plays on the 13th, he will be leaving the ice feet first! Bet your lungs on it!!!
Hope you enjoyed it man, that used to be minor league hockey at it's finest!

Is Flick a good player or just a career minor leaguer to be? Something must have happened betwen Flick and Smith earlier in the game.

How did they do the intermission? Cleaning up the fight and then just played the rest of the game without another break?

Old
04-01-2012, 09:15 PM
Orange Thunder

Youtube!

Orange Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2012, 09:27 PM
adsfan

Flick had been yapping at Stortini two times in the game that I noticed. LaLonde was yapping at Latta after a whistle, that is what started the previous fight. The Admirals Roundtable has Milwaukee's coach stating that Rockford's coach was yapping at the Milwaukee players after the brawl! Rockford must have woken up on the wrong side of the bus or something. They started 90% of the trouble in the whole game. I didn't notice anything going on with Smith earlier in the game, but I sit in the second row and the plexiglas cuts out 99% of the noise from the ice. Smith was also at the other end of the ice in the first period, where I am less likely to notice anything unusual.

I checked Rob Flick's stats. 42 games played, 6 goals, 5 assists, -1 and 67 pims.

After the brawl, both teams went to their locker rooms. The ice was resurfaced during an 18 minute intermission. They played the last 10 mins of period 2. Both teams played that time like a no checking league. I think neither Assistant Coach wanted anything more to occur. The ice was resurfaced during another 18 minute intermission. Then period 3 was played. A few checks were thrown, but play was mild.

Old
04-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

I see the game went to a Shootout....how many guys on each team were left by that point?

Old
04-01-2012, 10:01 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
I see the game went to a Shootout....how many guys on each team were left by that point?
Both teams lost 3 skaters, a goalie and their Head Coach. It wasn't really noticeable. Milwaukee did use a D-man (Jon Blum) as their third shooter. He did score. I think Milwaukee had 7 d-men dressed. Only one of them was tossed (Jeff Foss). He hadn't played much. I never saw him the first 5 minutes of the second period. Milwaukee kept using the same 4 defenders before that.

Old
04-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Teravainen
LoveYouRyanNash

More like a bench brawl..

Old username: LoveYouRyanNash and DontTazMeBro
GO HAWKS!
Teravainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 12:35 AM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTazMeBro View Post
More like a bench brawl..
Was being sarcastic in my title.

Old
04-02-2012, 08:27 AM
Hawkscap

http://www.wifr.com/sports/headlines...9bmvJk.twitter

Hawkscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Tommy Hawk

That is not enough video. Is the whole thing out on you tube yet?

Tommy Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Hawkscap

Hawkscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 02:36 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Why was the Rockford GM on the bench???

Those zebras should all be fined and suspended, this brawl was their fault.

Old
04-02-2012, 06:41 PM
RFA

Looks like they have goal cams in Milwalkee

RFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2012, 07:36 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Hope you enjoyed it man, that used to be minor league hockey at it's finest!

Is Flick a good player or just a career minor leaguer to be? Something must have happened betwen Flick and Smith earlier in the game.

How did they do the intermission? Cleaning up the fight and then just played the rest of the game without another break?
Coach Ian Herbers mentioned in today's Milwaukee Journal Sentinel article that Rockford players had been "yapping at him all night", meaning Jeremy Smith. There were two refs for the game, you would think that one of them might have called something to stop that garbage.

Flick and Stortini were sent off for unsportsmanlike conduct after nearly fighting before a faceoff near the end of the first period. I didn't see what started that, I did see Flick jab his stick up the right sleeve of Stortini's jersey before there was any puck drop. Flick had a hard time getting the blade of his stick back out. Shaun Davis stepped between them and told them to go to the penalty box. Andy Thiessen, the other ref, blended in with the scenery most of the game. I haven't seen him before. I assumed that he was a new ref, at least in Milwaukee.

Old
04-02-2012, 07:38 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFA View Post
Looks like they have goal cams in Milwalkee
Milwaukee has had goal cameras for years.

Old
04-02-2012, 07:49 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Why was the Rockford GM on the bench???

Those zebras should all be fined and suspended, this brawl was their fault.
Rockford has two assistant coaches, Ben Simon and Steve Poapst. Maybe you are seeing them both.

Yeah, the refs got caught napping. But Head Coach Ted Dent should know why his player left the bench area and skated away from where the face off was to be held.

Old
04-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Sports Enthusiast
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Rockford has two assistant coaches, Ben Simon and Steve Poapst. Maybe you are seeing them both.

Yeah, the refs got caught napping. But Head Coach Ted Dent should know why his player left the bench area and skated away from where the face off was to be held.
No on the youtube video they mentioned the Rockford GM being on the bench.

Old
04-02-2012, 08:17 PM
adsfan

I just watched the video. Okay, fine the Rockford GM for illegally being on the bench. Isn't there anybody on that team that has respect for the rules and opponents?

Old
04-02-2012, 08:38 PM
adsfan

Andy Thiessen was the ref who grabbed Flick. Good for him! He probably kept Flick from being torn apart by three or four Admirals in the corner. I saw Smith wailing on him before Hutton jumped Smith from behind. Dupont was fighting with Flick to get him off of Smith. Stortini was trying to get at Flick, no surprise after their two previous run-ins in the game. Flick had yapped at Storts at least twice. Strangely, Storts wanted to play hockey instead of fight, which is the opposite of the usual situation. Milwaukee is fighting for points to make the playoffs and was losing 1-0 at the time of the brawl. They were interested in playing hockey. I have no idea of what Flick was trying to do out there.

The MJS story says that Flick was getting stitches. I hope he got his big fat mouth stitched closed!

Old
04-03-2012, 08:58 AM
cjerina

Quote:
No on the youtube video they mentioned the Rockford GM being on the bench.
From what I heard, Bernard wasn't on the bench, he was up by media row arguing with Ads fans.

cjerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Tommy Hawk

Quote:
Andy Thiessen was the ref who grabbed Flick. Good for him! He probably kept Flick from being torn apart by three or four Admirals in the corner. I saw Smith wailing on him before Hutton jumped Smith from behind. Dupont was fighting with Flick to get him off of Smith. Stortini was trying to get at Flick, no surprise after their two previous run-ins in the game. Flick had yapped at Storts at least twice. Strangely, Storts wanted to play hockey instead of fight, which is the opposite of the usual situation. Milwaukee is fighting for points to make the playoffs and was losing 1-0 at the time of the brawl. They were interested in playing hockey. I have no idea of what Flick was trying to do out there.

The MJS story says that Flick was getting stitches. I hope he got his big fat mouth stitched closed!

You are such a homer!!! I bet you hate Yonkman now since he plays for SA......

Playoffs heating up. So many teams vying for a spot things are going to be chippy here on out....

Go Ice Hogs!!! Go Wolves!!

Isn't this the first year Milwaukee hasn't won 40 games in like 10 years?

Tommy Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2012, 06:29 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Hawk View Post
You are such a homer!!! I bet you hate Yonkman now since he plays for SA...... No, Nolan is still a class guy.

Playoffs heating up. So many teams vying for a spot things are going to be chippy here on out....

Isn't this the first year Milwaukee hasn't won 40 games in like 10 years?
Yes.

From theahl.com:
Rockford center Rob Flick has been suspended three (3) games, Rockford defenseman Shawn Lalonde has been suspended three (3) games, Milwaukee center Michael Latta has been suspended three (3) games and Milwaukee goaltender Jeremy Smith has been suspended one (1) game for their actions. In addition, Rockford head coach Ted Dent, Milwaukee head coach Ian Herbers and both teams have all been fined an undisclosed amount.

Lalonde and Latta left the penalty box to fight. Smith had no choice in fighting initially thanks to that ******* Rob Flick. But I can live with one game for what Smith did. Three games for Flick is total BS! Flick started the whole brawl by attacking a goalie during a time out. He was fighting with other players, i.e. multiple fights. You can see him near the end of the video laughing about the whole thing. He obviously doesn't think what he did was serious or wrong. That is why the AHL has made a major mistake in not coming down hard on him. He should have been suspended for the rest of the regular season as a minimum. Ted Dent nearly triggered a second brawl, as a coach that is a big no no. He should have been suspended at least one game for his actions.

Last edited by Majik1987: 04-03-2012 at 10:59 PM. Reason: link added
Old
04-03-2012, 06:39 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjerina View Post
From what I heard, Bernard wasn't on the bench, he was up by media row arguing with Ads fans.
That is the first I heard of that. Do you have any photos of the brawl?

Old
04-03-2012, 06:41 PM
adsfan

I would like to point out for Tommy Hawk that only two Rockford players acted like total ****** during the game. The rest of the team was fine. Since they started both fights, I am not kindly inclined toward those two. I don't think that makes me a homer, it makes me somebody who deals in reality!

Maybe you need to watch this again Tommy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SVSc9iJ ... r_embedded

Last edited by Majik1987: 04-03-2012 at 11:00 PM. Reason: filter circumvention