HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

#70: Rangers vs. Pens

Closed Thread

Old
03-15-2012, 10:01 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
What is this I am reading about Arron Asham singing "New York, New York" in the Penguins locker room after the game? Where is that level of desire on our team?
I wouldn't put too much stock in that. Asham was trolling us since the weekend.

Old
03-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Lol, MDZ average?
No better than average; take it to the bank!

Old
03-15-2012, 10:04 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
No Cally, no Lundqvist. No MDZ. I dont know what some fans expected tonight. Take the two most important players and their best PMD off the Penguins and they wouldn't beat us either
The Penguins have been injured all year. Also I'm not sure Callahan is the 2nd most important player on this team. I think that's Gabby.

Old
03-15-2012, 10:04 PM
Kreider
My name is Nils

vCash: 50
This game made me gain inconceivable amounts of pleasure regarding the 28 other fan bases.
For the first time in my life, I was considering beating up a "fan"

Old
03-15-2012, 10:07 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
No better than average; take it to the bank!
MDZ is above average both defensively and offensively. Not super at either, although he's pretty damn good at both. Still probably our 4th best defenseman when everyone's playing at their best. MDZ has played really well defensively most of the year. Everyone has made their mistakes. Look at Girardi lately. McDonagh too. I don't think his mistakes were enough to call him average though.

I don't however think that us missing MDZ makes a difference right now that that's huge. He's not good enough defensively to cover up for the rest of the ****** play of the D.

Old
03-15-2012, 10:14 PM
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 263
lol when Neal scored.

Sam: "and Crosby with an assist!!! on a goal by Neal." hahaha

Old
03-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
MDZ is above average both defensively and offensively. Not super at either, although he's pretty damn good at both. Still probably our 4th best defenseman when everyone's playing at their best. MDZ has played really well defensively most of the year. Everyone has made their mistakes. Look at Girardi lately. McDonagh too. I don't think his mistakes were enough to call him average though.

I don't however think that us missing MDZ makes a difference right now that that's huge. He's not good enough defensively to cover up for the rest of the ****** play of the D.
He's definitely above average offensively, not defensively though. Look, I like MDZ and given a choice of which defenseman to move, I would pick Staal in a heartbeat because he would garner more bank for our buck.

I just feel at this point that we can't get it done with such a dearth of offense on this team.

The defense looks gassed and I personally would get Erikson up here asap!

Old
03-15-2012, 10:31 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I must say it's certainly enjoyable to read our PGT's after losses. I mean, If I was a betting man, I'd say 99 pct of our online fanbase is hopped up on 6 Monsters or Red Bulls and a half a gallon of gin by the time they get to typing some of this nonsense.

This team is fine. Thank your lucky stars they are going to clinch a playoff spot two weeks before the season ends, will have a rested goalie, and should be 99 pct healthy.

This team has nothing to prove. They've been gutting out "character" wins all season. Yeah, it sucks when super scrubs like Bickel and Boyle are deciding games, and Dubinsky and Staal are underachieving, and Macdonagh falls back down to earth.

Heaven forbid the 21, 22, 23 and 24 year old "veterans" of the team slip and stumble every so often.

I mean, are people criticizing Stepan? This kid has been anything but outstanding in a sophomore season no less. He gets removed off the top line (while he was producing) and now he sucks?

The only beefs I have is the obsession with Boyle and the inability of Staal and Dubinsky to wake up. Sather gambled on Staal being Staal come deadline time, and he isn't close. A veteran d-man might have helped. Sather did it every year at the deadline except this one. For that, I'm confused.

It took the Pens a 10-game friggin winning streak to make a game out of this. 10 GAME WINNING STREAK. And theyre still 3 games away from taking over the division.

Please. Come off the ledge. It's ok to be a little upset, but two days ago we were all in love with everybody.

Devs win Saturday and rangers beat the Avs, and faith is restored. You'll see.

Old
03-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
I must say it's certainly enjoyable to read our PGT's after losses. I mean, If I was a betting man, I'd say 99 pct of our online fanbase is hopped up on 6 Monsters or Red Bulls and a half a gallon of gin by the time they get to typing some of this nonsense.

This team is fine. Thank your lucky stars they are going to clinch a playoff spot two weeks before the season ends, will have a rested goalie, and should be 99 pct healthy.

This team has nothing to prove. They've been gutting out "character" wins all season. Yeah, it sucks when super scrubs like Bickel and Boyle are deciding games, and Dubinsky and Staal are underachieving, and Macdonagh falls back down to earth.

Heaven forbid the 21, 22, 23 and 24 year old "veterans" of the team slip and stumble every so often.

I mean, are people criticizing Stepan? This kid has been anything but outstanding in a sophomore season no less. He gets removed off the top line (while he was producing) and now he sucks?

The only beefs I have is the obsession with Boyle and the inability of Staal and Dubinsky to wake up. Sather gambled on Staal being Staal come deadline time, and he isn't close. A veteran d-man might have helped. Sather did it every year at the deadline except this one. For that, I'm confused.

It took the Pens a 10-game friggin winning streak to make a game out of this. 10 GAME WINNING STREAK. And theyre still 3 games away from taking over the division.

Please. Come off the ledge. It's ok to be a little upset, but two days ago we were all in love with everybody.

In my best Patrick Star voice, I love you.

03-15-2012, 10:36 PM
useref15

I just hope they come out strong Saturday. Hopefully MDZ will be ready.

Old
03-15-2012, 10:52 PM
js10

don't we need this guy called Wolski now, Mr Sather?

Old
03-15-2012, 10:53 PM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Move on and get the win on Saturday.

Also, why is our Second First Line (Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik) called the Holy Trinity?

Old
03-15-2012, 11:01 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by js10 View Post
don't we need this guy called Wolski now, Mr Sather?
Curses! Why did we trade away that offensive dynamo!

RANGERS =
Old
03-15-2012, 11:08 PM
DoTheBlue
No chokemon allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post

Perfect!

What happened tonight was the Rangers, in the middle of a hellish schedule, missing three key players, one who is the front running Vezina candidate, hung around for 2 periods against a talent laden team with a 9 game winning streak, which had an extra day off and a full squad.

May seem like excuses but those are the facts. Not even mad. Not yet.

It was a big game and I wanted this one bad but at the end of the night this team, despite it's flaws, is still in first and still controls their destiny with 12 games to go. I never would of thought that would be possible back in September.

Get the next game.

03-15-2012, 11:10 PM
troyerlaw
Life is party again

I didn't see this game, but heard there was a questionable hit by Malkin. Who against? And was it bad enough to draw league's attention? Thanks.

Old
03-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Graves94

Secondary scoring has definetily been a problem all year, and it seems like except for a few weeks period in Dec/Jan, we've never had somewhat balances scoring. If this keeps up (hopefully not when Cally comes back), we may need to "trap" speedy team like the Pens/Senators in the playoffs to be successfull.
If we can't get scoring from other lines, might as well not allow other teams to score, and take our chances with Hank. I don't like trapping, but its evident we have lots of trouble against fast teams.

Old
03-15-2012, 11:13 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
12 games left for us here, and we hold the tiebreaker over the Penguins. Assume they win their game in hand. That means we just have to do 1 game worse than them the rest of the way to maintain the lead.

03-15-2012, 11:15 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Curses! Why did we trade away that offensive dynamo!
Yeah, Wolski would be the difference. Sure. Good riddance.

Sell me some swampland.

Old
03-15-2012, 11:15 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

pretty much what i feared would happen, has....the Rangers have become a 1 line team.

Old
03-15-2012, 11:16 PM
LeetchisGod
We miss the net

I am so tired of the Penguins and their bandwagon fans. They couldn't give tickets away to see that team before Crosby showed up. The arrogance that they are displaying on the main board is nauseating.

Old
03-15-2012, 11:18 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
I am so tired of the Penguins and their bandwagon fans. They couldn't give tickets away to see that team before Crosby showed up. The arrogance that they are displaying on the main board is nauseating.
Why are you reading that? They were going to move that ****ing franchise before Bettman fixed the lottery for them to get Crosby. **** the Penguins.

Old
03-15-2012, 11:20 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

holy crap, i just found out my cousin/nephew got to ride on the zamboni in between periods. lucky twerp! too bad the Rangers had to spoil such a magical night for him with that ugly loss.

Old
03-15-2012, 11:22 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

couple of things...no team in the NHL has the center depth the Pens have...thats a tough team to play against. but, considering the rangers were playing without MDZ, Sauer, Callahan, & Lundqvist, AND the Pens got Letang & Crosby back tonight...it's not all that surprising we lost. But, we put 1 puck into our own net, the Pens scored a goal seconds after the Rangers got a mind boggling non call on Gabbys breakaway trip...pretty different game if those 2 things go the other way. Rangers could have been up 2-1 going into a 4 on 4 situation or maybe a 4 on 3 pp, i cant remember exactly, instead they go down 4-2.

i think the score was a little deceiving.

Old
03-15-2012, 11:39 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

I think it's important to remember the Rangers are the 4th youngest team in the NHL. They have a rookie playing on the first line LW, they have a kid with half a season of experience coming into this year playing on the top defensive pair, and they have another handful of player swith 3 years of NHL experience or less.

And, they';;, in all likelyhood become even younger next year when likely 2 or 3 of Kreider, Erixon, or JT Miller make the team and guys like Fedotenko, and others go the way of the dinosaur.

This team hasn't learned to win in the playoffs yet. They haven't learned how to sustain winning even for a full season. This is basically year 1 of the Rangers, from rebuilding, to becoming winners. Most of us picked them in the 4-6 range coming into this season, they will all likelyhood finish with one of the 2 best records in the East, and if they played in any other division in the east would have run away with the conference.

Pittsburgh, btw, is actually the 6th oldest team in the NHL if anyone cares. Theyve won a cup, they have that experience.

Next year, if the Rangers can get Nash or Parise, will really be the year where I think they go from being a good team, to being a Great team.

Go get me this team heading into next year:

Nash - Richards - Gaborik
Hagelin - JT Miller - Chris Kreider
Anisimov - Stepan - Mitchell
Rupp - Boyle - Prust

MCD - Girardi
Staal - Erixon
MDZ - Sauer

Old
03-15-2012, 11:57 PM
lbrowne

I know this sounds retarded but, Torts knows he got a young team. He knows what the Pens have been doing (9 gm win streak) and coming into our barn.

Cally is not ready, don't force him. Henrik probably was able to play but maybe not 100%. DZ obviously still hurt.

Let the rolling team come in, with 2 of it's most crucial players rejoining the lineup and the entire NHL focus is on this game and let everything stay where it lands. Don't let Lundqvist become a victim of this parade, because quite honestly I say we lost this game even with Henrik in net. Let Cally rest.

We're playoff bound. Finish this home stand strong.

I think there's far more strategy going on with the coaches here than we're giving them credit for. We got a really young team, we're in a spot that not ONE person would have said we'd be in at the beginning of the season. Not top half of the conference, let alone first in the east.

Now the Crosby and Letang coming out party is done. Leave it.

I'm staying positive, bring on those punks Saturday.

Closed Thread