HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Gleason vs Soucy

Closed Thread

Old
11-16-2004, 06:25 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
You would think that Scandinavians would be tough, being former Vikings and all....
Yeah but most Vikings were from Norway and Denmark but just look at all those Swedes and Finns in the NHL, pure softness. Unfortunately there aren't any hockeyplayers from lets say Great-Britain, The Netherlands or Italy.

However, people also should keep in mind that only the skilled Euro's are coming to NA. The tough ones are simply not good enough and stay in Europe and they don't encourage fighting in most European leagues either, so many aren't used to fight.

Old
11-16-2004, 11:43 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov 6'3
Yeah but most Vikings were from Norway and Denmark but just look at all those Swedes and Finns in the NHL, pure softness. Unfortunately there aren't any hockeyplayers from lets say Great-Britain, The Netherlands or Italy.

However, people also should keep in mind that only the skilled Euro's are coming to NA. The tough ones are simply not good enough and stay in Europe and they don't encourage fighting in most European leagues either, so many aren't used to fight.
Which is why I want Karlsson to come over...VIKING POWER!!!

Old
11-17-2004, 03:44 PM
Kingz4life

Send a message via AIM to Kingz4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiesAreLikeWins 2 Us
Eh.. If I were to give grades on their offense, I'd give Grebs probably a B+, and maybe Gleason a C or C+. So yeah Grebs has a distinct advantage on offense, but Gleason can still put up numbers, if the Kings wanted to use him in an offensive role. In fact, when Gleason got traded from Ottawa to us I read a lot about Tim, and he said that he is categorized as an offensive defenseman, and would like to work more on his defensive game.

And boy he worked on it, and has become as solid as they come. Nobody wants to go into the front of the net with this guy. He always has good inside position, and hammers away on opposing players. The puck goes into the corner, and the other player gets PUNISHED by Timmy. Grebs on the other hand...

And if I were to compare players with Grebs, I wouldn't consider him a Lubo. He plays more like a mini-Lidstrom (whom I think is overrated), or even a Steve Duschene.
Fair enough and I can't really judge who is better because we only saw Grebs in 2 NHL games so its not a fair comparison. What stood out the most from his play was his calmness and the fact that he was buzzing down low in the offensive zone a lot.

Closed Thread