Old
03-16-2012, 06:15 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

vCash: 50
Season tickets going up 3%

Just got an email from TNSE:

Dear Allan;

On behalf of True North Sports & Entertainment Limited and the Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club we would like to acknowledge all of our loyal and passionate season ticket holders for their incredible support of the Jets throughout our inaugural season. Your commitment to the Winnipeg Jets during the successful Drive to 13,000 will provide for a long term and sustainable future for the Jets and has resulted in an exceptional first NHL hockey season in Winnipeg. Thank you very much!

2011-12 has been an eventful year. From October's first puck drop at the MTS Centre through to the current playoff drive, the Winnipeg Jets have truly been fuelled by the passion of our fans. This passion is now legendary throughout the NHL and as we have all now experienced a Jets home game, it is clear why the MTS Centre provides for one of the best and loudest fan experiences in the NHL.

The summer of 2011 was one of memorable transition for True North from the May 31st announcement of the purchase of the team, to the June draft and the team naming, to the August unveiling of the Winnipeg Jets brand and logo and the hiring of Kevin Cheveldayoff as GM and Claude Noel as Head Coach. It was an incredible time to have been in Winnipeg.

Once the puck officially dropped on October 9th for the historic home opener against the Montreal Canadiens, it wasn't long before your Jets picked up their first ever win on October 17th, 2011 with a 2-1 thriller over the Pittsburgh Penguins. Many great moments followed - including power forward Evander Kane shattering his previous personal best of 19 goals in 2011-12, Blake Wheeler's emergence as a point a game player since December, Dustin Byfuglien's top 5 billing in defenceman scoring or Ondrej Pavelec regularly dazzling our fans on his way to becoming one of the NHL's leading young goaltenders. Our inaugural season has been filled with long lasting memories; the future of hockey tradition in Winnipeg is now guaranteed for years to come.

As we look forward to our second season of NHL Hockey and reflect on the frenetic pace of our first year, our commitment to you will be to continue to make your game experience and visit to the MTS Centre for a Winnipeg Jets game an exciting and enjoyable endeavour.

Included with this letter and pursuant to the terms of your Ticket Purchase Agreement, please find your 2012-13 invoice and related ticket payment information. This material includes a full set of easy instructions including how to log-in to your account and confirm your choice of payment options for the 2012-13 season. As a reminder, the 2012-13 season ticket payment confirmation deadline is Tuesday, April 10th, 2012.

During the Drive to 13,000, and the subsequent seat selection process, we made a promise to you that ticket prices would not be raised by more than 3% for next season. We are committed to this promise and for next season you will find our ticket prices have been raised by only 3%. Your Ticket Purchase Agreement also provides that all season ticket holders will have a one time option after the first year to transfer a full or partial interest in your season tickets to a third party, for a $250 per seat transfer fee. Please confirm your intention to select this option prior to Tuesday, April 10th, 2012.

Thank you for your enthusiasm, passion and loyal support for the return of NHL hockey to Winnipeg; we share your pride in our Winnipeg Jets Hockey team and look forward to an exciting second season of Jets Hockey at the MTS Centre.

Sincerely,

TRUE NORTH SPORTS & ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED

James C.R. Ludlow
President & CEO Norva Riddell
Senior VP, Sales & Marketing

Click here to view this letter as a PDF
PAYMENT PROCESS:

All Winnipeg Jets season ticket payments will take place online. By accessing your invoice online you can confirm your payment options for your tickets at any time, quickly and conveniently. You will receive instant confirmation via email.

All season ticket holders are required to confirm their payment option for their season tickets in advance of the Tuesday, April 10, 2012 deadline. Season ticket holders must log in to their account (s) and complete the step-by-step process as outlined below.

*Please Note: If you are interested in transferring full or partial interest of your seats as part of your current Ticket Purchase Agreement, you must log in and confirm your seats as per the step-by-step process outlined below. When you get to the payment options, please select "Deferred Due to Transfer". All those accounts will be contacted by email commencing on Monday, April 2nd, 2012 with the proper documentation and steps required to complete the Transfer Application process.

STEP-BY-STEP PROCESS:

Log in to your "My Jets Account" using your account ID and password. Your account ID is outlined in the above letter. If you do not know your password, click FORGOT PASSWORD. Your password will be emailed to the primary email address on your season ticket account. Still having trouble? Contact your Winnipeg Jets Ticket Sales & Service Representative (contact info below).
View your 2012-13 Winnipeg Jets Regular Season Invoice and click "Confirm Now".
Review your seat location(s) and invoice amount to ensure they are accurate and then click "continue".
Complete the brief questionnaire.
Select one of three payment options and click "continue". OR
Select "Deferred Due to Transfer" and click "continue".
Enter your payment method and billing information and click "Confirm Now". Your card will not be charged at this time. All charges will be processed on or about April 15th, 2012. Amount to be processed depends on payment plan selected.
You will receive an email confirmation of the payment option selected.

Click the "My Jets Account" link below to access your 2012-13 Winnipeg Jets Regular Season Invoice:

MY JETS ACCOUNT: https://oss.ticketmaster.com/html/home.htmI?team=wjets

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your Ticket Sales & Service Representative, (contact information deleted)

PAYMENT OPTIONS:

Pay in Full – Pay 100% of your account balance on or about April 15, 2012.
12 Month Convenient Payment Plan (a 2% administrative fee will be applied to all monthly Payment Plans).
Credit Card – Divide payments into 12 equal installments and spread your payment throughout the year. Your first payment will be charged to your account on or about April 15, 2012. Successive payments will be made on our about the 15th of each month until March 15th, 2013.
Direct Withdrawal from a Financial Institution - Divide payments into 12 equal installments and spread your payment throughout the year. Your first payment will be withdrawn from your Financial Institution on or about April 15, 2012. Successive payments will be withdrawn from your Financial Institution on our about the 15th of each month until March 15th, 2013. A valid credit card is required as a back-up to your payment plan. A void cheque is also required in order to process the monthly payments. Please submit to the Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club prior to the Tuesday, April 10th deadline. If you paid for your tickets with this payment method for the 2011–2012 season; and will be using the same bank account, there is no need to send us a new "void" cheque.
Pay by Installment - Pay 20% of your account balance on April 15, 2012. Your credit card will be automatically charged 40% on June 1, 2012. The remaining 40% will be charged to your credit card on August 15, 2012. There are no additional surcharges for the "Pay by installment" option.
Deferred Due to Transfer – Pay the $250 per seat transfer fee if you will be transferring Full or Partial interest in your seats. Transfer of seats is defined as any change to the Primary Name (owner) of the account holder. Accounts choosing to transfer Full or Partial interest in their season tickets will be sent a Transfer Application package via email commencing on Monday, April 2nd, 2012.

2012-13 SEASON TICKET PRICING GRID

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 06:21 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 777
I can live with a 3% raise in prices. It's like I'm going to give up my tickets over it. Nevermind I also have to pay the $250 as our tickets our under my brother's name. Still worth every cent.

KingBogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 06:21 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 375
Not shocked it is going up
They will raise it the max every year

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 06:32 PM
allan5oh
Adv stats blowhard

vCash: 50
I'm not upset or anything, but just wanted to pass this along to everyone. I find it interesting they sent this email out less than a couple hours before a game on friday night.

What also strikes me as odd, isn't this a wee bit early to be asking for money? Maybe they want to make a free agency splash.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 06:54 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
I'm not upset or anything, but just wanted to pass this along to everyone. I find it interesting they sent this email out less than a couple hours before a game on friday night.

What also strikes me as odd, isn't this a wee bit early to be asking for money? Maybe they want to make a free agency splash.
Sure, that's why they're raising ticket prices.

BigTuna49 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 07:00 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 805
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
It's easier to ask for money for something while people are still enjoying it. This also allows them more time in case people back out of their commitment and they have to grab people from the wait list.

Lastly, in every business, you want the cash that you're owed as soon as possible. For most STH there's little difference in paying a few months early but think of the time-value (interest either earned on this money or saved by not taking out that much in loans, or even just the flexibility it allows) for TN to have millions of dollars a few months early. Of course they'd ask for it at the earliest reasonable date.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 08:19 PM
JetsCameHome

vCash: 500
My only question is in the Ticket Agreement stated that all of this payments would start on March 15th, yesterday.
I don't care, I will be paying anyway, but why would this be in the TPA and then ignored?

Last edited by JetsCameHome: 03-17-2012 at 11:14 AM.
JetsCameHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 09:00 PM
pdrec

vCash: 500
Dunno, I thought it worked on the fiscal, as in we finish payments for this season in March and begin next season in April?

pdrec is offline   Reply With Quote