HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

Capitals @ Jets | Fri Mar 16 | 730PM CT | Game 71 | "World of Wheelers Edition" ‎

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2012, 10:57 AM
Savardian Spinarama
Grippin' 'n Grinnin'

vCash: 500
Not that he's ugly but he is big. And if the Jets even win ugly tonight I will be happy.

Last edited by Hank Chinaski: 03-16-2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: fixed yt link
Old
03-16-2012, 11:19 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

vCash: 50
Ok so Rad guy is Winnipeg's version of LA Lakers court side Jack Nicholson!

I like our chances and am calling a clean win. Washington is about as bad as us on the road and we are the 8th best team in the NHL at home. Caps have been living right lately with the late game comebacks but I think itís our night.

Itís at times like this I have to pinch myself and remind myself how much can change in one year!!!! Last year at this time I was just hoping and praying we would get a team again. Today it hard to concentrate on anything accept this game because not only is it like a playoff game it really is almost like a game 7 for the Jets. Butterflies in the stomach big time but I am really looking forward to the night. Really hard to imagine back then how much enjoyment would come for having an NHL team again. Funny when we got our team back my expectations for how it would impact me and the city were set so unrealistically and unattainably high and yet the entire experience has exceeded those expectations.

Common Jets Jetís get the clean win boys and keep the poor manís playoffs rolling!!

Old
03-16-2012, 11:26 AM
Huffer

Regarding other teams GDT's, I admit that I like to read them from time to time. They can give you an insight on certain players (injuries, how they have been playing this year, etc). I rarely, if ever post in them as I don't think that is the right place.

[mod]

Last edited by Hammer Slammer: 03-16-2012 at 11:35 AM. Reason: We're aware.
Old
03-16-2012, 11:28 AM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

@PentonKirk
Quote:
Zachary Bogosian will not play tonight against the Capitals. #NHLJets
Sucks

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
03-16-2012, 11:32 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

This will surprise u but good luck tonight. I know it's better for us if u lose, but I dream of us in3rd and u in 8th.

Why?

Because of u guys. Ur fans at the game are ridiculous. And ur fans that visit us live at our gdt's get it.

Good luck.

Old
03-16-2012, 11:33 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Regarding other teams GDT's, I admit that I like to read them from time to time. They can give you an insight on certain players (injuries, how they have been playing this year, etc). I rarely, if ever post in them as I don't think that is the right place.

[mod]
100% agree

I might drop by another teams GDT but if I do it is to pay a compliment, wish them luck, or clarify a question they might have about our team but "NEVER" to get in an argument

I look at their thread as the car ride home with the wife after the party.........that is their spot to say what they want to say.

Old
03-16-2012, 11:34 AM
SensibleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
It’s at times like this I have to pinch myself and remind myself how much can change in one year!!!! Last year at this time I was just hoping and praying we would get a team again. Today it hard to concentrate on anything accept this game because not only is it like a playoff game it really is almost like a game 7 for the Jets. Butterflies in the stomach big time but I am really looking forward to the night. Really hard to imagine back then how much enjoyment would come for having an NHL team again. Funny when we got our team back my expectations for how it would impact me and the city were set so unrealistically and unattainably high and yet the entire experience has exceeded those expectations.
Couldn't agree more. I've had an enormous amount of fun watching the games this year. So much is different now compared to the world 16 yrs ago - not least the ability to watch every single game of the season in wonderful high def on a nice 42" lcd TV (and of course forums like this to discuss minutia pre and post-game ). The team has played better than I had hoped they might - theres been so many games that were just super entertaining. This winter just flew by and not just becuase of the great weather. I hope the fun can continue into the playoffs, but even if it doesn't, this has been a great return to the NHL afaic...

Old
03-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Wooooooooo Woooooooooo Wooooooooo!!!! Wooh!!!

Great GDT! Win at all costs. I will be devastated if the Jets lose tonight.

I like others have a good feeling about the game. The Jets should still be well rested. Washington has a putrid week here coming up and if it's bookended with a couple of losses to the Jets, I could see us making the playoffs.

We will know so much more by next weekend.

Enjoy 21 degrees today boys!

03-16-2012, 11:45 AM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Wooooooooo Woooooooooo Wooooooooo!!!! Wooh!!!

Great GDT! Win at all costs. I will be devastated if the Jets lose tonight.

I like others have a good feeling about the game. The Jets should still be well rested. Washington has a putrid week here coming up and if it's bookended with a couple of losses to the Jets, I could see us making the playoffs.

We will know so much more by next weekend.

Enjoy 21 degrees today boys!
To the bolded part in your post:

Keep in mind Washington is the 5th worst road team in the NHL and pretty much the same as Winnipeg is on the road (1 less loss). Here is Washington's week....... Tonight in Winnipeg in a very hostile environment facing the 8th best home team in the NHL who are desperate. Then they go into Chicago Sunday who have the 3rd best home record in the NHL, then back to back into Detroit on Monday who have the 2nd best home record in the NHL, then they go into Philly Thursday who are 18-10-5 at home, and then they back to back the next night at home on Friday vs. the Jets.

now that is a week from he11

Old
03-16-2012, 11:48 AM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
To the bolded part in your post:

Keep in mind Washington is the 5th worst road team in the NHL and pretty much the same as Winnipeg is on the road (1 less loss). Here is Washington's week....... Tonight in Winnipeg in a very hostile environment facing the 8th best home team in the NHL who are desperate. Then they go into Chicago Sunday who have the 3rd best home record in the NHL, then back to back into Detroit on Monday who have the 2nd best home record in the NHL, then they go into Philly Thursday who are 18-10-5 at home, and then they back to back the next night at home on Friday vs. the Jets.

now that is a week from he11
I could seriously see them going 1-5.

If their win doesn't come against the Jets we could be feeling a lot different about our playoff hopes a week from tomorrow.

Of course all of that is moot if the Jets can't find a way to be more forceful and confident on the road.

Old
03-16-2012, 11:49 AM
peg

Must win.

500 vcash on the line. GO JETS GO!!!!

Old
03-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
In the spirit of the HF Washington GDT...

Old
03-16-2012, 12:12 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
I could seriously see them going 1-5.

If their win doesn't come against the Jets we could be feeling a lot different about our playoff hopes a week from tomorrow.

Of course all of that is moot if the Jets can't find a way to be more forceful and confident on the road.
For us it starts and finishes tonight but we will know allot by next Saturday. Certainly a challenging stretch for the Caps. We shall see what they are made of!

I also agree with you on our road record and here is how I see it going for us. Pens (Loss), Caps (win), Preds (loss), Canes (win), Lighting (win), Panthers (loss), Isles (win). out of the three losses I highlighted I am hoping for 1 point (4-2-1). I don't know if we can pull this off but itís what I am hoping for.

Old
03-16-2012, 12:15 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
In the spirit of the HF Washington GDT...

Old
03-16-2012, 12:21 PM
MadMen88

...Tonight's game is perhaps the most important game we will play all year!

It's one thing to lose a 2 point game, it's another to lose a 4 point game AT HOME, already 4 points BACK.... while the other team wins their 5th in a row!!!

More importantly than a win might be the idea of handing Washington a loss. We need them to stumble a little. Eric Fehr boys, here he comes...

Old
03-16-2012, 12:50 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Gonna stream this sucker and watch it on the back patio tonight w. BBQ and firepit operational... along with the beer cooler.

Old
03-16-2012, 01:27 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDz View Post
Gonna stream this sucker and watch it on the back patio tonight w. BBQ and firepit operational... along with the beer cooler.
Quite the winter this year, eh?

Old
03-16-2012, 01:29 PM
broinwhyteridge
bro license revoked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Quite the winter this year, eh?
Yeah... one to remember in more ways than one!

Old
03-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Westender
Flying W

Tonight's key to victory - shoot from everywhere. Some of them will find their way in the net.

Old
03-16-2012, 01:34 PM
IMckay

HUGE game! I'll be there looking to improve on my winning record at the phone booth. GO JETS

Old
03-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

I posted this on the mains. HUGE, HUGE, HUGE game tonight! As fun as the playoffs would be, it's important as fans not to overlook how fun these games are too. This is our playoffs!

Quote:
Boy, this week will pretty much determine whether the Jets have a chance to catch the Caps (not to discount the Sabres, but I'm making this about the Caps/Jets since they play each other twice in 8 days).

Washington's schedule:
@Winnipeg - tonight
@Chicago - Sunday
@Detroit - Monday
@Philadelphia - Thursday
Winnipeg - Friday

Winnipeg's schedule:
Washington - tonight
Carolina - Sunday
@Pittsburgh - Tuesday
@Washington - Friday

Really tough stretch for the Caps on the road. If they play well through this stretch, they will have pretty much clinched a playoff spot IMO. If they go something like 1-4, they could play themselves right out of it.

Huge, huge, huge week for the Jets too. If they can manage to beat the Caps twice, they are right in it. Going 3-1 with the loss coming to Pittsburgh would be a dream week for the Jets (I'm going to pretend that going 4-0 is not even possible).

Old
03-16-2012, 01:45 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

I hope we put Mason in net against Pittsburgh and write that game off.

We'll be on the road against the hottest team in the league who are currently on a 10-game winning streak. I hate to throw Mason under the bus, but it's more important to rest Pavs for the big game after that.

Old
03-16-2012, 02:04 PM
MadMen88

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
I hope we put Mason in net against Pittsburgh and write that game off.

We'll be on the road against the hottest team in the league who are currently on a 10-game winning streak. I hate to throw Mason under the bus, but it's more important to rest Pavs for the big game after that.
Seeing as there's a decent break between games, I think we ought to play Pavelec every game possible at this point. We have two back to back games remaining, and as long as Pavelec win's the first one, as long as he's playing well and the team is winning, I don't see Pavelec not getting the nod at this point...I predict Mason gets the nod on Friday, March 30th against Carolina...but it might be Pavelec or bust from here on in...GO JETS GO!!!

Old
03-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Awesome GDT, Wheeler is the man right now.

Massive game with massive consequences, that is all.

GO JETS GO

Old
03-16-2012, 02:18 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Been waiting for the most important prediction all day and it's finally here.

He's not going as far off the board as he usually does, but obviously does predict a Winnipeg loss.

Closed Thread