HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Bye Bye Alouettes !!!

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2004, 09:06 PM
CH Wizard

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
OT: Bye Bye Alouettes !!!

Damn I can't beleive We lost.They worked hard all season to lose before the final .Wow what a waste of energy :lol joke ! But We have to give credit to the Argos , IMO We lost because Calvillo has been injured .I am sure now We'd be the winning team if Calvillo wouldn't be injured.

We were unlucky !

Last edited by CH Wizard: 11-14-2004 at 09:16 PM.
Old
11-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

The backup had what, two fumbles and two INT's? IF A.C. didn't get injured, there could have been a different outcome, IMO.

Old
11-14-2004, 09:13 PM
x-bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
Damn I can't beleive We lost.They worked hard all season to lose before the final .Wow what a waste of energy :lol joke ! But We have to give credit to the Argos , IMO We lost because Calvillo has been injured .I am sure now We would be the winning team if Calvillo wouldn't be injured.

We were unlucky !
dammit dammit dammit

Old
11-14-2004, 09:14 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Too bad that they lost.. but on the other hand I'm glad I couldn't go

Old
11-14-2004, 09:15 PM
leafaholix*

Good season for you guys, congrats on the great season.

Old
11-14-2004, 09:16 PM
MontrealSF
Lars Eller.

We heard it all year long... If Calvillo gets injured, we're in deep trouble..

Oh God...

No hockey, No Grey Cup...

Old
11-14-2004, 09:18 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
Good season for you guys, congrats on the great season.

Thx , the argos played perfectly , they were intense all night.

Congratz to you and your football team.

Btw I hope that your team will lose in the final (just kidding).

Old
11-14-2004, 09:18 PM
Roxor

Send a message via MSN to Roxor
Great season by the als but failed in the playoffs unfortunatly

That brings 2 questions in my mind...

Are we the Atlanta Braves of the CFL?

And should we sign Jesse Palmer (he's the 3rd string QB with the New York Giants but the alouettes own his rights in the CFL)m knowing that he openly says that he would play in the CFL?

I heard he's a pretty good QB and could be one of the best in the CFL...

That brings the calvillo vs Palmer dilemma but anyway...

Anyways thx for the great season als and see ya next year

Old
11-14-2004, 09:20 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
Thx , the argos played perfectly , they were intense all night.

Congratz to you and your football team.

Btw I hope that your team will lose in the final (just kidding).
A very winable game even without AC. Ted White looks like a solid backup in this league, though he looks more like an offensive lineman.

Old
11-14-2004, 09:46 PM
oli500

The players went down like flys tonight.

Old
11-14-2004, 10:10 PM
Belarus Rocket

Send a message via MSN to Belarus Rocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500
The players went down like flys tonight.
Yeah so true,but In general the Argos were a much better team than the Als tonight and they deserve the win,congrats

Old
11-14-2004, 10:32 PM
Cosanostra

What a crappy weekend...Allouettes and Unniversité de Montreal lost. Plus there's no hokey and we lost our Expos...boy this Fall sucks!

Old
11-14-2004, 11:32 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bruins19
The backup had what, two fumbles and two INT's? IF A.C. didn't get injured, there could have been a different outcome, IMO.

THREE interception Made me want to kick his ass until I remembered he was 6'4" 245 lbs.

Old
11-15-2004, 05:57 AM
danboulie

Send a message via MSN to danboulie
I knew the Al's were going to lose since 9AM yesterday morning. The power went out, and I knew if it lasted until the game was on, that they'd lose. Well the power didn't come back until this morning.
Funny thing, the exact same thing happened back in 96 when canada played the US for the world cup. The power went out at game's start, and I missed it.
I guess someone doesn't want me to see bad stuff happen, lol.

Old
11-15-2004, 06:18 AM
Charge_Seven

I loved every moment of seeing Anthony Calvillo go down injured. It was poetic justice for him to be injured, despite Philions (once again) dirty play.

That being said, it was a shame to see all the other players hurt, (even Calvillo really, but like I said, the way Philion was taking shots at Damon Allen, it had to happen) and it was a shame that the Als lost due to injuries.

But hey, Toronto played great, it was an exciting game...those two 1 point plays really made the game for the Argo's...lol

Old
11-15-2004, 06:39 AM
rocketlives

Last year we beat the Argos in the final game on a touchdown by Anthony Calvillo that should have been ruled a fumble.

This year the Als didn't come out like a team that wanted to win badly. They were beaten by a 41-year-old quarterback who was playing on one leg.

Jonas Lewis seems to be a good running back but we didn't use him much. The Als and the Argos played basketball on cleets. That wasn't a very entertaining game last night. I was there in person last year but I'm glad i didn't go this year.

I hope the Als learnt a lesson and will have a decent backup QB next year. Ted White could possibly do the job but he needs playing time during the season. Why wasn't he used more often in the 4th quarter in all those games where the Als were leading by more than 3 TDs? It seems Calvillo's personal records were more important.

I hope next year the Als will be less arrogant and showoffy and more consistent game in and game out. The injuries didn't help but, last night, the intensity wasn't there for the 50,000+ fans in the stands who were very quiet throughout the whole game.

Last edited by rocketlives: 11-15-2004 at 07:59 AM.
Old
11-15-2004, 07:47 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStack
I loved every moment of seeing Anthony Calvillo go down injured. It was poetic justice for him to be injured, despite Philions (once again) dirty play.

That being said, it was a shame to see all the other players hurt, (even Calvillo really, but like I said, the way Philion was taking shots at Damon Allen, it had to happen) and it was a shame that the Als lost due to injuries.

But hey, Toronto played great, it was an exciting game...those two 1 point plays really made the game for the Argo's...lol
You're really classy.

Old
11-15-2004, 08:42 AM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
You're really classy.
I'm really honest actually. The entire game Philion was targeting Allen with DIRTY hits, and on one CLEAN hit Calvillo went down. Yeah, it made me happy. I loved it. What's wrong with that? I loved the irony of it. I didn't like seeing Calvillo hurt, I would have much rather he left the game on his own accord, but when Philion is out looking to break knees, it seems karma comes back to haunt the Alouettes.

Old
11-15-2004, 08:54 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStack
I'm really honest actually. The entire game Philion was targeting Allen with DIRTY hits, and on one CLEAN hit Calvillo went down. Yeah, it made me happy. I loved it. What's wrong with that? I loved the irony of it. I didn't like seeing Calvillo hurt, I would have much rather he left the game on his own accord, but when Philion is out looking to break knees, it seems karma comes back to haunt the Alouettes.
I take it back, you have no class at all.

Old
11-15-2004, 09:22 AM
leafaholix*

They need to do something about Philion, what a nut job.

Old
11-15-2004, 09:43 AM
Volcanologist
Used Register

That's ok, Philion got what he deserved, wouldn't you say?

Justice for the Argos after that blown call on the Calvillo fumble last year!

Old
11-15-2004, 09:55 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepNCheese
That's ok, Philion got what he deserved, wouldn't you say?

Justice for the Argos after that blown call on the Calvillo fumble last year!
Don't you think there's someplace else you could go to gloat?

Old
11-15-2004, 11:06 AM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
I take it back, you have no class at all
I'm not sure what in my comment is lacking in class, however if my comment lacks your definition of "class" then so be it. I stand by what I say, and I don't feel it lacked any class.

In regards to this however:

Quote:
Don't you think there's someplace else you could go to gloat?
Grow up, what he said was not gloating in the least. It's a fact that Calvillo fumbled that ball last year. It's a fact that Philion is the most hated player in the CFL due to his dirty plays. None of that is gloating, nor is it an attack directed towards Montreal in general, it's simple fact.

The Alouettes were a fantastic team this year, I was shocked the Argo's pulled it off. The defence came up huge, and saved the Argo's on numerous plays.

Old
11-15-2004, 11:15 AM
NWT Habs Fan

I guess I look at a team like BC who has the capability of throwing out three quarterbacks and likely can win with all three of them out on the field. I have no idea how good Ted White is or can be, as he just doesn't get to play enough. That means, that if AC goes down in a proverbial "big game", then young Mr White looks like a lost puppy (albeit a HUGE puppy) out there. Having one guy who can do it all for you and who you play 99% of the time is a double edged sword.

I just don't think the whole Montreal team wanted it as much as the Argos did. The Argos defence seemed to play a little harder than Montreal's oft-blitzing defence, and the Argos also won the special teams battle. The Als only managed one INT and no sacks all game, hardly the defence most folks are used to seeing from the Als. The kicking game wasn't even close, and most of these close playoff games seem to be won on the foot of the kickers rather than in the hands of the great 1000+ yard receivers.

I think the Als have some gaps, but these likely can be addressed by smart football men like Don Matthews and company. I just hope they remember the 0-1 playoff record as opposed to the 14-4 regular season record when they go shopping.

As for those that cheer on players getting injured, whether it is in football or hockey...

Old
11-15-2004, 12:28 PM
mcphee

I think the Als suffered by Mathews insistence on doing things his way. His backup QB got less playing time than he could have and Mathews exploded every time he was asked about this. Whenever their blitz was being read, he refused to adjust.Going into the game with an import in the punter's role when he had proven incapable was a waste. That being said, they were 14-4 though I thought they were a stronger team last year. Phillion takes cheap shots like a lot of guys in the CFL and it will go on until the officials are improved in some way.

Toronto's a tough matchup for Mtl. because they test a QB's patience. Calvillo surprised me by how often he was going deep, when it seemed he could 5-7 yard them to death. I think the fumble late in the 1st half turned the game. Going in ahead by a TD at the half would have changed the Argo game plan, but what the heck. I feel that this is BC's year and while the Argos can give them a good game, I don't see them winning.

As to the question of class,I'm glad you understand irony, but cheering injuries ? What do you do without hockey, go to the airport and jeer bad landings ? Don't worry Bill, as chairperson of the Larry Hillman fan club,I'm sure you're grown up.

Closed Thread