HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rejean says Desharnais over Pacioretty for Masterton

Old
03-20-2012, 06:49 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
And the fact that they are both at the END of their respective careers should tell you a little something on how the league perceives cases like DD. If DD's ever to win, or let alone be nominated for the Masterton because of his path (without the injury factor), it will be when he'll have accomplished a little more than just a great sophomore season.
Not sure why you talk about how the league perceives it when it's the teams that actually nominate their own candidate. Point is, if MaxPac isn't badly hurt as he was, DD is a candidate. That's my point. Compared to others who just don't even have as a candidate at all. Would he have won? Surely not. Yet, I still don't believe he's a bad candidate.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:01 AM
windycity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I don't know, I have a lot of respect for how careful Cooke has played this year while still being an effective grinder who can contribute offensively.

It might be about self-preservation but it's rare to see such a successful change in discipline.
Oh please, should he get an award for being less of than the complete ********* that he was/is?

windycity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:46 AM
llamateizer

too bad Desharnais played more than 25 games last season

he would've been on the race for calder!

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not sure why you talk about how the league perceives it when it's the teams that actually nominate their own candidate. Point is, if MaxPac isn't badly hurt as he was, DD is a candidate. That's my point. Compared to others who just don't even have as a candidate at all. Would he have won? Surely not. Yet, I still don't believe he's a bad candidate.
and there is the central issue. We all agree on this. But why write an entire article to "champion" DD when he would be at an obvious disadvantage to the nomination to MaxPac, other than to make a case for a Quebequois, simply because he is a Quebequois.

I think this whole thread is silly. But like you I completely agree DD would have been the choice had MaxPac not had the year he's had (injury, return, performance)

Last edited by Halifaxhab*: 03-20-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:10 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
and there is the central issue. We all agree on this. But why write an entire article to "champion" DD when he would be at an obvious disadvantage to the nomination to MaxPac, other than to make a case for a Quebequois, simply because he is a Quebequois.

I think this whole thread is silly. But like you I completely agree DD would have been the choice had MaxPac not had the year he's had (injury, return, performance)
I don't suppose you'd consider Markov.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:41 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I don't suppose you'd consider Markov.
Markov should be nominated next year imho (if he plays most of the season&his recovery is as good as it seems)

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote