HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

1 effing player in the top 10/50

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2004, 10:59 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

vCash: 500
1 effing player in the top 10/50

I'm truly disgusted by Hockey's Future...

somehow we're rated #6 overall organization wise, yet only have 1 God Dammed prospect in the top 10

Old
11-14-2004, 11:25 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army

somehow we're rated #6 overall organization wise, yet only have 1 God Dammed prospect in the top 10

And probably 10 in the Top 100, relax. Unless you want to be grouped in with other certain fans that are totally unreasonable in their assessment of such lists. I was on both committees and I see both as very accurate.

Old
11-14-2004, 11:36 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Read this review of the top Capital's prospects only 4 years ago.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=1931

Look at the Pens from around the same time.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=1833

Now the Rags from almost 5 years ago.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=1017

And now this gem on one of hockey's future stars

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=433

All those hotshots from Brendl to Kraft to Connelly all turned out to be busts.

It's all a crapshoot here. Dion Phaneuf may never pan out. Neither may Suter, Weber, or Shiskanov. Rankings, even by respectable sites such as this one, are completely irrelevant. That #6 rating means nothing. Suter being ranked in the top 10 means nothing. It's all a bunch of opinions from guys whose (no offense) opinions don't matter. There's only a handful of opinions that matter here (coaches, GM's, and their assistants). So don't worry about it.

Old
11-14-2004, 11:39 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bachul
And probably 10 in the Top 100, relax. Unless you want to be grouped in with other certain fans that are totally unreasonable in their assessment of such lists. I was on both committees and I see both as very accurate.
*thanks for the explanation in the chat about borderline players*

*retracts original anger*

Old
11-14-2004, 11:41 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bachul
Yeah, Weber, Klein, Shish, Upshall, Radulov are all right on the outside of the top 50. And to be honest, what is the legitimate difference between someone rated #48 and someone rated #58?

Though I disagree with some choices, I applaud you for your efforts HF.

Old
11-15-2004, 12:05 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

George has a point. While we could make a case for having several of our players in the top 50, many other teams could as well. When ranking prospects and in turn organizations, its a matter of perspective. All of us on the Preds board have an in-grown bias torwards our team. Its their, as much as we want to be impartial, we all have it. Simply put, its unavoidable/unescapable. We may not have much of a bias, but its their all the same. I think we should have had more players on the list. I think Higgins could have easily been swapped with 3 of our players, and the same could be said for several other players on the list as well. When it comes down to it, though, it is not our decisions, but others that decides the list....and they simply do not view things our way. This shouldn't be surprising. One, we are the Predators .....but more than that, its just from their perspective, such and such is better. No one is going to be able to really match our familiarity with our prospects, but the same goes for others on the list. So while I would have liked to have seen Shishkanov/Radulov take over Upshall's spot and Weber or Klein sneaking their way in.....or heck Upshall tenuously holding on to his top 50 rank.....I can understand while others do not see it our way. I disagree with it, but it is certainly not unreasonable. Its good to know, though, that it is almost undisputable that Radulov, Upshall, Klein, Weber, and Shishkanov are all in the top 100, if not closer to the 50 - 75 range. With the closeness that separates the 30 - 75 prospects so small to begin with, I really have no problem with that. It hurts ego wise, but the players themselves have just as much, or close, potential wise to those on the list...............which is good enough for me. Our day will come in the future when all of these "unknowns" start performing on the ice....not falling into obscurity after being highly touted on the prospects list.

11-15-2004, 01:13 AM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I enjoy flying under the radar (sometimes I do think we get a raw deal bc we're nashville). I just think about when we traded Skrastins to Colorado. Some of the Avs fans came here asking about him and the responses were something like, "like we've been telling you the last 3 years, he's this, this, this, etc." Then after the season started the Avs fans came back and said "Wow, those Nashville fans were right." Proving Nashville fans actually knew what they were talking about.

But, I figured, each team should have at least one player that could be considered top 50 (so there's 30) leaving only 20 spots for the rest. But even if we have 5-6 -or more- in the top 75 or top 100, that's pretty good for little 'ol nashville.

Besides we all know that our prospects will eventually outshine everyone else listed! no bias here.

Old
11-15-2004, 06:42 AM
Pred303

without even looking,let me take a wild guess that the canadian teams had the most prospects ranked in this "top" 50...(if not i apologize)

Old
11-15-2004, 10:57 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303
without even looking,let me take a wild guess that the canadian teams had the most prospects ranked in this "top" 50...(if not i apologize)
I think Washington and Pittsburgh would be 1-2 without looking.

Old
11-15-2004, 11:21 AM
Boilers*

Here's the list http://www.hockeysfuture.com/top50.php

The way I got it figured 11 drafts go to Canadian teams with 4 picks to Montreal. A solid list IMO. I believe Corey Perry is a Washington draft and he's not on the list.

Last edited by Boilers*: 11-15-2004 at 11:43 AM.
Old
11-15-2004, 11:42 AM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodsport
I think that's the old list. It doesn't include any 2004 draftees.

Old
11-15-2004, 11:45 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
it's definitely the old list. The new 1-10 has not been posted yet.

Old
11-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
yea...and Michalek is in the top 10...if he's still somehow in the top ten for this year's list, I will call shenanigans!

Old
11-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Boilers*

So sorry try this 26-50 http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7354

And this 25-11 http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

Sorry for the foul up.In this case 2 picks apiece are for Montreal,Edm,Tor,and Ottawa.

LA,Philly,and Anehiem has 3 apiece,with Washinton having 4 picks.

Buff,Florida,Minny,Chicago,and New York At 2 picks.

SJ,Stl,Pitts,Pheonix,Carolina,Detroit,Boston,Atlan ta,and New Jersey at one apiece.

Last edited by Boilers*: 11-15-2004 at 12:17 PM.
Old
11-15-2004, 11:16 PM
bruins4777*

The top 50 list sucks, plain and simple it doesn't make that much sense.

Old
11-16-2004, 12:33 AM
OttMorrow

Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow
Hey, you should be happy that you have 1 prospect in the top 50. The Stars have NONE.

Old
11-16-2004, 10:28 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Ryan Suter #10

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=7372

I'm still trying to figure it out...Suter was the #1 dman for Team USA and Team USA beat Team Canada (Phanuef) yet he's ranked behind him

Old
11-16-2004, 10:51 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:

I'm still trying to figure it out...Suter was the #1 dman for Team USA and Team USA beat Team Canada (Phanuef) yet he's ranked behind him
I wouldn't worry about it. What exactly is the difference between Suter and Phaneuf in terms of real value? Just like at draft time, it's all a matter of personal preference.

I like the top 10 better than I like a lot of the rest of the list.

Old
11-16-2004, 11:20 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
I wouldn't worry about it. What exactly is the difference between Suter and Phaneuf in terms of real value? Just like at draft time, it's all a matter of personal preference.

To be honest, I was unimpressed with the list as a whole. No offense to George, and I realize a lot of the rankings are just opinions/viewpoint/etc.....but I still didn't like it. As I have said in other threads, though, props to HF for at least putting one out.

As for Suter - time will tell.

Old
11-17-2004, 12:27 AM
mazmin
Go! Jets! Go!

Quote:
yea...and Michalek is in the top 10...if he's still somehow in the top ten for this year's list, I will call shenanigans!
I think he will be 9 or 10 this year

Old
11-17-2004, 07:33 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Upshall drops out of the top 50 after his injury riddled season, Michalek doesn't lose any ground?

Old
11-17-2004, 08:07 AM
Bileur

Quote:

What does that have to do with anything? Thats pretty bad reasoning. Toronto beat Ottawa in the playoffs, is Mccabe>Chara? That being said having one prospect in the top 10 and more 50-60 is great, compared to other teams who may have more than one but say are ranked #29 & 38 (sens). I would have thought Radulov would make the top 50 though .

Old
11-17-2004, 08:35 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
Upshall drops out of the top 50 after his injury riddled season, Michalek doesn't lose any ground?
Same for Grigorenko. This is one of my main beefs with the lists....at least we know that Upshall's skill is still there. Michalek was out the entire season, and Grigorenko is stilil stuggling mightly to put up any points over in Russia. Ah well . I honestly didn't expect them to keep Upshall in.

Old
11-17-2004, 09:48 AM
Upchuck19

Quote:

I wouldn't read to much into these rankings. IMO I would rank Weber ahead of Phaneuf and way higher than #21 Woywitka playing for the Edmonton Roadrunners.

It will be interesting to watch the World Juniors next month, Weber will be playing with Coburn, Phaneuf, Seabrook, all ranked higher than him.

I'm not biast, but I would rank Shea higher than all of them. Weber is physically stronger than all of them and will open alot of eyes this year in the World Juniors.

Old
11-17-2004, 09:55 AM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
To be honest, I was unimpressed with the list as a whole. No offense to George, and I realize a lot of the rankings are just opinions/viewpoint/etc.....but I still didn't like it. As I have said in other threads, though, props to HF for at least putting one out.

As for Suter - time will tell.
Don't worry, there is lots of hate to go around for HF....and this is the hardest part, and I don't make this public, but when you get a group that develops and votes on these lists, everyone's knowledge/preferences is different.

While I might think that Henrik Lundqvist is a Top 50 guy, someone else may not. While I might not think that Grigorenko should be on the list, others point to Robin Regher's recovery and paint him with the same brush.

Closed Thread