HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Vancouver at the draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-16-2012, 12:54 PM
  #1
Reddy11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Vancouver at the draft

This is a year that the canucks can be big players at the draft.

1. Will they hold onto their normal pick in the bottom 20's and not trade Schnieder, if so who will they pick there?

2. Will they trade Schneider with their pick and pick up a top prospect and higher pick. Who would they potentially trade with and pick higher?

3. Will they trade Schneider alone, grab another first rounder and keep their own first rounder. Where and what will both picks be?

4. WIll they trade out of the first round?

I think this will be an exciting year for the Canucks at the draft nonetheless.

Your Thoughts

Reddy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:01 PM
  #2
2 12 oz Drinks
Or Less
 
2 12 oz Drinks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: United States
Country: United States
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
I feel that they will just draft normally. I don't see a huge reason to trade up or out of the first round. I guess they could trade Schneider but I don't expect them to.

2 12 oz Drinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:13 PM
  #3
Kevin8se7en
Unregistered User
 
Kevin8se7en's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,504
vCash: 500
I doubt they do much in terms of drafting, but I think a deal involving Nash would benefit them tremendously.

Kevin8se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2012, 01:19 PM
  #4
Reddy11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
I doubt they do much in terms of drafting, but I think a deal involving Nash would benefit them tremendously.
wow really, I don't think so at all. Decent player but way too much money.

Reddy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:47 PM
  #5
Reddy11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
bump

Reddy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:48 PM
  #6
WarriorofTime
Registered User
 
WarriorofTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 11,289
vCash: 500
Trade Schneider for a mid-first round pick I think is a good option.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:55 PM
  #7
Tiranis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 21,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Trade Schneider for a mid-first round pick I think is a good option.
Canucks will trade Schneider for more than a mid-first. There was a strong rumour they were offered Avs 1st + 2nd and refused last year. I think even Elliotte Friedman mentioned it. (And seriously, when unproven goalies like Campbell get picked with 11th overall, of course the Canucks will expect more than that.)


Last edited by Tiranis: 03-21-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:09 PM
  #8
David Tanabe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 109
vCash: 500
I'm no expert but Damon Severson seems like a Canucks type of player and he's right around the range Vancouver seems to be picking, maybe a little bit of a reach. But who knows what will happen if they make a big trade.

David Tanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 12:47 PM
  #9
Reddy11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Severson seems like a solid D man, nothing flashy but I think he could be a late second round steal. Kelowna produces D talent. I would take him with our second.

Reddy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 12:54 PM
  #10
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
MVP
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,633
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
There was a strong rumour they were offered Avs 1st + 2nd and refused last year. I think even Elliotte Friedman mentioned it. (And seriously, when unproven goalies like Campbell get picked with 11th overall, of course the Canucks will expect more than that.)
The fact they are division rivals may have played a role in VAN turning it down.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 01:14 PM
  #11
Reddy11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
So just looking at the value of Schneider compared to a higher draft pick right now.

Does a 5-8 draft pick do it for a very good, yet unproven starter in Schneider. The thing about the draft picks even first overall neither are a sure thing. Does Schneider warrant Columbus' first overall pick or is that crazy. In Yakupov you could be getting the next best thing and in that sense I see that pick being worth a lot more than Schneider. I think 5-8 would be reasonable with a bottom six roster player or mid level prospect. Thoughts?

Reddy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 01:23 PM
  #12
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,708
vCash: 1500
Could see them targeting guys like Thrower and Severson.

__________________
Scout based in Western Canada - find me on Twitter:

@DubFromAbove
@Avs_Tweets
R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 01:46 PM
  #13
CanucksBen
Registered User
 
CanucksBen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 82
vCash: 500
I want Ryan Murray or Dumba, or Rielly, so I think we should trade up to a top 5, prospect/proven top 6, or a prospect/proven top 4 for Schneider, our first or one of our prospects

CanucksBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 01:55 PM
  #14
thefeebster
Registered User
 
thefeebster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 5,665
vCash: 500
In my ideal world, Schneider would not be traded.

If we are selecting in the late 20s, Thrower is probably my number one candidate. I love what he brings.

thefeebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 02:08 PM
  #15
Reddy11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Could see them targeting guys like Thrower and Severson.
Renegade, could you let us know what you see in Thrower and Severson, since you know a ton about the dub. To me they aren't guys I would take in the first round but that is from seeing them only in the prospects game. ALso if you could add your imput on If we did get a high pick and were able to choose from Murray, Dumba and Rielly who you would take out of the 3. Lastly what is your opinion on Scissons?

Reddy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 02:38 PM
  #16
R S
Renegade Stylings
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,708
vCash: 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy11 View Post
Renegade, could you let us know what you see in Thrower and Severson, since you know a ton about the dub. To me they aren't guys I would take in the first round but that is from seeing them only in the prospects game.
Thoughts on Thrower can be found here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=919976

Some thoughts on Severson can be found here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1009847

To me, they are both borderline first rounders. Both likely to be taken in the second, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy11 View Post
ALso if you could add your imput on If we did get a high pick and were able to choose from Murray, Dumba and Rielly who you would take out of the 3.
Murray is the leader and then Dumba and Rielly are a toss up for me. One day I like one more, the next day I like the other. If I had to choose I would say Dumba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy11 View Post
Lastly what is your opinion on Scissons?
Thoughts on him can be found here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1107593

And here: http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/20...n-sissons.html

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 02:59 PM
  #17
c_robio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 346
vCash: 500
Quote:
So just looking at the value of Schneider compared to a higher draft pick right now.

Does a 5-8 draft pick do it for a very good, yet unproven starter in Schneider. The thing about the draft picks even first overall neither are a sure thing. Does Schneider warrant Columbus' first overall pick or is that crazy. In Yakupov you could be getting the next best thing and in that sense I see that pick being worth a lot more than Schneider. I think 5-8 would be reasonable with a bottom six roster player or mid level prospect. Thoughts?
I think this is a plausible scenario. We know there are rumors that Columbus is going to move the pick. As mentioned by others Schneider's value probably falls in the 5-10 range. Does adding a late first get them up to 1st overall ? Probably not but what about Schneider + 1st + ?

The larger contracts in Vancouver are also expiring before Yakupov would finish his entry level

Yakupov's favorite team is also the Canucks

c_robio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 03:01 PM
  #18
Bateman*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy11 View Post
bump

Bump ... because this is the question all fans are asking and care about

Bateman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 03:03 PM
  #19
Bateman*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 398
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_robio View Post
I think this is a plausible scenario. We know there are rumors that Columbus is going to move the pick. As mentioned by others Schneider's value probably falls in the 5-10 range. Does adding a late first get them up to 1st overall ? Probably not but what about Schneider + 1st + ?

The larger contracts in Vancouver are also expiring before Yakupov would finish his entry level

Yakupov's favorite team is also the Canucks
I thought his hockey IQ is supposedly high

Bateman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 03:36 PM
  #20
Reddy11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyLondon View Post
Bump ... because this is the question all fans are asking and care about
Apparently you do if you respond to a post right after that comment

Reddy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2012, 09:39 PM
  #21
rypper
Registered User
 
rypper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,151
vCash: 50
I just get the feeling they won't be trading schneider. no real basis for this thought just a hunch.

rypper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2012, 04:34 PM
  #22
Reddy11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurley View Post
I just get the feeling they won't be trading schneider. no real basis for this thought just a hunch.
The draft is my favorite time of the year. I do have a strong feeling one of our goalies will get traded though and most likely at the draft.

Reddy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:33 PM
  #23
Reddy11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
bump

Reddy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 02:40 PM
  #24
Colton2233
Registered User
 
Colton2233's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddy11 View Post
The draft is my favorite time of the year. I do have a strong feeling one of our goalies will get traded though and most likely at the draft.
I think van going to wait to see if they can sign Justin Schultz before trading one of the goalies. SO in that case dont see a goalie trade till atleast July 1st.

Colton2233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2012, 03:39 PM
  #25
Yzlamic Preacher
Believes in Yzergod
 
Yzlamic Preacher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksBen View Post
I want Ryan Murray or Dumba, or Rielly, so I think we should trade up to a top 5, prospect/proven top 6, or a prospect/proven top 4 for Schneider, our first or one of our prospects
That is just outlandish. You want a top 5 pick, a player like Kesler/Eberle or Edler/Tanev, for a bottom 6 1st round, Schneider, or a prospect?

Honestly putting it in those terms, with names attached of players who fit those standards, Does this deal even sound anywhere right?

Yzlamic Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.