HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Brandon Wheat Kings G Corbin Boes

Old
05-15-2012, 12:32 PM
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

vCash: 3333
Brandon Wheat Kings G Corbin Boes

Boes has grown immensely over the last couple of seasons as a player and as a person and deserves to be drafted in 2012 after being passed over last year.

He's also the first guy to be named to Team Canada's June goaltending camp for the WJHC.

Quote:
Boes was overlooked at the 2011 NHL draft and that wasn't overly surprising in the end. He only appeared in 33 games last season, winning 10 times and posting an .888 save % and a 3.44 GAA. He wasn't exactly sparkling in the games that I saw him play. But, credit it to him, he didn't let that hold him back and came into the 2011-2012 WHL season on a mission.

It started out pretty good, too. He posted a 2.32 GAA, .923 sv% and 5 wins in 8 games through September and October. That start was good enough to have him listed on Central Scouting's preliminary ranking for WHL goalies for the 2012 NHL Draft, despite the fact that he was considered an overage player.
Quote:
Not many goalies eligible for the 2012 NHL draft experienced a late-season surge like Boes did this past year. He went 11-4-0-1 in the last two months of the year, posting a 2.48 GAA and .928 sv% in February and March.
http://whl-from-above.blogspot.ca/20...me-called.html

Renegade Stylings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 01:02 PM
Joe Hallenback

vCash: 500
He was great when he came back. He has improved by leaps and bounds since he was a rookie. Should be drafted this summer I assume and will be a good mentor for Papirny this upcoming year. Hopefully he will also make good trade bait at the deadline

Joe Hallenback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:47 PM
puckfan13

vCash: 500
Boes is a very good goaltender and he proved it down the stretch, next year will be his year to shine with Papirny likely coming in as a rookie.

On another note, I have no idea how Brandon Anderson got signed to an NHL contract, I think it was a well known problem around Brandon that he was a problem around the team this year.

puckfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2012, 04:54 PM
Renegade Stylings
Tame Impala

vCash: 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
Boes is a very good goaltender and he proved it down the stretch, next year will be his year to shine with Papirny likely coming in as a rookie.

On another note, I have no idea how Brandon Anderson got signed to an NHL contract, I think it was a well known problem around Brandon that he was a problem around the team this year.
I never heard anything like that, but I do know that he's not a very good goaltender.

Renegade Stylings is offline   Reply With Quote