HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

CHL Playoff Thread 2012

Old
05-14-2012, 12:37 PM
CH4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
Gibson's play really recovered during the last stint of the season and he was stellar in the playoffs. don't just looks at stats to judge. He struggle to adapt to his new goalie coach Jimmy Waite after Marc Denis left, plus LAK asked him to work on some aspects of his technique that created some holes that he finally found a way to fill.

Shawinigan will surprise most of you ROCers. They are a very good team, stellar defense, and can win against anyone. They were robbed by a stellar goatending and outwork in the playoffs. But don't expect them to be outworked again with Hartley behind the bench.

They also have 2 underestimated fowards line and a good shutdown line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Who gives a **** about Hartley?

Really. Bob Hartley?

So ****ing what?

They are likely to lose every game.

take your chill pill.

it seems like reading skills is becoming a lost art.

what don't you get in this:

They were robbed by a stellar goatending and outwork in the playoffs. But don't expect them to be outworked again

they are much more talented then you seems to think, they won't be tourists there. You may think they have no chances of winning a game and will get hammered I'll come here and laugh at you when you will be proven wrong. I can guarantee they will compete. They might not win a single game but all teams in the tourney might not win a single game.

CH4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:05 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
take your chill pill.

it seems like reading skills is becoming a lost art.

what don't you get in this:

They were robbed by a stellar goatending and outwork in the playoffs. But don't expect them to be outworked again

they are much more talented then you seems to think, they won't be tourists there. You may think they have no chances of winning a game and will get hammered I'll come here and laugh at you when you will be proven wrong. I can guarantee they will compete. They might not win a single game but all teams in the tourney might not win a single game.
Sure. They will work hard in when they lose to the Oil Kings on Friday.

Im laughing at you right now.

And I will continue to do so because honestly it is hard not to.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2012, 01:14 PM
CH4

Quote:
Sure. They will work hard in when they lose to the Oil Kings on Friday.

Im laughing at you right now.

And I will continue to do so because honestly it is hard not to.
I guess you have seen Shawinigan play a lot this year.

they have finished 5 points behind Saint John in a much stronger division.

I can't speak for London or Edmonton as I haven't seen them play a lot and I, unlike some others, don't speculate on what I have no clue about. But I can say that the cats have good chances of beating Saint John in a single game. If, as everyone agrees, Saint John is the best club there, I'd guess that the cats have good chances of beating anyone out there.

Old
05-14-2012, 01:22 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
I guess you have seen Shawinigan play a lot this year.

they have finished 5 points behind Saint John in a much stronger division.

I can't speak for London or Edmonton as I haven't seen them play a lot and I, unlike some others, don't speculate on what I have no clue about. But I can say that the cats have good chances of beating Saint John in a single game. If, as everyone agrees, Saint John is the best club there, I'd guess that the cats have good chances of beating anyone out there.
I get the Q for free on telus. So yes, Ive watched them play. I am biased being an Edmonton fan, but having seen the Oil Kings play this year, I dont think you can appreciate how difficult it will be for your team to beat them.

They lost two games in a row in the finals to Portland. The last time that happened was in mid-November.

Shawinigan is a quality team. Not junk by any means. But they are up against it and Im not sure how anyone can argue that they arent the least favoured team in the tourney. They are, and that's just the way it is. But the games still have to be played and they certainly have a chance to win a game or even most if not all of their games.

I just dont think they will.

Old
05-14-2012, 01:38 PM
CH4

Quote:
I get the Q for free on telus. So yes, Ive watched them play. I am biased being an Edmonton fan, but having seen the Oil Kings play this year, I dont think you can appreciate how difficult it will be for your team to beat them.
N.B.
they aren't my team; My team is the one that kicked them out of the playoffs and the only one that beat Saint John in the playoffs.

Old
05-14-2012, 02:18 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
N.B.
they aren't my team; My team is the one that kicked them out of the playoffs and the only one that beat Saint John in the playoffs.
You talk about them like they are "your" team.

I guess as long as they are from the Q, that is good enough for you.

Old
05-14-2012, 02:23 PM
CH4

Quote:
You talk about them like they are "your" team.

I guess as long as they are from the Q, that is good enough for you.
No I speak of the Saguenéens as we, our team and us. Shawinigan and Saint John are them, they etc..

I slightly cheer for them ad I really disliked the SJ team' attitude we played against and their *cheating* ala Coyle. But I don't really mind. I just think you grossly underestimate Shawinigan simply because they took a series too lightly and got stolen when they woke up.

Old
05-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Torts

last year missy came in the back door and worked extremely hard and managed to come 1 game away from being CHL champs.

dont underestimate shawi, still a good team and will determined

Torts is offline   Reply With Quote