HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs vs the DIVISION LEADING SENATORS | @ the NORTH EAST DIVISION LEADERS | CBC

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-16-2012, 10:03 PM
  #1
Kamal007
A$VP
 
Kamal007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,720
vCash: 500
Leafs vs the DIVISION LEADING SENATORS | @ the NORTH EAST DIVISION LEADERS | CBC

Oh lawd, what coaching can do for you

Do we even care about the Leafs anymore?

Kamal007 is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 10:06 PM
  #2
Kamal007
A$VP
 
Kamal007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,720
vCash: 500

Kamal007 is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 10:09 PM
  #3
Suntouchable13
Registered User
 
Suntouchable13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,451
vCash: 500
Can pull within 6 of 8th with 10 games left. I still want to believe.

Suntouchable13 is online now  
Old
03-16-2012, 10:11 PM
  #4
TrueBlue86
Registered User
 
TrueBlue86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 3,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
Can pull within 6 of 8th with 10 games left. I still want to believe.
yea we'd only have to jump 4 teams

TrueBlue86 is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 10:20 PM
  #5
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem
 
The Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,018
vCash: 50
Reimer always does good against the Sens

4-1-1 against them with 2 shut outs

The Reaper is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 10:24 PM
  #6
wytenyte
Registered User
 
wytenyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Carter Ashton is the lead singer of Awolnation.

wytenyte is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 10:26 PM
  #7
dennilfloss
Yes I love disco!
 
dennilfloss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,946
vCash: 500
Like Montreal, you guys always play us tough. How about you let us have a nice & easy win tomorrow? This will be our third hard-fought contest in four nights. We're tired and we need the points.

dennilfloss is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 10:29 PM
  #8
Gardiner
#Shredder
 
Gardiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 421
vCash: 500
Gonna be tough cheering for the tank in this one.

Gardiner is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 10:33 PM
  #9
Crispy Crust
Registered User
 
Crispy Crust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Land of 13 Cups
Posts: 15,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennilfloss View Post
Like Montreal, you guys always play us tough. How about you let us have a nice & easy win tomorrow? This will be our third hard-fought contest in four nights. We're tired and we need the points.
How about a 2-1 Ottawa win in regulation?

Crispy Crust is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 10:35 PM
  #10
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennilfloss View Post
Like Montreal, you guys always play us tough. How about you let us have a nice & easy win tomorrow? This will be our third hard-fought contest in four nights. We're tired and we need the points.
go ahead, beat us ... please, we'll give you all the points you want

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 10:39 PM
  #11
dennilfloss
Yes I love disco!
 
dennilfloss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy Crust View Post
How about a 2-1 Ottawa win in regulation?


We'll cheer for you against the Bruins on Monday!

dennilfloss is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 10:42 PM
  #12
Chandrashekhar Limit
Get a real GM
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Waterloo, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 283
how the **** is ottawa 1st in the division??!??

Chandrashekhar Limit is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 10:42 PM
  #13
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennilfloss View Post


We'll cheer for you against the Bruins on Monday!
no point.. we are going to get demolished lol

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 10:43 PM
  #14
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
how the **** is ottawa 1st in the division??!??
Bruins have been sucking A LOT lately

Leafs & Habs & Sabres all suck

Phion Keneuf is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 10:45 PM
  #15
Crispy Crust
Registered User
 
Crispy Crust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Land of 13 Cups
Posts: 15,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
how the **** is ottawa 1st in the division??!??
I kind of want to see a Bruins-Rangers 1st round matchup, so I kind of hope the Bruins **** there way to the finish line.

Crispy Crust is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 10:52 PM
  #16
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem
 
The Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,018
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennilfloss View Post
Like Montreal, you guys always play us tough. How about you let us have a nice & easy win tomorrow? This will be our third hard-fought contest in four nights. We're tired and we need the points.
no thanks, u have enough points, u don't need anymore

The Reaper is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 11:06 PM
  #17
Paris in Flames
Registered User
 
Paris in Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
how the **** is ottawa 1st in the division??!??
Karlsson, Erik.

Paris in Flames is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 11:07 PM
  #18
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem
 
The Reaper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,018
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrashekhar Limit View Post
how the **** is ottawa 1st in the division??!??
Something i like to call is Coaching

The Reaper is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 11:09 PM
  #19
Crispy Crust
Registered User
 
Crispy Crust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Land of 13 Cups
Posts: 15,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paris in Flames View Post
Karlsson, Erik.
They also have a legit 1st line C.

Crispy Crust is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 11:15 PM
  #20
leafsforlife
The Dream
 
leafsforlife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,318
vCash: 500
Play hard but lose!!

leafsforlife is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 11:22 PM
  #21
Aplayaz2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,322
vCash: 500
lol, as much as i like a draft pick

i love a win
but i wont be as sad as i would be in feb

Aplayaz2000 is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 11:25 PM
  #22
4thliner*
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,135
vCash: 500
So are the leafs gonna pick top 3 for a change or 9th or 10th yet again?

4thliner* is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 11:25 PM
  #23
Eamonn*
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennilfloss View Post


We'll cheer for you against the Bruins on Monday!
Cheer against us please, we don't want to get 9th again.

Eamonn* is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 11:40 PM
  #24
ponder
Registered User
 
ponder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ulimate Reims View Post
Something i like to call is Coaching
Having a top notch coach who spent almost a decade learning under Babcock helps, but it's a lot more than that. They've got arguably the best dman in the league in Erik Karlsson (one of the best, at least), one of the better centers in the league in Jason Spezza, some excellent 2-way wingers (Alfredsson, Michalek and Foligno), some decent supporting dmen (Gonchar, Kuba, Cowen and Philips), good grinder forwards like Chris Neil and Zack Smith, a pretty decent #2 C (Turris), decent goaltending (Anderson/Bishop/Lehner), and a team that's just generally fully of youth and energy among its role players. Last year a lot of their vets were injured and/or slumping, this year the vets are playing well and their youngsters are too, suddenly their roster is actually really strong.

I've always hated Ottawa, but the rivalry seems to be fading (for me at least), and you have to respect the way they rebuilt so quickly after losing the likes of Heatley, Chara and Havlat. They really modeled themselves after Detroit; MacLean was Babcock's assistant coach for nearly a decade, Murray is a former Red Wings GM, they hired Anders Forsberg at the advice of legendary Detroit scout Hakan Andersson (Forsberg now coaches in the SEL, but he was one of their top Swedish scouts when they drafted Karlsson, Lehner, Silfverberg, etc.), they're building a core of Swedish talent, they play a puck possession game, and they're building around a core of respected veterans like Alfredsson and Spezza. It's not original, but they emulated Detoit really well IMO, and now they're seeing the dividends. They're gonna be a pain in the ass in our division for a long time (assuming the NE division continues to exist), especially since they have one of the strongest prospect pools in the league (Zibanejad, Lehner, Silfverberg, Stone, Noesen, Puemel, Prince, etc.).

ponder is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 11:43 PM
  #25
Sergei Berezin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 6,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
Having a top notch coach who spent almost a decade learning under Babcock helps, but it's a lot more than that. They've got arguably the best dman in the league in Erik Karlsson (one of the best, at least), one of the better centers in the league in Jason Spezza, some excellent 2-way wingers (Alfredsson, Michalek and Foligno), some decent supporting dmen (Gonchar, Kuba, Cowen and Philips), good grinder forwards like Chris Neil and Zack Smith, a pretty decent #2 C (Turris), decent goaltending (Anderson/Bishop/Lehner), and a team that's just generally fully of youth and energy among its role players. Last year a lot of their vets were injured and/or slumping, this year the vets are playing well and their youngsters are too, suddenly their roster is actually really strong.

I've always hated Ottawa, but the rivalry seems to be fading (for me at least), and you have to respect the way they rebuilt so quickly after losing the likes of Heatley, Chara and Havlat. They really modeled themselves after Detroit; MacLean was Babcock's assistant coach for nearly a decade, Murray is a former Red Wings GM, they hired Anders Forsberg at the advice of legendary Detroit scout Hakan Andersson (Forsberg now coaches in the SEL, but he was one of their top Swedish scouts when they drafted Karlsson, Lehner, Silfverberg, etc.), they're building a core of Swedish talent, they play a puck possession game, and they're building around a core of respected veterans like Alfredsson and Spezza. It's not original, but they emulated Detoit beautifully IMO, and now they're seeing the dividends.

Disagree with the second paragraph. How is hiring some old Red Wing staff members making them emulate Detroit? I don't really much resemblance... you need to further clarify for me.

Sergei Berezin is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.