HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Taylor Hall - 03/27/12 UPDATE Out For Rest Of Season With Labrum Surgery

Old
03-21-2012, 09:24 AM
Hopkins to Hall

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeForAnOilChange View Post

Thats our franchise (and a young man that could end up with serious lifelong problems because of concussions) they are messing with, its not worth him possibly hitting 30 goals compared to what could happen if he comes back too soon and is hit hard again this soon after a concussion, it wont be good.
So if he's cleared to play you want to tell Hall that we're sitting him anyway because we're afraid he's made of glass. You want to see Hall looking to leave the Oilers then start treating him like that. If he's medically cleared then he needs to play.

Quote:
For the rest of his career, any time someone is coming at him, he should automatically throw his elbows up to protect himself, if a few players get some chiclets taken out because of it, oh well, they will learn they cant just run him whenever they want, if i was him, it would be elbows up all the time from here on out, who cares if he takes some penalties if it means protecting yourself when your getting run (especially with the amount of times he gets run at).
Fully agree. This is what the meaningless games are for. Next time any of the kids get run then there should be guys trying to send a message. Who cares if you get a major or a suspension at this point in the season if it makes a statement. Every team's pregame talk is about targeting Eberle and Hall with charging hits and elbows. Based on the officiating lately these practices are fully endorsed by the league so we need to stand up for ourselves.

Hopkins to Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:52 AM
CornKicker
Locked Out

vCash: 50
100% agree, hall either needs to slip out of hits like RNH or he needs to play elbows high. in all honesty if he would have taken the sarich hit flush he would have been fine, but its all instinct split second reactions, if he learns to toss his bows up he will be better off, messier did it for years

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Harley

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
Sarich got his today.
Was watching that game. I may be a dick but I smiled and thought "ain't karma a sweet thing".

Dude is a headhunter and watching him do a face plant on that play was like watching God come out of the heavens and give it to a guy that fully deserved it.

Karma 1 Sarich no score. End of one.

Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:19 AM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Was watching that game. I may be a dick but I smiled and thought "ain't karma a sweet thing".

Dude is a headhunter and watching him do a face plant on that play was like watching God come out of the heavens and give it to a guy that fully deserved it.

is there a clip of it?

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post

Sarich's brother in-law is Edmonton Oilers defenseman Nick Schultz

Matt Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:16 PM
senorchang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge for Nuge View Post

Mind Blown.

senorchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Jooked

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
is there a clip of it?
TSN's highlight of yesterday's game. It's near the end.

Jooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:24 PM
Njoy Oilers

Hall as talented as he is, really needs to keep his head up more. You see improvement since the start of the year, but vets see this and will exploit it all day long. They will be hero's to their coaches.

Njoy Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:28 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoy Oilers View Post
Hall as talented as he is, really needs to keep his head up more. You see improvement since the start of the year, but vets see this and will exploit it all day long. They will be hero's to their coaches.
It was the worry many brought up about Hall. Many poo-pooed because he hadn't been injured in juniors. Juniors is not the NHL.

We all love his style of play but if he doesn't adjust he game to make sure he isn't so vulnerable, he may have a very short career. I love the kid but he has to learn that teams WILL target him and to keep his head up.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:31 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge for Nuge View Post

Are they technically brother in laws? Their wives are sisters. It's not one of their sisters the other is married to... I don't know how all that works really

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Are they technically brother in laws? Their wives are sisters. It's not one of their sisters the other is married to... I don't know how all that works really
edit: you're right, their wives are sisters.

Matt Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:35 PM
bone

vCash: 705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooked View Post
TSN's highlight of yesterday's game. It's near the end.
Sweet, Jones knocks him out cold and scores the game winner shortly after. Justice!

bone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:26 PM
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
It was the worry many brought up about Hall. Many poo-pooed because he hadn't been injured in juniors. Juniors is not the NHL.

We all love his style of play but if he doesn't adjust he game to make sure he isn't so vulnerable, he may have a very short career. I love the kid but he has to learn that teams WILL target him and to keep his head up.
Exactly. Would hate to see a Paul Comrie situation again.

Njoy Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:49 PM
bellagiobob

@SportsnetSpec

Cory Sarich has left #Flames road trip and shipped home. Looked concussed as he wobbled off ice in Denver last night.

bellagiobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:52 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Yeah that would be called a brother-in-law through marriage.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

I still can't find a video of this hit(the Sarich one from last night) on youtube. Can anyone post a link?

Old
03-21-2012, 02:58 PM
bellagiobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I still can't find a video of this hit(the Sarich one from last night) on youtube. Can anyone post a link?
At about the 1:45 mark.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/video/latest...GY-1-COL-2-OT/

bellagiobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:59 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Either way the chance is still there for Schultz to poison Sarich before the next BOA.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:03 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellagiobob View Post
Thanks for that. Karma indeed. Still not sure if Jones did that on purpose or if he tried exploding through the middle watching the puck and nails Sarich.

Old
03-21-2012, 03:04 PM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Either way the chance is still there for Schultz to poison Sarich before the next BOA.
Or piss him off in other ways anyhow.

Old
03-21-2012, 06:26 PM
TimeForAnOilChange
Can We Fold The Team

Quote:
@SportsnetSpec

Cory Sarich has left #Flames road trip and shipped home. Looked concussed as he wobbled off ice in Denver last night.

you just made my day, if the NHL doesnt want to protect their star players, then karma will.

TimeForAnOilChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Hall2Nuge2Ebs

Quote:
@SportsnetSpec

Payback's a *****

Hall2Nuge2Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 06:50 PM
TimeForAnOilChange
Can We Fold The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopkins to Hall View Post
So if he's cleared to play you want to tell Hall that we're sitting him anyway because we're afraid he's made of glass. You want to see Hall looking to leave the Oilers then start treating him like that. If he's medically cleared then he needs to play.

Fully agree. This is what the meaningless games are for. Next time any of the kids get run then there should be guys trying to send a message. Who cares if you get a major or a suspension at this point in the season if it makes a statement. Every team's pregame talk is about targeting Eberle and Hall with charging hits and elbows. Based on the officiating lately these practices are fully endorsed by the league so we need to stand up for ourselves.
It has nothing to do with being afraid that he's made of glass, this isnt a joint injury or a muscle injury, its the worst type of injury you can get and after you've had one, the next time it might only take a light bump to get another one, then what? Do you really want to take that chance with your franchise for a few meaningless games? How do you think management will look like to the fans if they let him play and he gets another concussion and we're looking at losing him for more than just a few games (especially since they are already on thin ice with the fans).

It sucks not having him in the lineup, its not the same team and i want him playing as much as the next oil fan, but personally i dont want him getting an even more serious concussion just because a few fans want him back early or because he says he's good to go, not good enough for me. Besides playing the spoiler or getting to 30 goals, there is really nothing to play for in the last 9 games, its not worth the risk IMO.

TimeForAnOilChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 06:57 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I'm surprised that we haven't seen any Calgarypuckers show up yet.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:01 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post

edit:someone should photoshop Tambo's head onto Burns

Quote:
@SportsnetSpec

Karma's a *****

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote