HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#72 | New York Islanders vs. Montreal Canadiens | Mar 17 | W 3-2 (SO)

Old
03-18-2012, 10:57 AM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

vCash: 500
Streit has been very good the last two weeks or so. Could it have really taken him this long to get back to where he was? He looks like the player we saw his first two years.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:45 AM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

He's been building up the last two weeks, I'd agree with that. However, his resume as an Islander is as such:

First year: Played really well. Maybe hurt his career here by playing too well on an utterly crappy NYI team.

Second year: Played like an ECHL 3rd pair up to a few weeks before the Olympics. Then he played well to finish out.

Third year: Injured out.

Fourth (This) Year, Played like **** for 75% of the season?

That looks like regression to me but he gets at least half a season to prove me wrong. It will be a contract year too, that usually helps flawed players pull things together for a while so we shall see.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Islanderfan17

Streit was a monster last night, looked like he did in his all star season.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 05:46 PM
luki here

im not happy with the islanders going ahead to win the meaningless games. Had they lost the shootout, they would have shown the same performance, minus the additional point that could cost us the 3rd overall pick.

Tanking is the way in my mind. I know many will have contrary opinions

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Islander Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
He's been building up the last two weeks, I'd agree with that. However, his resume as an Islander is as such:

First year: Played really well. Maybe hurt his career here by playing too well on an utterly crappy NYI team.

Second year: Played like an ECHL 3rd pair up to a few weeks before the Olympics. Then he played well to finish out.

Third year: Injured out.

Fourth (This) Year, Played like **** for 75% of the season?

That looks like regression to me but he gets at least half a season to prove me wrong. It will be a contract year too, that usually helps flawed players pull things together for a while so we shall see.
Where the hell have you been???? Streit's second season was his best, his season was amongst the top 5 best in the league's d-men... He would have been a Norris candidate if the team wouldn't have been so terrible !!!

Anyways, Isles won the game yesterday under my inspiring presence for an impressive 5th consecutive Islanders game in Montreal that I attend

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote