Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

One more year, Mr. Selanne

Old
03-17-2012, 05:03 AM
Ted Brautigan

vCash: 500
One more year, Mr. Selanne

I think that our best player of all time should play one more year. In the future, what is the Ducks? Getzie and Perry are good players, but if you ask somebody who don't follow the Ducks, only player what they know is Selanne.
Teemu is just so class act and also he is our last player from the old Mighty Ducks.
And still, he scores.

Ted Brautigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 05:08 AM
Theridion

Come back, put in 8-10 minutes a game on the 3rd line + PP time. Be the NHL version of a designated hitter.

I say, 2 more seasons, then you earn a statue at the arena. 2 more, then bronze statue somewhere. Retire this year... no bronze statue.

Edit: Ok, you can still have a statue if you retire.

Theridion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 05:12 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theridion View Post
Come back, put in 8-10 minutes a game on the 3rd line + PP time. Be the NHL version of a designated hitter.

I say, 2 more seasons, then you earn a statue at the arena. 2 more, then bronze statue somewhere. Retire this year... no bronze statue.

Edit: Ok, you can still have a statue if you retire.
Teemu needs playing time to get his mojo going on...not gonna happen.

I'll say this is it. Everybody be sure to watch the last regular season game.

Finnpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 05:14 AM
Ted Brautigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Teemu needs playing time to get his mojo going on...not gonna happen.

I'll say this is it. Everybody be sure to watch the last regular season game.
I find you lack of faith disturbing.

Old
03-17-2012, 05:20 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Brautigan View Post
I find you lack of faith disturbing.
reality not faith.

Old
03-17-2012, 07:43 AM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

he's scoring at a .86 ppg pace this season... and is starting to pick it up again in the last stretch here. (and scoring went down again this season)

he easily has another season left in the tank, but Teemu isn't the type of player to play third line minutes.

That being said, we need to start building a new second line next year, regardless of Teemu coming back... If the center isn't in the cards, then we at least need to try and trade for/sign a new winger.

at the very least, if Teemu comes back... the budget needs to be increased by however much Teemu is going to get paid... if Samueli isn't willing to do that... the Ducks just simply WON'T be able to compete.

Teemu's back for one more year... but just in case, I'm watching every remaining game from here on out, come hell or high water, **** essays, **** final exams, i gotta watch Teemu and the Ducks, just in case this is his last season.

highlights just don't cut it

Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 08:14 AM
Fallenity

He'll be back, he's just playing too good. He said in his blog before that he'll hang them up when he either can't keep up with the opposition. While I'd advocate 3rd line for him, I don't think his minutes would change much. BB plays all the lines a lot more equally then RC ever did.

Of course, you never know if he's got a nagging problem with his knee or something. But right now, barring any injury, I see him coming back. He seems to get along with BB also, so that seems good.

Imagine also the leadership and effort effect he'd have on our rookies coming in next year. Etem, Vatanen, possibly Schultz, maybe Holland. The guy is over 40 and hustles more then most people in the team (except maybe Hagman and Blake). That can't have anything but a positive effect on the youth.

Fallenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 11:13 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

I don't think he'll be back. The way the league is being officiated these days has to remind him of the bad old dead puck days. To make things worse, he deliberately lost a bunch of strength to keep his speed and that has really harmed him in terms of losing puck battles.

Plus the team is not on the cusp of winning anything. There are leadership problems, depth problems, special teams problems, hell for all we know there are locker room problems too. Does he want to come back for another disappointing season?

I'd love to have him back though.

Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 11:18 AM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

I'd like him to be back in 3rd line capacity. Him and Koivu, around 15 min per game, on easier match-ups. That would obviously mean we'd upgrade 2nd line considerably, aaaaaaand... OK, enough daydreaming.

Lord Flashheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 12:59 PM
2faded

Love Selanne but i'd prefer he not come back. Said the same thing last season. As good as he is we will never be a contender until we rebuild that second line. Simple as that. And we will never rebuild that second line until Selanne retires.

2faded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 01:35 PM
DarthYenik

I'd take another year like this one or last preferably, if we can watch Teemu play another season.

DarthYenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 02:20 PM
jepjepjoo

I don't know what the heck you guys expect from the second line, but I know this for sure: The second line will be alot worse if Selanne, who is one of the best players in the league playing on the 2nd, doesn't come back. His ES production per minute and actual ES production is better than Perry or Getzlaf and last year it was on par with them. Last year his ES production was actually 25th best point/per60min which is amazing considering his linemates were Blake and Koivu and PP production per minute best in the league. This year he leads the Ducks in both PP and ES and some of you guys think the team would be better off without him? As much crap the PP has gotten this year, Selanne is still 5th in the league in PP points just 1 point away from 2nd place.

One more year!

Last edited by jepjepjoo: 03-17-2012 at 02:48 PM.
jepjepjoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 03:18 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

He's been doing "one more year" for almost five years now. One more year suggests just that, one more year. If you don't want him to retire say don't retire. I'm so tired of "one more year." He gave us all that and then some.

But the man deserves to go out on his own terms and not be part of a rebuild.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 03:20 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

I would like to see him retire
this lockerroom does not deserve him
the way they've performed this year, while this man gives his heart and soul is disgusting.

I don't want to see him come back and keep missing the playoffs because his best teammates are lazy

KEEROLE Vatanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Ted Brautigan

Teemu is PPG player, I dont understand why people are speaking about lack of offensive power. More points than Getz and Perry. Our second line is much more powerful with Teemu, than whitout Teemu.

Old
03-17-2012, 03:54 PM
Exit Dose

Koivu is the one on that line that I'd like to put in the rear view mirror. He should be a bottom six center at this point. He just can't carry a top six responsibilities anymore.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 04:24 PM
ninetynine*

He just keeps scoring, he's not a 3rd line guy on this team, don't fool yourself. He's a 2nd line guy.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 05:26 PM
navyduck

If he does decide to play another year, I highly suggest that he invest in a stickier hockey tape than what he uses this season.......Just sayin

navyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Dirk316

the sooner he retires the sooner he can start working for the organization i would not be surprised if he became an assistant coach in the near future. Hopefully after this offseason BB and BM get canned and taken into obscurity where they and that boring turn the other cheek style belong

Dirk316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 09:35 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

I don't think he's having much fun this year TBH...

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:42 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
the sooner he retires the sooner he can start working for the organization i would not be surprised if he became an assistant coach in the near future. Hopefully after this offseason BB and BM get canned and taken into obscurity where they and that boring turn the other cheek style belong
Teemu has said many times he doesn't want to be a coach in the high level. Maybe in the future coaching children/juniors.

Old
03-21-2012, 07:33 AM
Elvs

vCash: 708
I just hope he quits while the fans still wants him to play. I'd hate to see him retire a year when the audience won't be ranting "One more year!" at the season's end.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 04:38 AM
Seanconn*
mission accomplished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Teemu has said many times he doesn't want to be a coach in the high level. Maybe in the future coaching children/juniors.
GM Teemu Selanne?

Seanconn* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Rush519

Selanne is the best 2nd line rw in the league right now.. he ranks 9th in RW scoring.. at 41, turning 42 in June...i feel like he will have a lot of summer to rest and realize that he still loves the game, hopefully the run they made in the new year made him remember how fun it was and he comes back one more year to let our younger guys learn from him

Rush519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Fighter
Soviet Duck

vCash: 450
It would be a shame to see him retire after this horrible season for the Ducks. He has still quite a lot to give, I hope he decide for ONE MORE YEAR again

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote