HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colin White: Huh?

Closed Thread

Old
11-15-2004, 03:34 PM
dedalus

vCash: 500
Colin White: Huh?

"I just hope [the lockout] doesn't hurt the game too badly, that we can get our fan base back," White said. "We're not a strong sport. There's football, baseball, basketball, NASCAR, even bowling. Then we're down there.

"We were going in the right direction, until this happened."

Is it just me or is that last statement just bizarre?

Old
11-15-2004, 04:02 PM
Kodiak

Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
I don't think it's bizarre. The Devils' fanbase has been growing for the past decade. You can only win so many Cups before the fans take notice. But it seems like White was taking that and assuming that it held true for the rest of the league. Again, not bizarre, but perhaps delusional.

(Really, I just wanted to show off my new Blackjack championship )

Old
11-15-2004, 04:04 PM
Fletch

Why bizarre?

I think what he's saying is that the league was going in the right direction popularity-wise, and then the lockout hit, which put a halt to any momentum. Whether it's an accurate statement is one thing, and it's debateable for sure, but I'm not sure what's bizarre, unless I'm just missing something.

Old
11-15-2004, 04:38 PM
Balej20*

Maybe he made those comments with a bit of sarcasim...He may be as pissed off with this lock out as we are.

Old
11-15-2004, 08:14 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
"I just hope [the lockout] doesn't hurt the game too badly, that we can get our fan base back," White said. "We're not a strong sport. There's football, baseball, basketball, NASCAR, even bowling. Then we're down there.

"We were going in the right direction, until this happened."

Is it just me or is that last statement just bizarre?
not bizzare at all, some what very true.

Old
11-15-2004, 08:20 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Maybe he made those comments with a bit of sarcasim...He may be as pissed off with this lock out as we are.
Maybe you are pissed i dont care about the lock out im still working and making money, and as a matter of fact am not really missing hockey, when its on i will continue to watch it again...And why is everyone trying to be a Sigmund Freud on his comments , "I think he meant this, no he meant that, no it was sarcastic ,no it wasnt" ..... And you are all really wrong basically.

What he meant in simple words is this lock out can hurt the NHL as it already is not a popular sport.

As simple as that why is everyone trying to make it seem so complex like there hockey analysts, and it wasnt sarcasm either its the truth.

Just out of curiosity why are u so pissed about the lock out these guys dont care about you if you were out of work , do you think they would give to *****. I mean its ok to miss the game of hockey but damn it will be back on adventually, if it is that much a part of your life then in all honesty you need to keep your self a bit more occupied.No offense

Old
11-15-2004, 08:32 PM
dedalus

It's bizarre that anyone could possibly believe that the game was heading in the right direction in terms of its popularity. It's bizarre that he could be so utterly out of touch with both the declining fanbase, and apparently every media outlet which prints things like television ratings. It's bizarre that he doesn't appear to look at hockey publications which have printed letter after letter after letter which show increasing fan disenchantment with both the league and the product.

I might be inclined to adopt Kodiak's adjective, "delusional," but those who are delusional generally say and do bizarre things in response to their delusions. I'd suggest White is doing exactly that.

Old
11-15-2004, 08:33 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
...And why is everyone trying to be a Sigmund Freud on his comments , "I think he meant this, no he meant that, no it was sarcastic ,no it wasnt" ..... And you are all really wrong basically.

What he meant in simple words is ...
Hello, pot? This is kettle.

Old
11-15-2004, 09:03 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
I might be inclined to adopt Kodiak's adjective, "delusional," but those who are delusional generally say and do bizarre things in response to their delusions. I'd suggest White is doing exactly that.
:lol :lol
GIVE ME A BREAK.I mean are you serious,if so you need help man. Its a simple comment that doesnt need all this jibber jabba you are doing.

You mean white is being delusional, then that makes sense. sorry Sigmund.And do u even know the meaning of the word answer b4 u go and look it up which is what u are going to do.

I dont think he is delusional, what do you think he is going through a deppression phase..Its ok hockey will be back on its not the end of the world for him but maybe it is for your sad and lonley ass.Who knows.

Old
11-15-2004, 09:25 PM
Fletch

To be honest...

if White says the league's in the crapper and the popularity is waning, not increasing, then he would have to get his head checked for opening his mouth. Whether he's serious or not, we may never know. It's likely part of the party line for the NHLPA to paint a picture that the league is an evil empire, and de-railing this great freight train that is hockey's popularity is another misstep by the league and its owners.

Closed Thread