HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Columbus vs. Vancouver | 3/17 10PM EDT | "Copyright Infringement" Edition

Old
03-17-2012, 11:45 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Is it just me or is the speed of this game a LOT faster than usual?
There is no bigger crowd then CBC on a Saturday night. Teams usually amp it up when they play in front of all of Canada.

Why the hell did Nash not shoot with like, 30 seconds left? I'm not sure who he passed to but that shot was terribly weak and ended up hitting a Canuck..

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 11:48 PM
JacketFanInFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
There is no bigger crowd then CBC on a Saturday night. Teams usually amp it up when they play in front of all of Canada.

Why the hell did Nash not shoot with like, 30 seconds left? I'm not sure who he passed to but that shot was terribly weak and ended up hitting a Canuck..
Rule number 1, do not use logic when trying to analyze the Blue Jackets.

You'll catch on soon enough

JacketFanInFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 11:49 PM
hittes petr sykora
WOLOLO

trust me guys, we hate mark lee and Kevin weekes more than anyone. The blue jackets looked good out there (other than the edler goal), your teams gonna look p sick with yakupov

hittes petr sykora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 11:50 PM
FunKingJackets
I still Believe

Well, I never want to listen those announcers again.

I liked all three goals, good plays we should see more of in the future.

FunKingJackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Mr Irreverent
Thiago who???

Sounds like Jack had another beastly night. So happy for him.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 12:14 AM
The Four Seven
Boone Jenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well I Never View Post

I see what you did there.

The Four Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 12:24 AM
GK
Not Jeeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacketFanInFL View Post
Rule number 1, do not use logic when trying to analyze the Blue Jackets.

You'll catch on soon enough
I watched every Sens game last year, so I know what it is like.

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 12:37 AM
CrazyCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Well I Never View Post

We Canucks fans dont either. The Play by Play guy is the #2 guy for CBC's Hockey Night in Canada broacast. This is not a Canucks broadcast, but is a national game across Canada, 2nd half of the Sat Night doubleheader. Watch next week on HNIC and he will be on again infurating viewers across teh country

Mark Lee is horrible. Its like the equivalent of having the guy on SNF and this guy is #2 to Al Michaels

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:59 AM
Wisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
Vancouver announcer- "Aaron Johnson's one of the holes on defense"

"Canucks are just toying with the Blue jackets now"

!st period and the larger pads aren't working
I just want to say Mark Lee is NOT our announcer. He's a national announcer from Alberta and typically does play by play for Flames or Oilers games.

But he is terrible and hating him is okay. We can do it together! Bro hugs!

Last edited by Wisp: 03-18-2012 at 04:07 AM.
Wisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:24 AM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Continue to like the way Cam and Vinny are playing together.

What can you say about the night JJ and Wiz had? We actually have two NHL defense-men on this team for the first time in how long? Eleven years?

Mason didn't embarrass himself in this game.

We have the second pick in the draft locked up at this point, I would hazard to guess. You just know that we have to finish last, so that when we lose the lottery we get the second pick.

Dr. Fire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 08:01 AM
EDM

As part of our offseason "reshaping", I do hope that "shaping RJ into the jersey of another team is included. For all the flak that Vermette took, at least he tried every nite. A lot more than can be said of the fat old man version of RJ.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 08:15 AM
EspenK

I didn't watch much of the game but in reading the recap it said that the Jackets blocked 34 shots-which is really good except that Vancouver had 38 more on goal! So that means they attempted 72 shots? I am amazed the jackets scored 3-sounds like they were in their own end all night.

Agree on Umbie.

Must be nice to say "those aren't our real announcers"

EspenK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Ludicrous Speed

The Nucks had 38 shots total, not 72 lol

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 09:09 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
AJ has done nothing but bounce around in the NHL until he bounced back into the AHL last year.

Rick gets in somebody's ear, and BOOM! AJ is an NHL regular in Columbus with over 40 games for the first time since his last tenure in Columbus.
Just reviewing the GDT. So you really believe that both Arniel and Richards play that slug to please Nash? Really? Or is this just your usual chain-yanking?

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 09:13 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Might be Pete. He was threatening to buy a neon green suit.
You do not want to see me in one of those skin suits! I'm more a "big suit" guy!

Old
03-18-2012, 09:15 AM
bizzz

Vancouver announcers said a lot of good words about J.Johnson and a lot of bad about A.Johnson. They got it. What Aaron was doing 5 feet behind Booth when he scored a goal is unexplained.
Moore and Nikitin on the Edler's goal were weird. 2 rookies who can't communicate with each other is a call for troubles. Kids in the pee-wee league don't make such mistakes. Communication should't be a problem next year... I hope...
Overall Nikitin had a decent game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConoR187 View Post
if nikitin plays this bad without tyutin then we cannot keep him around next season, idc how good he is with tyutin
Seriously? How bad he played? For 1 bad play I saw 10 decent ones. He was good under the pressure, stopped 1 on 1 a couple times, was making right decisions every time he had the puck, PP looked good with him on the point... Dare to explain what did you mean? The bad play on Edler's goal? Wiz is out of position quiet often as well.

bizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 09:25 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Moore and Nikitin on the Edler's goal were weird. 2 rookies who can't communicate with each other is a call for troubles. Kids in the pee-wee league don't make such mistakes. Communication should't be a problem next year... I hope...
I am very pleased with what Nikitin has show, this year, but it seems imperative that he work on his English during the off-season and dedicate himself to improving his communication with all his defensive partners. Tyutin may be his best pairing, but it's inevitable that he will be on the ice with other non-Russian speakers due to the flow of the game and he has to be more comfortable with them. Learning the language isn't that big a deal, even AJ can speak English (!), but communicating on the ice is something that even National teams that all speak the same tongue often fail at. I certainly want Niki back, next year, and I hope communication among all the blueliners is very much improved!

Old
03-18-2012, 09:45 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
The Nucks had 38 shots total, not 72 lol
I know they had 38 shots on goal BUT this article said :

"You can’t say we didn’t play hard,” Blue Jackets defenseman James Wisniewski said. No. No you can’t. The Blue Jackets were credited with 34 blocked shots. They had 27 through two periods. Aaron Johnson had eight of them.

So 38 on goal plus 34 blocks =72 shot attempts (not counting the ones that got through but went wide) Seems awfully high. Does anyone who actually reads a post know if this is right?

Old
03-18-2012, 10:23 AM
ErikKarlsson
The Best (per IOC)

I thought Mason looked pretty good, just bad luck on the 4th goal going off a skate and right to Sedin. Jack Johnson and Wisniewski are both beasts, never would have thought they would play that well together.

ErikKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:37 AM
wahsnairb

Mason will be a pretty capable backup until his contract is over. Let's hope we actually get a #1 this offseason.

wahsnairb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:49 AM
bizzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
I am very pleased with what Nikitin has show, this year, but it seems imperative that he work on his English during the off-season and dedicate himself to improving his communication with all his defensive partners. Tyutin may be his best pairing, but it's inevitable that he will be on the ice with other non-Russian speakers due to the flow of the game and he has to be more comfortable with them. Learning the language isn't that big a deal, even AJ can speak English (!), but communicating on the ice is something that even National teams that all speak the same tongue often fail at. I certainly want Niki back, next year, and I hope communication among all the blueliners is very much improved!
Communication isn't a big problem when he plays with Wiz or JJ on the PK. I mean let him play with a decent partner and he will be good. That Edler goal happened when Moore just jumped on the ice. Beloved Johnny Moore had grand total of 3 seconds on penalty kill all night and look what happened. He played only 9 minutes total for a reason.
Recently I found Nikitin's interview and he admitted that he has language problems and that playing with Tyutin is much easier for him. At least he understands that. Also anyone needs time to adjust to a new partner. I recall that JJ-Wiz pair was brutal defensively for their first couple games together and both of them speak English.
Right now the Jackets have only 3 healthy NHL d-men and Nikitin comes on the short side in terms of defensive partner selection.

Last edited by bizzz: 03-18-2012 at 11:15 AM.
bizzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:51 AM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
I know they had 38 shots on goal BUT this article said :

"You canít say we didnít play hard,Ē Blue Jackets defenseman James Wisniewski said. No. No you canít. The Blue Jackets were credited with 34 blocked shots. They had 27 through two periods. Aaron Johnson had eight of them.

So 38 on goal plus 34 blocks =72 shot attempts (not counting the ones that got through but went wide) Seems awfully high. Does anyone who actually reads a post know if this is right?
Perhaps the Vancouver stats guy is as generous with shots/blocks as the Columbus stats guy is with hits.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:59 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FANonymous View Post
Perhaps the Vancouver stats guy is as generous with shots/blocks as the Columbus stats guy is with hits.

Could be

Old
03-18-2012, 12:06 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizoncol View Post
Beloved Johnny Moore ...
Please explain this. First Robert chooses to make something about Moore v. Nikitin and now you. What the hell?

Moore is 21 years old, in his third year since his draft and first with regular NHL time. He's developed well and you can see in his game that he projects to be prety damn good if he contiinues to progress.

Nikitin has been a pleasant find. He hasn't disappointed at all and I read no complaints with his game besides the occassional pointing out of a mistake - the kind which gets pointed out regardless of the player. He's 25 years old, in his second season in North America and his game is rounding into form. The only big-picture concern I'm seeing regards communication, something you say he's acknowledged. So what's the problem?

Old
03-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Cyclones Rock

In the four game losing streak which has followed the 4-1 streak, the Jackets "First Line" has pulled a Houdini.

The Captain has 0 points in this stretch. In fact the Captain has 0 points in his last 6 games. It gets worse. If one throws out his 3 point effort in one game since the trade deadline passed, Nash has ONE point in 8 of the 9 games.

Brassard 0 points in last four. 6 points in the 9 games since the deadline passed. Not that bad.

Umberger 0 points in last four. 3 points in the 9 games since the deadline.

$15 million this year for this trio. 24% of all salaries. Good Grief

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote