HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Green Barf. Pens own Devils on throwback day.

Old
03-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

vCash: 500
Florida has been very good lately.

Boston I don't want.

I don't want Philly either cause Bryz owns us more than any other team. One goal against this clown the whole season in over 3 games!

At least we've given Fleury a hard time. Hell his save percentage was lower than Marty's yesterday!

I feel we have a slightly better chance of beating Boston in a 7 game series than the Columbus Blue Jackets do of beating them in a 7 game series.

Boston is the only team we can show up for, and still get killed no matter what. They can show up to play, but still look worse than yesterday against Pittsburgh. I think it's a curse or something. Boston is still the only team we've played more than once that we haven't beat this season, and will be the only team we haven't beaten in the Conference this season.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 05:31 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Also on the topic of Ilya. Ponikarovsky has more goals on him this season than anyone on our team. He scored the only goal on him for the Devils this season, and twice against him when he was still playing for Carolina before he was traded here.

Old
03-18-2012, 05:35 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Only two non-divisional teams have beaten us more than once so far this season: Boston Bruins and Florida Panthers.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 05:58 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Only two non-divisional teams have beaten us more than once so far this season: Boston Bruins and Florida Panthers.
Yup, and another interesting fact.

Boston was the first team to beat us twice this season, and that was early January.

In January though Boston also beat us a third time, and Philly became the second team to beat us more than once. Florida in February, and from there the Rangers, and then the Islanders, and finally Pittsburgh all beat us for a second time.

Even the few Western Conference teams we played more than once. Dallas, and Colorado. Both beat us on their ice, and we beat them on ours.

Did the Devils play another West team more than once this season? Why do I feel I'm leaving one out?

Oh yeah LA. Beat them twice in a week.

Old
03-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Oh and in other news. NHL Network had a thing on about Sutter last night briefly, and it was basically about Edmonton. Wondering if they'll retain the GM, and coaching staff next season. They mentioned Sutter is in his third season of a three year contract, and if Calgary don't make the playoffs like they haven't every year he's been there they might look for someone else, and Sutter may be named coach in Edmonton since it's still right up the road from him.

With all the funny talk of the Devils firing Deboer could we see Sutter again?

Honestly I can't stand some things Deboer has done, but he's got us back to playoff contenders, and the players seem to like him. No reason to get rid of him. Too much coaching instability with the Devils, and they like him, and he's doing well, so can't complain.

Wasn't it rumored at one time Sutter would also take the GM role when Lou retired? Honestly I can't stand Sutter. As much as I hated Rolston's contract, and still am bothered by it to this day why put the second highest paid Forward on the 4th line? Why did Lou even allow this? Sutter sucked to be honest with you. Wasn't even mad when he left. Wonder if he's making Calgary ride the bike after the games.

Old
03-18-2012, 06:03 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

So I'm guessing they weren't all that interested in the game from the looks of the scoreboard...

Oh well. Didn't watch, didn't happen. Move on.

Ilkka Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
So I'm guessing they weren't all that interested in the game from the looks of the scoreboard...

Oh well. Didn't watch, didn't happen. Move on.
They weren't. Josefson won a lot of faceoffs. Actually the faceoffs were split with both teams winning 29 I believe?

Kovalchuk didn't look good, Parise didn't look good. Clarkson I didn't even notice out there. Sykora scored that's all I noticed of him. Didn't notice Zubrus much either. Elias had a particularly bad game. He really stuck out to me. Marty looked good that's it.

4th line wasn't on the ice for any goals against I don't believe. Bernier was a -1 so guess he was.

I kinda wish they played Carter, and Bernier more at the end of the game rather than waste Kovy, Zach, and Elias. We weren't coming back so why waste the energy? I was bothered to see Kovy on the ice with less than 5 minutes left.

Josefson played decent, Zidlicky looked good at times, and Marty played great, and made several point blank saves. His save percentage was better than Fluery's too considering he gave up 2 goals on only 14 shots to the Devils.

Wasn't expecting a win, but they could have done better than that. After Pittsburgh scored their 3rd goal which came a minute after their 2nd goal I think the Devils called it a day.

Old
03-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
The rookies have definitely hit a wall. We'll need them running hot again if we're going to get anywhere in the playoffs.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
The rookies have definitely hit a wall. We'll need them running hot again if we're going to get anywhere in the playoffs.
I know that Adam will get back on track, but I'm not sure about the other Adam.

Basement Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 08:31 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Henrique was a playoff warrior in the OHL. I have faith he'll bounce back

DatBoyJPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 09:30 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
I know I'm a little late on this, but I felt I had to say it anyway: you're out of your mind.
You're noticing that NOW?

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 09:36 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

I can't take anyone who wants DeBoer fired seriously in any way.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 09:46 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
I can't take anyone who wants DeBoer fired seriously in any way.
I can't even take anyone who says it in a joking manner either.

All anyone has to do is think of last season(1st half) and compare it to what we have now, and that's all that needs to be said about Fake-Randy-Quaid.

Old
03-18-2012, 10:23 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
I can't even take anyone who says it in a joking manner either.

All anyone has to do is think of last season(1st half) and compare it to what we have now, and that's all that needs to be said about Fake-Randy-Quaid.
We should fire DeBoer.

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 11:04 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
We should fire DeBoer.
...out of a cannon.

Old
03-18-2012, 11:05 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
...out of a cannon.
That would be fun and interesting.

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 12:05 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
That would be fun and interesting.
I'm sure Pete would love it, too. It would probably have him show the most emotion we'll ever see out of him.

Old
03-19-2012, 12:08 AM
CerebralGenesis

Whats funny is that Kirk Muller and Jmac are leading the Carolina team to a crazy run since they got hired. Almost like the one we went on last year after he was fired. Funny world

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 12:13 AM
Fayne Staley
Sather is better

that neal thread on the main board is nauseating.

Fayne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 12:25 AM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

I believe the Canes are 21-14-14 with Maclean, and Muller.

I think I got that right. A bit above 500. Still a lot of OT losses.

Old
03-19-2012, 12:35 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I believe the Canes are 21-14-14 with Maclean, and Muller.

I think I got that right. A bit above 500. Still a lot of OT losses.
I wonder.....if MacLean was canned, and it was just Muller, I bet the Canes would be in the Playoff chase still.

Old
03-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Quote:
I wonder.....if MacLean was canned, and it was just Muller, I bet the Canes would be in the Playoff chase still.
LOL maybe. I love Maclean as a player. He's probably a nice guy too. I have no complaints with him when he was an Assistant Coach with the Devils even though our PP sucked most of the time. There was a disastrous game in Detroit when he had to coach the team in 05 cause Robinson was sick or something. Forgot about that until after he started coaching for the team.

I wouldn't boo him if he came back for whatever reason or if he was announced on the PA as their coach. I did boo him all of December though of last year when he was announced on the PA. Got a lot of dirty looks, because most people including my friend were oblivious to the fact his coaching sucked, and most of the problems were his fault. A lot of people were oblivious until February when Lemaire had us on an insane run.

I wouldn't boo him though you know why? Cause he isn't here to ruin our team anymore. Just like I don't boo Gomez. He isn't our problem thank god. If I were a Montreal fan I'd be booing him.

Old
03-19-2012, 01:11 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
LOL maybe. I love Maclean as a player. He's probably a nice guy too. I have no complaints with him when he was an Assistant Coach with the Devils even though our PP sucked most of the time. There was a disastrous game in Detroit when he had to coach the team in 05 cause Robinson was sick or something. Forgot about that until after he started coaching for the team.

I wouldn't boo him if he came back for whatever reason or if he was announced on the PA as their coach. I did boo him all of December though of last year when he was announced on the PA. Got a lot of dirty looks, because most people including my friend were oblivious to the fact his coaching sucked, and most of the problems were his fault. A lot of people were oblivious until February when Lemaire had us on an insane run.

I wouldn't boo him though you know why? Cause he isn't here to ruin our team anymore. Just like I don't boo Gomez. He isn't our problem thank god. If I were a Montreal fan I'd be booing him.
If you were a Montreal fan, you'd be booing everything at this point.

Old
03-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Quote:
If you were a Montreal fan, you'd be booing everything at this point.
I know it's disgusting. They're trying not to be the worst team in the Conference now. Aint that the truth?

I wouldn't be surprised if Cunneyworth is purposely running them into the ground. He's been vilified for not speaking French.

Gauthier needs to go. After all this BS, and his contracts he needs to go.

This team will also go nowhere until Gomez is bought out. I said bought out not traded. No one wants Gomez though maybe a team needing to meet the cap floor might. This team will continue to suck until Gomez is gone. I'm not saying that cause I'm bitter Gomez left us. In fact he was one guy I wasn't bummed to see go. I liked him when he was here, but it wasn't a big loss. The contract is ridiculous. They're also likely to suck until Gauthier is fired.

Old
03-19-2012, 01:52 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Cunneyworth is purposely running them into the ground. He's been vilified for not speaking French.
If I was Cunneyworth, I would be incredibly tempted to lay into the Media there by telling them : "WE'RE NOT IN FRANCE!!! I'M AMERICAN! HERE I SPEAK ENGLISH!! DEAL WITH IT!"

Of course I understand that he won't do that so he doesn't F up any chances at other coaching gigs elsewhere.....

I mean c'mon now...... How xenophobic can a city get??