HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

AHL Season Ticket Holders re-upping so soon?

Old
03-17-2012, 05:38 PM
Bonander

vCash: 500
AHL Season Ticket Holders re-upping so soon?

The dead-last Texas Stars are offering free tickets to the first round of the playoffs for us STHs who re-up before March 26. I did some digging around the league and can't find a club better to its STHs than- well it's not Texas.

InsideHockey: Brought To Fans At Whose Expense?

Bonander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Tommy Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonander View Post
The dead-last Texas Stars are offering free tickets to the first round of the playoffs for us STHs who re-up before March 26. I did some digging around the league and can't find a club better to its STHs than- well it's not Texas.

InsideHockey: Brought To Fans At Whose Expense?
Interesting article but to get those things you have to be a P Bruins season ticket holder meaning you probably live in the providence area and, to be honest, I would rather live in that hillbilly town of San Diego than the dredge that is providence.

Some teams need things like this to get/keep season ticket holders, some do not.

Who knows when those renewals were actually printed. They may have been printed last year.

As a wolves season ticket holder, I get an alpha wolf jersey. And a gift. And a winning team. And the most annoying homer fans in the world.

Tommy Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 08:27 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Hawk View Post
Interesting article but to get those things you have to be a P Bruins season ticket holder meaning you probably live in the providence area and, to be honest, I would rather live in that hillbilly town of San Diego than the dredge that is providence.
And so I guess you live in the Chicago area?

'Nuff said there, son.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 01:57 AM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

One of the best STH benefits that I know the Wolves do is the right to exchange unused tickets for the same value that you purchased. Great benefit.

03-18-2012, 03:12 AM
Bonander

Quote:

Some teams need things like this to get/keep season ticket holders, some do not.

Who knows when those renewals were actually printed. They may have been printed last year.

As a wolves season ticket holder, I get an alpha wolf jersey. And a gift. And a winning team. And the most annoying homer fans in the world.
The Providence info came directly from their sales office. To me it was about basic fan appreciation that is so lacking in Texas' offer. The Wolves do a lot of things right in that regard. Emphasis on Winning team and the only team ive seen bring in a production crew into our barn for the playoffs.

Bonander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1987 View Post
One of the best STH benefits that I know the Wolves do is the right to exchange unused tickets for the same value that you purchased. Great benefit.
Worcester does that too...

210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 06:52 PM
Tommy Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
And so I guess you live in the Chicago area?

'Nuff said there, son.

Been to providence many times. It is a dredge. No, I do not live in Chicago. Near it but not in it.

I wonder if the NHL owned franchises give better season ticket benefits than the independent ones.......

Old
03-18-2012, 07:00 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1987 View Post
Do you still have to pay?? I know of in a few ECHL places you can use an used ticket of a season ticket holder to another game for free.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:01 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonander View Post
The Providence info came directly from their sales office. To me it was about basic fan appreciation that is so lacking in Texas' offer. The Wolves do a lot of things right in that regard. Emphasis on Winning team and the only team ive seen bring in a production crew into our barn for the playoffs.
To be fair, the emphasis put on winning in a leaguee like this with a lot of teams not locally owned is a very small amount.

SFTC Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Tommy Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Men Rule View Post
Do you still have to pay?? I know of in a few ECHL places you can use an used ticket of a season ticket holder to another game for free.
Officially, we are not supposed to be allowed to exchange for a saturday game. And no fee.

Old
03-18-2012, 09:27 PM
RFA

Not even three years in, this guy can whine.

Devils package is decent, 5 free flex tix per seat, a good seat to a decent NJ game, exchange unused for tix to any game. Nice holiday and end of year parties. Also many prizes, I've never won. Too bad the team stinks.

ADK charges a bit more (also less in the upper corners), three free tix per seat, unused redemption any game also.

RFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 10:48 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Been to providence many times. It is a dredge.
Never heard any visiting fans complain, especially about the food around here.

Been to a fair amount of AHL cities, and I'd proudly put Providence up against many of them as far as things to do/see/eat. Not going to name the places that are "dredge", whatever that means.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote