HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predictions for rest of season

Old
03-18-2012, 02:53 PM
SwedeAmerican

vCash: 500
Predictions for rest of season

I know right now it's not looking good at the very moment but what is everybody's [I]realistic prediction for the rest of the season. I think they actually fall to 5th place and play the Flyers in the first round losing in 7 games. I know everybody's going to think I'm very negative but I do think that this team has a good chance to win the SC sometime in the near future...just not this year. Just not enough skill yet.

SwedeAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 02:59 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

I think we finish 4th and knock off the Flyers in 6, beat the surprising Panthers in 5, and lose to the Penguins in 6.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:04 PM
NickyMaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
I think we finish 4th and knock off the Flyers in 6, beat the surprising Panthers in 5, and lose to the Penguins in 6.
I think you nailed it right here. I was never expecting a cup run this year but it will be nice to see them at least make it to the EFC.

I think next year will be very promising with the addition of some more talent.

NickyMaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:14 PM
MDL8981

11 games left? I think we finish 4-5-2 or 3-6-2. End up 4th or 5th, and lose to the Flyers in 6 in the 1st round.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Out in the first round from everyone? C'mon guys

Old
03-18-2012, 03:27 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

We finish 4th and make it to the ECF, if we don't somehow play the Pens in the 2nd round.

I think the only team that beats us 4 times over a 7 game series is the Pens.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Ail
k.

Okay now, assuming the Pens cool off a bit now that the Flyers gave them the dagger at the end of the game there, and the Rangers play like they did against the AVs at the very least the rest of the way, I think they can still take the division.

If the Rangers have another bad stretch at all, it's 4th or worse. They really need to play to win for the next 11 games.

7-2-2.

111 points, beat the Pens/Flyers for the division by no more than 3 points.

DO IT!

rip
Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:34 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Mon, Mar 19 vs New Jersey W
Wed, Mar 21 vs Detroit OTL
Fri, Mar 23 vs Buffalo L
Sat, Mar 24 @ Toronto W
Tue, Mar 27 @ Minnesota OTW
Wed, Mar 28 @ Winnipeg OTL
Fri, Mar 30 vs Montreal W
Sun, Apr 1 vs Boston W
Tue, Apr 3 @ Philadelphia OTL
Thu, Apr 5 @ Pittsburgh L
Sat, Apr 7 vs Washington L

5-3-3. The last 2 games might matter, but my guess is that Pitt will cool off and we'll have enough ground ahead of them that it doesn't make a difference. We'll win the east with 108 points.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:35 PM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Mon, Mar 19 vs New Jersey W
Wed, Mar 21 vs Detroit OTL
Fri, Mar 23 vs Buffalo L
Sat, Mar 24 @ Toronto W
Tue, Mar 27 @ Minnesota OTW
Wed, Mar 28 @ Winnipeg OTL
Fri, Mar 30 vs Montreal W
Sun, Apr 1 vs Boston W
Tue, Apr 3 @ Philadelphia OTL
Thu, Apr 5 @ Pittsburgh L
Sat, Apr 7 vs Washington L

5-3-3. The last 2 games might matter, but my guess is that Pitt will cool off and we'll have enough ground ahead of them that it doesn't make a difference. We'll win the east with 108 points.
Going to take at least 110 imo. Doubt Philadelphia or Pittsburgh both cool off enough to let the Rangers take the division with only 5-3-3.

Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:36 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Yeah, no way. We have to win more games than we lose, simple as that.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:37 PM
MDL8981

Quote:
Out in the first round from everyone? C'mon guys
Convince me why I should feel differently. I think we played well above our heads the first 55 games or so. We're 7-7-2 the past month, and I think thats really the team that we are. Not enough scoring, too much ice time to players who dont do anything and a young defense thats worn down.

Old
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

7-3-1. We finish with 110 points and win the East.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile View Post
Okay now, assuming the Pens cool off a bit now that the Flyers gave them the dagger at the end of the game there, and the Rangers play like they did against the AVs at the very least the rest of the way, I think they can still take the division.

If the Rangers have another bad stretch at all, it's 4th or worse. They really need to play to win for the next 11 games.

7-2-2.

111 points, beat the Pens/Flyers for the division by no more than 3 points.

DO IT!
I feel like our guys weren't gassed last night, just luck wasnt on our side. Maybe they refilled

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:38 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
6-3-2

Only real shot of getting to the finals is by winning the division. We won't have a shot against Pitt without home ice. Even then it would be a huge challenge beating them.

Holding a gun to my head I'd say that we get knocked out in the ECF by Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh and Ottawa are the only threats to us IMO. I think Ottawa gets knocked out before we'd meet them, but barring a miraculous effort by the Flyers against the Pens, there is no way around Pittsburgh unfortunately.

Even though the Rangers aren't my first bet to win the cup, I still believe they're a legit contender. Winning the cup would require Halak mode for Lundqvist, but that's not completely out of the question for the best goalie in the game right now, so we do have a chance even if it isn't the biggest.

Last edited by KingWantsCup: 03-18-2012 at 06:09 PM.
KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
7-3-1. We finish with 110 points and win the East.
Nice optimism.

I'd like to hope so.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDL8981 View Post
Convince me why I should feel differently. I think we played well above our heads the first 55 games or so. We're 7-7-2 the past month, and I think thats really the team that we are. Not enough scoring, too much ice time to players who dont do anything and a young defense thats worn down.
No team that's in first place after 71 games is a fluke. The Minnesota Wild played above their heads.

Old
03-18-2012, 03:46 PM
SwedeAmerican

Btw...no one should be surprised that the pens/flyers game today ended in a 3 point game

Last edited by SwedeAmerican: 03-18-2012 at 03:50 PM. Reason: typo
SwedeAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedeAmerican View Post
Btw...no one should be surprised that the pens/flyers game oday ended in a 3 point game
I know. it WOULD, HAS TO happen

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:51 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

05/06 nosedive.

Loffen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2012, 03:51 PM
MDL8981

Quote:
No team that's in first place after 71 games is a fluke. The Minnesota Wild played above their heads.
Nobody expected us to be in that position though. If you look at how this team is built, its doesnt have the talent or depth to be a Cup contender. I saw us a 6th seed before the season started. Whatever path you end up taking to get to the final destination doesnt really matter that much, its where you are after Game 82. We likely will end up a 4-5 seed which is around the area many expected the team to be. The Flyers and Pens are more talented then we are and they will most likely finish ahead of us. The cream usually rises to the top.

Hate to say it, but this is shades of 05/06 except the losing started a bit earlier.

Old
03-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Nobody expected us to be in that position though. If you look at how this team is built, its doesnt have the talent or depth to be a Cup contender. I saw us a 6th seed before the season started. Whatever path you end up taking to get to the final destination doesnt really matter that much, its where you are after Game 82. We likely will end up a 4-5 seed which is around the area many expected the team to be. The Flyers and Pens are more talented then we are and they will most likely finish ahead of us. The cream usually rises to the top.

Hate to say it, but this is shades of 05/06 except the losing started a bit earlier.
Give these guys a break they've been there for us all season and have been better than that '06 team all season. I say we come up with a big statement win tomorrow against a team that's given us fits.

Old
03-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

I also think we're gonna improve alot when Torts realizes that Stu Bickel has been a career AHLer for a reason and stops giving him key minutes.

Old
03-18-2012, 04:04 PM
MDL8981

Quote:
Give these guys a break they've been there for us all season and have been better than that '06 team all season. I say we come up with a big statement win tomorrow against a team that's given us fits.
I love how hard this team works and the effort they give. But they just lack talent...I mean we basically have one good offensive line. It pains me watching Mitchell, Boyle, Feds, Bickel etc. get as much ice time as they get (esp on the PP) because while they work their ***** off all the time...the talent just isnt there. Plus you look at the "balls to the wall every night" style we play; something we need to do to win games because of the talent issue. It takes its toll. McD and Girardi are showing the effects of guys who played 30 minutes a game and were constantly throwing their bodies into oncoming slap shots. They are worn down and running on fumes, and its why you see so many glaring defensive mistakes now (mistakes you rarely saw earlier in the year).

This team is headed in the right direction but they arent there yet. They need more offensive talent to really be able to say they can win a Cup.

Old
03-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
I love how hard this team works and the effort they give. But they just lack talent...I mean we basically have one good offensive line. It pains me watching Mitchell, Boyle, Feds etc. get as much ice time as they get (esp on the PP) because while they work their ***** off all the time...the talent just isnt there. Plus you look at the "balls to the wall every night" style we play; something we need to do to win games because of the talent issue. It takes its toll. McD and Girardi are showing the effects of guys who played 30 minutes a game and were constantly throwing their bodies into oncoming slap shots.

This team is headed in the right direction but they arent there yet. They need more offensive talent to really be able to say they can win a Cup.
So maybe they aren't there yet, but I'm confident they will be and I'm enjoying the ride

But give them a chance at least, they're in this hunt.

Old
03-18-2012, 04:10 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
I love how hard this team works and the effort they give. But they just lack talent...I mean we basically have one good offensive line. It pains me watching Mitchell, Boyle, Feds, Bickel etc. get as much ice time as they get (esp on the PP) because while they work their ***** off all the time...the talent just isnt there. Plus you look at the "balls to the wall every night" style we play; something we need to do to win games because of the talent issue. It takes its toll. McD and Girardi are showing the effects of guys who played 30 minutes a game and were constantly throwing their bodies into oncoming slap shots. They are worn down and running on fumes, and its why you see so many glaring defensive mistakes now (mistakes you rarely saw earlier in the year).

Well I can't say I'm surprised considering we pretty much knew that going into this season. Add a top 6 forward (via UFA) and Kreider and next year we should be a legit contender assuming we can stay fairly healthy. As you said, we're close, but not quite there yet. I haven't written off this season by any means, but I'm not expecting us to run the table.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote