HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stars Thread : Game 73 3/19/12 : Was @ Det

View Poll Results: LLLLL = 3 Stars
Cleary 1 11.11%
Smith 4 44.44%
Bertuzzi 0 0%
Ovechkin 5 55.56%
QQQQQQQQQQ 2 22.22%
Stuart 1 11.11%
Abdelkader 0 0%
Zetterberg 2 22.22%
Knuble 2 22.22%
Free slew foots and 4 minute high sticks, no wait! 5 55.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-19-2012, 09:01 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Stars Thread : Game 73 3/19/12 : Was @ Det

Three Stars : Was 5 @ Det 3

By popular demand, we'll be putting the scores in the thread and not in the title from now on.

Doing things a bit different this year. When the Wings win, we'll pick 5 stars and assign 5 points for the 1st star, 4 points for 2nd star, etc. When the Wings lose, we'll pick 3 stars with 3 points going to the 1st star, 2 points for the 2nd star, etc.. This (theoretically) helps solve the problem of the best player in an awful losing effort getting the same credit as the best player in a 15-0 blowout masterpiece.

Vote for your stars, argue, banter, lobby, vociferate, etc, and we'll keep the tally going all year. Post your choices in the thread and most #1s will be used to break ties - if you don't post your rankings, I won't be able to determine who you thought was 1st star and I'll decide myself (and I know you don't want that...). Write-ins count too, so feel free to write-in and then drum up your picks.

Mini-Standings through game 72:
Filppula 106 pts
Datsyuk 106 pts
Howard 99 pts
Zetterberg 74 pts
Franzen 43 pts

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:04 PM
rx7dryver

vCash: 500
Ovechkin
Ovechkin
Quinceys skate.

rx7dryver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:11 PM
Kiddington
heehats

Quincey.
Quincey.
Doug Brown.

Kiddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:18 PM
RedMenace
Zero ***** Given

1. Lidstrom's return
2. The power play
3. My ****** beer
4. Holmstrom's retirement
5. Taking an arrow to the knee

RedMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 09:22 PM
sarcastro

vCash: 663
Random thoughts:

So slew footing the last man back to give you a free 1 on 0 at the top of the crease is cool now. Good to know. And 4 minute high sticking penalties aren't penalties either. Cool.

Hudler cannot do anything for himself. He has good hands if his linemates put him in precisely the right situation and get him the puck. Otherwise it's like playing 4 on 5. He can't take the puck away from anyone. He can't keep the puck away from anyone. He has to let Z and Flip carry the mail, find an open spot, and then shoot immediately - or, he has to just give Z or Flip the puck and hope they can do something with it so he can get an assist. I cannot believe that line has been as productive as it has been - it's a testament to Filppula and Z really tearing it up.

Oh, if only they had played hard from the drop. The Caps aren't very good - they probably would have won this one fairly easily. All someone has to do is cover Ovechkin. How do you lose their only scorer, twice? He's the one guy you never, ever leave by himself. And they kept leaving him by himself.

The last two games have looked a lot like those games on the back end of a losing streak - the last few games of a winning streak, you usually start having games where you should be losing. It works the same way on the back end of a losing streak. They should have won the last two games. Maybe this is the last turn before they get it locked up...

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote