HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

2012 CBA & Re-alignment: Uncle Gary Threatening Lockout (8-9-12)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2012, 04:27 PM
  #976
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 14,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
If he taught Paulina to skate, I will believe him. But only if there are pictures.
Her bodyguard took his camera, sorry boss...

Mr Jiggyfly is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 11:42 AM
  #977
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Lesshaus > Morehaus
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Fangorn
Country: United States
Posts: 25,309
vCash: 500
That ain't right.

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 11:55 AM
  #978
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior
 
ColePens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 31,886
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Anyone got high hopes for this weekend?

ColePens is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 11:58 AM
  #979
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Lesshaus > Morehaus
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Fangorn
Country: United States
Posts: 25,309
vCash: 500
I hope they make progress but I don't know that I'd predict they make progress. I suspect we'll get this:

After today: "we made some progress on non-economic issues and agreed on a couple steps we will take to improve the game."

After tomorrow: "we're still far apart on economic issues but made small amounts of progress and hope for more tomorrow."

After Sunday: "we're not there yet and don't have any further meetings scheduled at this time."

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 12:07 PM
  #980
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder
 
Ogrezilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 31,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post


Was your neighbor and/or the other guy Indian, by chance?

I never heard of goat meat until visiting an Indian place near my old job.
nope. classic white trash.

Ogrezilla is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 12:11 PM
  #981
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 14,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Anyone got high hopes for this weekend?
Ya, I'm hoping I can find my way out of the corn maze I'm taking my daughter to on Saturday.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 01:26 PM
  #982
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 14,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
I hope they make progress but I don't know that I'd predict they make progress. I suspect we'll get this:

After today: "we made some progress on non-economic issues and agreed on a couple steps we will take to improve the game."

After tomorrow: "we're still far apart on economic issues but made small amounts of progress and hope for more tomorrow."

After Sunday: "we're not there yet and don't have any further meetings scheduled at this time."
I still cling to the hope that we have intelligent minds at work here. I still believe they know missing even one regular season game can be a huge black eye on a league that has lost over 1500 games to labor strife in the last twenty years.

All of this nonsense in the media has to simply be posturing... They really can't be this stupid.

That's my take, because I'm giving both sides the benefit of common sense (which will abruptly change if they start canceling real games).

Mr Jiggyfly is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 03:26 PM
  #983
Darth Vitale
Moderator
Lesshaus > Morehaus
 
Darth Vitale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Fangorn
Country: United States
Posts: 25,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
nope. classic white trash.
Haha. That is pretty funny. Goat meat FTW. (You should tried curried goat meat if you ever find a good Indian place, it's not bad actually).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Ya, I'm hoping I can find my way out of the corn maze I'm taking my daughter to on Saturday.
If it's run by Schrute Farms you better have your survival kit and carry permit on hand.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
I still cling to the hope that we have intelligent minds at work here. I still believe they know missing even one regular season game can be a huge black eye on a league that has lost over 1500 games to labor strife in the last twenty years.

All of this nonsense in the media has to simply be posturing... They really can't be this stupid.

That's my take, because I'm giving both sides the benefit of common sense (which will abruptly change if they start canceling real games).
According to this
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=406296

it sounds like they're not even considering economic issues this weekend, which would be ****ed. I thought TODAY was about non-core issues and the weekend was back to the hard stuff. Maybe not.

Darth Vitale is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 03:36 PM
  #984
Til the End of Time
Registered User
 
Til the End of Time's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Buenos Aires
Posts: 6,950
vCash: 500
i have a stupid busy schedule for the rest of 2012, so i honestly would probably be happy if the lockout lasted that long since i wouldnt get to watch many/any games.

however i think this thing will end rather soon, to be honest. no real rationale, just gut feeling.

Til the End of Time is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 05:59 PM
  #985
KaylaJ
Honey Bun
 
KaylaJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: hell
Country: United States
Posts: 13,839
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
Anyone got high hopes for this weekend?
Well, Rick Nash did get his shoulder injured today that may speed things up one way or another...

Truthfully though, no.


Michael Grange tweeted this:

Steve Fehr -- we don't expect to talk about the core issues #NHL #NHLPA


As Nick Cotsonika notes:
If Steve Fehr says the players don't expect to talk about the core issues, don't expect anything significant this weekend.


Last edited by KaylaJ: 09-28-2012 at 06:13 PM.
KaylaJ is offline  
Old
09-28-2012, 08:53 PM
  #986
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve
 
Homeland Security's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY/FL
Country: United States
Posts: 14,162
vCash: 500
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1#post54648301

We're close enough to 1k. New thread up.

__________________
Homeland Security is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.