HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GM 72: Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild - Mar 19 - 5:00PM PST - SPAC

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2012, 11:08 PM
Cool Hand Goof*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayonara77 View Post
Where is this unexplained hodgson hype coming out of? The guy's been brutal since being acquired by the sabres and has done nothing outside of being a defense liability and having awful negative plus+minus stat. I mean even some sabres fans are getting tired with his deficiencies and weak strength along the boards.

He's not a gamechanging clutch goal scorer that people are protraying him to be.
problem is , he did have alot of GTG , a few GWG , and even a couple that put the canucks into the game

which is where peoples arguments stem from , but if you look at when the race for spots tightened his point totals shrunk.

he is physcially not built for the playoffs , does not have the size or speed but yet because of those goals hes seen as some kind of clutch player

he really isnt , yet atleast

Old
03-19-2012, 11:09 PM
opendoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
what excuses do you have for not having a 3rd line goal for the rest of the season ?

The 3rd line has generated 4 ES goals in 9 games since the trade. That's barely less than what Hodgson's line generated this season (they were about .5 G/G IIRC).

Old
03-19-2012, 11:09 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDizzle View Post
I don't agree with the idea that AV will be gone if we don't make the WCF and I even think he sticks around for all of next season barring a huge collapse.
I just think there's going to be a big change if we don't get to the WCF. If not AV then something else, but I don't think Gillis will be content to just sit and wait while leaving the whole core as it is.

As I said, nothing against AV. I think he's doing a good job.

Old
03-19-2012, 11:10 PM
KDizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
Does anyone else think burrows is better on the 3rd, the question is for me who plays with the sedins.

I just felt burrows had new life on the 3rd, and when he was back with the sedins again they had nothing tonight.

I think the question for me is who plays with the sedins going forward.
It wasn't just Burrows. The Sedins reverted to their "pass along the boards with nobody going to the net" ways. Yes, Burrows is the one who usually gets there, but the puck often died on the half boards when it got intercepted.

And it didn't help that Hank couldn't seem to get a handle on the puck tonight.

They're struggling with confidence, and they're forcing things as a unit.

The plus side, the 1 PP we had looked dangerous.
I think this is where the chemistry and confidence needs to come back.

Old
03-19-2012, 11:11 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDizzle View Post
It wasn't just Burrows. The Sedins reverted to their "pass along the boards with nobody going to the net" ways. Yes, Burrows is the one who usually gets there, but the puck often died on the half boards when it got intercepted.

And it didn't help that Hank couldn't seem to get a handle on the puck tonight.

They're struggling with confidence, and they're forcing things as a unit.

The plus side, the 1 PP we had looked dangerous.
I think this is where the chemistry and confidence needs to come back.
It's a concern, outside of 5 games against the bottom feeders (MIN, EDM, TOR, and CBJ), they only have 11 points in the past 28 games. AV needs to get them going ASAP and I'm not really sure how.

Old
03-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Cool Hand Goof*

Quote:
Does anyone else think burrows is better on the 3rd,

I just felt burrows had new life on the 3rd, and when he was back with the sedins again they had nothing tonight.

afmasflsaofas

what?

a tight game that was 1-0 till the final seconds really makes you think burrows cant play with the sedins? how about back to back hattricks bud

swear some of you got the memory of a fruit fly

Old
03-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Carl Carlson

Quote:

Kassian for a game or two? Maybe Higgins but I'd rather keep the 2nd line intact.

Old
03-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Cool Hand Goof*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF23 View Post
...Again...

Goals since trade deadline:

Pahlsson - 1
Hodgson - 0
dont use facts to argue with idiots

use fire

Old
Bieksallent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I just think there's going to be a big change if we don't get to the WCF. If not AV then something else, but I don't think Gillis will be content to just sit and wait while leaving the whole core as it is.

It's tough to really change the key personnel amongst the players because of the NTCs and NMCs. I wonder if he got a tempting deal whether or not he'd pull a Holmgren and trade Kesler before his NTC kicked in? That'd be ruthless though I guess it's his right with how the clause was structured.

Old
KDizzle

Quote:

Absolutely.

But I think that'll be a roster move before it's a coaching move.
Our D has looked suspect, so I'm guessing this is where most of the attention will go this offseason... even if we make it deep into the playoffs.

Old
03-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool Hand Goof View Post
afmasflsaofas

what?

a tight game that was 1-0 till the final seconds really makes you think burrows cant play with the sedins? how about back to back hattricks bud

swear some of you got the memory of a fruit fly
Wow no need for insults, im just saying this last while he has not been jiving with sedins, i am not discussing past accomplishments, he has been playing extremely well on the 3rd...prior to that he had been struggling with the sedins now tonight he did not have a great night with the sedins again.

If you think he needs more time thats fine, i can see that, but no need to get offended and insult. I feel with him on our 3rd he gives us 3 dangerous lines, and if the sedins need a change of scenery, and can play with someone else, it would only benefit us. Burrows can play anywhere imo.

Last edited by Orca Smash: 03-19-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old
AvantiCanada*

Quote:

He is in right in that Gillis does have other options. One of Schneider or Luongo and Raymond most likely will be traded. That will represent a big enough change as it is.

Old
ProstheticConscience
Uber-Koenig

Well, looks like I picked a good game to work through and not watch.

Old
03-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carlson View Post
Kassian for a game or two? Maybe Higgins but I'd rather keep the 2nd line intact.
I wouldnt be opposed to trying any of that.

With burrows on the 3rd my thinking is we have 3 lines that can score again, if we can find someone to play with the sedins.

Old
03-19-2012, 11:19 PM
B-rock

Quote:

Exactly, I was just going to say this.

Burrows is infinitely better on the 3rd right now. He's doing nothing at all on the 1st line. They were just as effective, if not more, with Raymond on there. And I'm not a Raymond lover.

With Burrows on the 3rd with Hansen and Paulson, that line was actually a presence. Malhotra is done like dinner and shouldn't be on the ice for the rest of this season, playoffs included. He may be able to get his game back on track in the offseason, but as it stands, he is a big detriment. Look what happened once he came back, the 3rd line was hemmed and didn't generate a thing. Hansen looked neutered again. With Burrows, the 3rd line can be a fantastic 2 way line, checking hard as well as creating offence. It's a no brainer. Pretty obvious that MG at least has little confidence in his play. Otherwise, why go and get the same type of player in Paulson? Shouldn't that be Manny's role? 3rd/4th line centre? It's obvious he can't get it done and is costing the team at this point, IMO.

Put Bitz back on the Sedin line, put Raymond on there, who cares, it doesn't seem to matter at this point, they aren't doing much anyways. At least with Raymond there were some opportunities. Burrows on the 3rd spreads the offence around. Suddenly you have 3 lines that are going again instead of 1 maybe 2 in the twins and the Amex line.

Bieksa is in a downward spiral at the moment. Ugh. Perhaps that fight was needed to shake him out of his stupor.

I really hope this team can get some type of sandpaper, **** disturber, type guy that can play next year. Probably a pipe dream, but they need someone that will wake them up in these types of games. Chris Neil in Ottawa the other day went out and fought to get his team going. Canucks at this moment have no one willing to do that, and they just sort of sleepwalk through these games.

Old
03-19-2012, 11:20 PM
FloydTheBarber

Well I guess this marks the end of the Raymond scratch era. Look for him to get quality first line minutes from here on out.

AV logic.

Old
03-19-2012, 11:21 PM
M A K A V E L I*

Here's the Dr. Recchi video. Watch until the end.

Old
03-19-2012, 11:23 PM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A K A V E L I View Post
Here's the Dr. Recchi video. Watch until the end.

hahhahaha

Old
03-19-2012, 11:23 PM
orcatown

That was terrible Wild team and still the Canucks played to a stand still. Hopefully some people are just going through the motions and can pick it up but right now you have to wonder about this team. Canucks mis-handled the puck all over the ice

The Good

Schneider - Canucks wasted a very good effort by Schneider

Booth - good hustle , looked dangerous - why he wasn't out with the goalie pulled is anyone's guess. Certainly looked the most likely to score.

The Bad

Edler - bobbled the puck a lot again and messed up some promising chances. Just not smooth with t puck right now.

Phalsson - looked like a plug out there. Needs to skate better than that to be effective. Thought Malhotra and Hansen were contributing but Phalsson never seemed to be up in the play and really couldn't move anyone off the puck in his own zone. Phalsson is a hard one to grade b/c its his job to tie up with people but tonight both on and off the puck. but tonight he was losing too many of those battles and never could get on the offense at all even when others created chances to do so.

Gragnani -Mkaes play here and there but overall his play so static . Skates to spot and stops, skates another spot and stops. Good example is when the puck got deep in the Wild end and the Wild players dropped down below the dots to defend. Rather than move in and take advantage of the space, Gragnani stayed firmly right back at the blue line. Also stays very wide in the offensive zone when the puck is on the opposite side. Seen Buffalo do this and this might be a learnt thing. Still Gragnani needs to adjust better than this and it seems to point out the lack of instinct or intuition in Gragnani game. Would say, at this point, that Buffalo makes out better on the Gragnani - Sulzer aspect of the deal. Sulzer has provided excellent service to Buffalo while Gragnani's arrival has coincided, and IMO contributed to, the general down turn in the Canucks' efforts.

Weise - is useless and has been most of the season. Contributes zero on offense and making dreadful turnovers in his own end. Feel happy at this point if he can just get the puck out of his end. Very little direction in his play and has not enough of physical component to offset his terrible skill set. Has been given a season to improve his play and hasn't done. Absolute baggage and years from now people will wonder how this guy got a full season in the NHL.

The Ugly

Rome - loses any speed at all and he just too slow. Made a miserable effort on the goal and in general couldn't keep up. Ended up making lots of long lob passes from his end to get the puck out and couldn't challenge at the blue line without getting beat so just backed in on everything. Painful to watch at times

Thoughts

Malhotra was better but still so little strength in his play. Problem here is that the Canucks need more of a physical element in their play. You can go with Malhotra and use what he does bring if you had strength elsewhere in your lineup to compensate. The Canucks could really use a hard-nosed third line winger. Phalsson and Malhotra are kind of redundant.

Almost a given the reffing will be awful. I guess refs like the players get worn down and just want the night off. In many cases miles away from the play and seemingly see less than almost any one in the rink. (like the slash on Kesler). League is an on-going joke as far as officiating goes.

Sedins were better but lacked much finish.

Old
03-19-2012, 11:25 PM
canuck4life16
It what it is-mccann

vCash: 576
I think I leave CDC for good....it awful when luongo haters uses stats to compare him and schneider it so annoying that I have enough.......I think here is much better

Old
03-19-2012, 11:27 PM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck4life16 View Post
I think I leave CDC for good....it awful when luongo haters uses stats to compare him and schneider it so annoying that I have enough.......I think here is much better
Confused?

CDC is a gold mine for lou and his fans there are tons on there.

People are a lot nicer here, but i dont think there is any lou prefrence over schneider here. Respectable of both, but people also want to see schneider given a chance.

I dont mean to say it either, but schneider save percentage is 1 point behind henrik lunqdvist, 3rd in the league. That deserves praise. If lou had those numbers right now he would deserve praise to and i have a feeling you would not be opposed to that.

I dont think lou deserves bashing though...

I actually left cdc when i seen a huge thread with a bunch of support claiming people could not wait for schneider to be traded... this was a few weeks ago, it had a ton of plus's to, over 30.

Last edited by Orca Smash: 03-19-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old
03-20-2012, 12:22 AM
Zanon

I just want the playoffs to start already. It's pretty clear that the team is just going through motions that is the stretch drive right now. It is possible that these habits could transfer over, but I'd hope by now they'd know what it takes to make the Finals.

Or they simply could just be gassed and what we see is what we get.

Last edited by Zanon: 03-20-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old
03-20-2012, 12:23 AM
KISSland

I'm glad I didn't miss much after the first period. Watched a little bit at the restaurant, but my view was obstructed. Oh well. Seems like a poor effort all around.

I think we'll win in Chicago.

Old
03-20-2012, 12:24 AM
monster_bertuzzi

^One thing that tells me they are coasting and conserving energy is the games against Boston, Detroit, and St,Louis when we looked very good.

Hopefully they boys are loading up the batteries right now and are ready to kick ass for the playoffs, but I worry you cant just flip a switch.

Old
03-20-2012, 12:26 AM
OgoBoHo

vCash: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProstheticConscience View Post
Well, looks like I picked a good game to work through and not watch.
I watched half the first and went to a BCHL game instead. Happy I did.

Closed Thread