HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Caps @ Wings Mar 19, 2012 at 7:30 PM ET

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-19-2012, 12:56 PM
  #26
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,902
vCash: 500
Howard starting for Wings, Lidstrom, Helm, Franzen, Eaves out.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:01 PM
  #27
tycoonheart
Registered User
 
tycoonheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,292
vCash: 500
#Caps spokesman says Nicklas Backstrom skated about 40-45 minutes today at Kettler. Seventh straight day on ice.

tycoonheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:06 PM
  #28
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass
 
Mr Gone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,528
vCash: 500
I fear the Caps are going to be a slump buster for with Wings tonight. We are just what the Dr ordered.

Mr Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:06 PM
  #29
strungout
Professional Killer
 
strungout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 29,276
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
#Caps spokesman says Nicklas Backstrom skated about 40-45 minutes today at Kettler. Seventh straight day on ice.

strungout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:09 PM
  #30
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
At this point I would settle for some obvious leadership out of the gentleperson who wears the C for the Caps. Getting in front of cameras or reporters and taking the bull by the horns. Proclaim performances like last night will no longer be tolerated. Or state practices off and optional skates are no longer going to cut it. And then lead by example.

This team is teetering on the brink. Its time for its Captain to do more than score a highlight reel goal when the team is already down 4-1. Thats what I want.
C'mon man, did you want him to score another 3 last night? Sure, so did i... but where is the rest of the team? As much as i defend Semin here I haven't seen him do **** (besides Boston game) in a few weeks now. To be honest, i cant say i've seen consistent effort out of anyone this season... sputtering performances here and there, thats about it... and as far as getting in front of the reporters, we already have one mouthpiece who does that and not much more... it rhymes with "like".

Like i said in previous GDT WTF happen to this team? Did we trade the heart with Gordo, Bradley, Steckel, Flush and Hannan?

I miss BB...

Vladiator16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:16 PM
  #31
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,647
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Frankly I'm surprised anyone skated. Late flight on the overnight of a back-to-back? I'd take my chances with the extra rest vs. the extra ice.

Halpern in tonight, probably for Ward, according to TEB.
Considering the Boys had the day off to rest prior to the Chicago game it seems rest hasn't done them any good.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:17 PM
  #32
Brian23
Registered User
 
Brian23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,032
vCash: 500
Aye, the only reason I think those guys showed up is they expect/fighting to get in on the game.

Brian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:22 PM
  #33
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
#Caps spokesman says Nicklas Backstrom skated about 40-45 minutes today at Kettler. Seventh straight day on ice.
Our savior!

The one who will make our wrongs, right!

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:24 PM
  #34
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 15,012
vCash: 500
We should save Backstrom's return for round two or three. We're still getting a huge boost from Green's return and I expect that to continue for some time.

BrooklynCapsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:26 PM
  #35
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,413
vCash: 500

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:26 PM
  #36
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: derderderderderderde
Country: Sao Tome e Principe
Posts: 12,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
We should save Backstrom's return for round two or three.
It's a little early for an April Fools joke.

IkeaMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:30 PM
  #37
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 9,647
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
C'mon man, did you want him to score another 3 last night? Sure, so did i... but where is the rest of the team? As much as i defend Semin here I haven't seen him do **** (besides Boston game) in a few weeks now. To be honest, i cant say i've seen consistent effort out of anyone this season... sputtering performances here and there, thats about it... and as far as getting in front of the reporters, we already have one mouthpiece who does that and not much more... it rhymes with "like".

Like i said in previous GDT WTF happen to this team? Did we trade the heart with Gordo, Bradley, Steckel, Flush and Hannan?

I miss BB...
I could give a **** how many goals he scores at this point. I just want a Captain that takes charge in the locker room and with the media and sets the tone for the team on and off the ice. Instead of seeing the team play like crap and reading quote after quote from players saying "I don't know why we come out flat" or "I don't know why we start slow". There should be one voice at this point, OV's voice.

WetHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:33 PM
  #38
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
Our savior!

The one who will make our wrongs, right!
Obviously not all of it, but at least some... I'm so ****ing tired of this dump and chase BS. We cant enter the o-zone with a puck so we keep dumping it in, if only we could win any 1 on1 battles, but thats obviously not the case... we dump it in to no one in particular then chase it, lose the puck, skate back and try to take the puck away for a moment and then dump it out again... rinse and repeat... Its like we are so weak in the middle thats the only thing we can do and hope that once in a while the opposition makes a mistake and we get one in... sickening...

Vladiator16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:33 PM
  #39
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
We should save Backstrom's return for round two or three. We're still getting a huge boost from Green's return and I expect that to continue for some time.
Not necessary. The Caps will advance to the Cup finals on the back of Joel Ward.

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:42 PM
  #40
Carlzner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boulder, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 10,864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
Howard starting for Wings, Lidstrom, Helm, Franzen, Eaves out.

We'll still lose...

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:44 PM
  #41
G3 LesPaul
Registered User
 
G3 LesPaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post


So sad and so true

G3 LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:45 PM
  #42
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
I could give a **** how many goals he scores at this point. I just want a Captain that takes charge in the locker room and with the media and sets the tone for the team on and off the ice. Instead of seeing the team play like crap and reading quote after quote from players saying "I don't know why we come out flat" or "I don't know why we start slow". There should be one voice at this point, OV's voice.
I guess there is truth to what you are saying... but don't you think goal like last night, even at 4 to 2 should've light some fire under the team ass, just a little bit, just like in NYI game? 25 minutes is enough time to do something... But no... we kept doing the same thing, dumping it in and losing majority of 1 on 1s and board battles, no urgency, no speed thru neutral zone (obviously there are no centers on this team) like we were ahead or something...

Vladiator16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:46 PM
  #43
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
We should save Backstrom's return for round two or three. We're still getting a huge boost from Green's return and I expect that to continue for some time.

Vladiator16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:51 PM
  #44
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,086
vCash: 500
7-1 Wings. Carlson -6

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:52 PM
  #45
tycoonheart
Registered User
 
tycoonheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
At this point I would settle for some obvious leadership out of the gentleperson who wears the C for the Caps. Getting in front of cameras or reporters and taking the bull by the horns. Proclaim performances like last night will no longer be tolerated. Or state practices off and optional skates are no longer going to cut it. And then lead by example.

This team is teetering on the brink. Its time for its Captain to do more than score a highlight reel goal when the team is already down 4-1. Thats what I want.
If the team doesn't respond to their captain scoring one of the most beautiful goals all season at a time they needed it, then there is something wrong with the mentality of his teammates.

Ovi can try to be like Laich and say the right stuff in front of the camera all he wants, his teammates won't respond.

tycoonheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:55 PM
  #46
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,086
vCash: 500
Or it could be that they're not responding because he's no longer the right choice? I hope I'm wrong, but you can't look at things so simplistically.

What's more likely, one guy being wrong, or the whole team?

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 01:58 PM
  #47
ChibiPooky
Moderator
Yay hockey!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Fairfax, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 9,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Or it could be that they're not responding because he's no longer the right choice? I hope I'm wrong, but you can't look at things so simplistically.

What's more likely, one guy being wrong, or the whole team?
In this case it could be both

ChibiPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 02:02 PM
  #48
Vladiator16
R.I.P - Loko.
 
Vladiator16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,675
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
Or it could be that they're not responding because he's no longer the right choice? I hope I'm wrong, but you can't look at things so simplistically.

What's more likely, one guy being wrong, or the whole team?
Whats more likely is that we did not address the biggest issue that we had - center/s, and now we are stuck playing the system that we don't have personal or know how to do it properly.

Vladiator16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 02:03 PM
  #49
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,086
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
In this case it could be both
Oh that's the angle I believe. It's the entire roster, the leadership, etc....

Big picture.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 02:03 PM
  #50
Atlas
Registered User
 
Atlas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 3,252
vCash: 500
The Caps are very short on talent. Our only chance in Detroit is if Ovie and Semin go into God Mode. A tall order with Beagle, MP and whoever else at C.

Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.