HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Electronic Dance Music Thread PT. II

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 12:45 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean Ralphio View Post
W&W's new track. Hardwell's been dropping it in his sets for a few months, but it was just recently released and is already number 1 on Beatport.

They've been coming out with some solid stuff lately. I also saw them a few weeks ago at Marquee in Vegas, they were very good.
They've been putting lout a ot of good music lately. Probably my favorite producers right now. Tonight on the ASOT 600 stream they played a great set.

On a different note, I saw Above and Beyond here yesterday and it was pretty good. The venues here need better work hiring people going on before them.. Going dubstep, to trap, to above and beyond is terrible.

Also, looks like I may be going to ultra this year depending on if my brother agrees to go. Looks like 1000 bucks combined for the whole travel and tickets

Old
02-17-2013, 12:46 AM
Krishna

Armin van buuren going live now for 2 hours
Dash berlin is on for 75 mins afterwards

Old
02-17-2013, 03:25 AM
Benny Lava

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort Divine View Post
Anyone know anything similar to the field's from here we go sublime
That's a pretty unique album, I can't say I've heard anything that instantly comes to mind as similar. Maybe try Gui Boratto - Chromophobia or Shed - Shedding The Past, or even Tycho - Dive.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:49 AM
heutZe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Lava View Post
That's a pretty unique album, I can't say I've heard anything that instantly comes to mind as similar. Maybe try Gui Boratto - Chromophobia or Shed - Shedding The Past, or even Tycho - Dive.
Loooove Shed!

Last two tracks under his Wax-alias!

Old
02-17-2013, 07:07 PM
awfulwaffle

I belive it's an EDM song, but when I was at a Coyotes game, quite a few people in the stands were taking both hands and waving it in front of their face. Does anyone know of this song?

Old
02-17-2013, 07:11 PM
awfulwaffle

Also, I'm looking for sick drops. If you are reading this thread, you know what I mean. I'm basing this question off of Babylong. One of the sickest drops I have heard in the past few years, and it was a big staple for the EDM world.

Seriously, that drop just makes me turn to jelly. (Drop is at 1:11, lead up starts about :55)

To me, drops are the best part about this genre of music. The song gets you pumped as it is, but an amazing drop just gets you going nuts.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:57 PM
The Dayvan Cowboy
Registered Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Also, I'm looking for sick drops. If you are reading this thread, you know what I mean. I'm basing this question off of Babylong. One of the sickest drops I have heard in the past few years, and it was a big staple for the EDM world.

Seriously, that drop just makes me turn to jelly. (Drop is at 1:11, lead up starts about :55)

To me, drops are the best part about this genre of music. The song gets you pumped as it is, but an amazing drop just gets you going nuts.

Not the best drop perse, but the combination of the buildup (1:40) and the drop (~2:20) is one of my favorites.

Also, this is fantastic if you like D&B. I can't find the version my friend gave me on Youtube or Soundcloud though, so this one will have to do. Just listen from the start.

Last edited by The Dayvan Cowboy: 02-17-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old
02-17-2013, 09:29 PM
awfulwaffle

I loved the Deftones song. The whole song, not just the portions you mentioned. Sick beat all around.

I'm not a huge D&B fan. Song was good, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:31 AM
Finnpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by heutZe View Post
Read about him on Resident Advisor. Looks like a real techno DJ heard he's pretty good too!
He rocked the place

Old
02-18-2013, 03:30 AM
heutZe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
He rocked the place
Good to hear!

Was planning to go to Oslo this weekend, to see Kerri Chandler, Todd Terje and Barker & Baumecker, however some schoolwork came up so had to cancel it :\

Definetly going there this easter though. Levon Vincent is the only one booket so far, but that's good enough for me. More names will come though.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:54 AM
Krishna

mmmm

Old
02-18-2013, 03:34 PM
Benny Lava

Old
02-24-2013, 05:43 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle* View Post

As far as crazy drops

Anything by Alvaro, this in particular

and some others

Crazy drop, Otto Knows used it in his haunted coliseum set.

This is a classic banger from the past year or so

Old
02-25-2013, 02:30 AM
KillerWhale

This guy kills it

Old
02-25-2013, 06:43 AM
heutZe

Quote:
Originally Posted by heutZe View Post
Definetly going there this easter though. Levon Vincent is the only one booket so far, but that's good enough for me. More names will come though.
Speaking of......

IMO the best track released so far this year! Unique sound, yet very catchy. Shame that it is only avalible on vinyl at the moment...

Old
02-25-2013, 10:44 AM
kyle evs48
No words needed

Old
02-26-2013, 01:18 PM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Anyone going to any of the SHM shows in NYC? They start with their black ties raves thursday, friday at MSG, then saturday, sunday, monday at Barclays. I'll be at barclays monday.

Old
02-26-2013, 06:01 PM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
Anyone going to any of the SHM shows in NYC? They start with their black ties raves thursday, friday at MSG, then saturday, sunday, monday at Barclays. I'll be at barclays monday.
I thought about it but I'd want floor seats and the price is ridiculous

Old
02-26-2013, 06:03 PM
heutZe

Pampa Records has been on fire in the past months. These two tracks are amongst the best electronic works released lately.

Old
02-27-2013, 12:37 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
been mellowing out to this the last few days

Old
02-27-2013, 07:48 PM
Birko19

I used to listen to Trance/House back in the late 90's/early 2000's when it used to be at its peak. I tried to give today's stuff a try and I was not impressed. So then I typed Drum n Bass on youtube one day while I was working (Despite not being a fan of it back in the day), and ended up hearing the mix in the video posted below. WOW, this is what music evolution should be like. This stuff blows anything out of the water as far as Electronic music goes these days:

Old
02-27-2013, 09:28 PM
Benny Lava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko19 View Post
I used to listen to Trance/House back in the late 90's/early 2000's when it used to be at its peak. I tried to give today's stuff a try and I was not impressed. So then I typed Drum n Bass on youtube one day while I was working (Despite not being a fan of it back in the day), and ended up hearing the mix in the video posted below. WOW, this is what music evolution should be like. This stuff blows anything out of the water as far as Electronic music goes these days:

No offense or anything but that mix is 90% entry level liquid funk, stuff that people who listened to DnB back in the late 90s/early 00s tend to dislike. I like a lot of it, I just found it ironic considering the way you prefaced the video.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Birko19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Lava View Post
No offense or anything but that mix is 90% entry level liquid funk, stuff that people who listened to DnB back in the late 90s/early 00s tend to dislike. I like a lot of it, I just found it ironic considering the way you prefaced the video.
Well DnB from what I understand is quite a deep genre and Liquid Funk just happens to be the sub-genre of it that I enjoy the most. Perhaps because it's kind of Trance-like theme with a DnB beat. Back when I was younger and I used to go to clubs, it was a different story. Now that I don't do that anymore, I just find this kind of music to be more sophisticated than your typical club music.

I also enjoy artists such as Boards of Canada, Röyksopp, Aphex Twin, etc. If I am listening to a world class Trance DJ's, it's certainly not the likes of Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, etc. But rather someone like Sasha. I know I'm using the term Trance loosely here, but I'm generally talking about Trance/House/Techno and their sub-genres.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:49 PM
Benny Lava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birko19 View Post
Well DnB from what I understand is quite a deep genre and Liquid Funk just happens to be the sub-genre of it that I enjoy the most. Perhaps because it's kind of Trance-like theme with a DnB beat. Back when I was younger and I used to go to clubs, it was a different story. Now that I don't do that anymore, I just find this kind of music to be more sophisticated than your typical club music.
Depends on what you consider "typical club music" but yeah, I can understand that.

I also enjoy artists such as Boards of Canada, Röyksopp, Aphex Twin, etc. If I am listening to a world class Trance DJ's, it's certainly not the likes of Tiesto, Armin Van Buuren, etc. But rather someone like Sasha. I know I'm using the term Trance loosely here, but I'm generally talking about Trance/House/Techno and their sub-genres.[/QUOTE]

I feel like there's plenty of new trance you'd enjoy. Basil O'Glue, Airwave, Eco, Solarstone's new stuff, maybe even some psy stuff like Astrix or Neelix.

Old
02-28-2013, 01:12 PM
7th Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins Stooge View Post
Went to SHM last night in MTL. Show is absolutely sick!

Closed Thread