HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Lucic pounds Komisarek once again

Old
03-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Eytinge

vCash: 500
I think he was hoping the ref would hold him back some more, lol.

Gotta give him props though for having a pair.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:39 PM
I Am Beat You

I think Komisarek thought the linesman wouldn't let it happen so he did the "let me at him" act and it blew up in his face. Nice to see Lucic pound on him once again.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:42 PM
MadLuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReimerForPM View Post
Ehhhh, does this really deserve a thread?
Yes for sure, big story between those 2, that was making thread on non hockey forum in montreal.

MadLuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:43 PM
canadiansbronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segchise View Post
Yeah and those guys wouldn't stand a chance against Mike Tyson or Muhammed Ali. Let's try again with guys who are actual hockey players this time, not healthy scratches for the most part.
You bruins fan need to stop with this excuse, when Lucic acts like he is the toughest guy in the world sucker punching people,hitting anything that moves cleanely or dirty,jawing off and fighting all the time you excpect him to fight anybody even the goons that are healthy scratch most of the time because he acts like one...

canadiansbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:50 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Too bad its been so long.. almost 3 years.

One of the best player vs. player rivalries post lockout.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Mynameismark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Just watched the fight again Thornton went in strong and all Laraque did at the end was noogies

no one won

BGL = overrated

um, Thornton did nothing! BGL was throwing punches, he slips, gets back up and continues throwing while Shawn tries to get in tight and tie him up, but he cant match BGL's power.

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:45 AM
Lobster57
aestimandis aeternum

I'm just going to leave this here.

Komisarek, Orr and Laraque have a combined 78 goals in 1581 games.
Lucic has 87 goals in 348 career games.

And a cup.

Lobster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:59 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster57 View Post
I'm just going to leave this here.

Komisarek, Orr and Laraque have a combined 78 goals in 1581 games.
Lucic has 87 goals in 348 career games.

And a cup.
His goal totals and cup ring are relevant to his fighting how again?

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:06 AM
Lobster57
aestimandis aeternum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Just think its funny when leaf and hab fans trot out Orr and BGL vs. a guy who can play the game at a level those guys would have wet dreams about.

Lobster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:06 AM
Grasshopperking
Oh salad days

Quote:
It proves that while he can score and win, the other players mentioned have but ONE skill.

Grasshopperking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:27 AM
Man Bear Pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster57 View Post
Just think its funny when leaf and hab fans trot out Orr and BGL vs. a guy who can play the game at a level those guys would have wet dreams about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopperking View Post
It proves that while he can score and win, the other players mentioned have but ONE skill.
When you have Bruins fans constantly up on their high horse they SHOULD be reminded that the guy isn't invincible. You can talk all you want about him being a more complete player but these threads are about fights, everything else should be a non-factor really.

Man Bear Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:23 AM
bostone737

komi really doesn't like lucic, unfortunately for him, lucic is always much obliged

starting to think komisarek has a death wish

bostone737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:28 AM
bostone737

lulz, i really do like brickly, "not sure he really wanted to get by the linesman, but he did"

bostone737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 06:26 AM
Charlie Spazway

Quote:
When you have Bruins fans constantly up on their high horse they SHOULD be reminded that the guy isn't invincible. You can talk all you want about him being a more complete player but these threads are about fights, everything else should be a non-factor really.
Thats fine I guess but can we talk about people currently in the league? BGL & Orr??? really?

Charlie Spazway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 06:54 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
The real funny part is Leafs fans calling Komisarek "Ballsy" for going up against Boston's top line, 30+ goal winger and getting not only his ass kicked each and every time, but his life and career rearranged in the process while at the same time thinking they're putting Boston fans in their place by pointing out that Lucic lost one fight against one of the better enforcers (and worse hockey players) of the decade. Losing that one fight doesn't change his game, his mindset, or his willingness to dust it up physically and you only need look at this Komisarek/Lucic rivalry to see that. BGL didn't prevent Komisarek from getting his face punched in. Lucic will go with literally anyone.

So in short.... Ooooo, got us there.

Just to hammer home this point, Lucic is one of the most intimidating players out there... check the player polls if you don't believe me (you won't see Orr's name there btw). He'll go with the lug heads of the league, the guys who do nothing but fight and he'd put in a good showing at the age of 22. Out of the skill guys that can fight he's near (if not at) the top of the class. He's getting bigger, meaner, and becoming a better fighter all while being quite capable of dropping 25 - 30 goals a season. Meanwhile, guys like Orr are going extinct mainly because guys like Lucic, Clowe, and Clarkson exist.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:02 AM
pigpen65

The even bigger disgrace than Komisarek is Jack Edwards. Nerdy little twirp. Can't even imagine how many times that weakling got the Komisarek treatment growing up.

pigpen65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:13 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
The real funny part is Leafs fans calling Komisarek "Ballsy" for going up against Boston's top line, 30+ goal winger and getting not only his ass kicked each and every time, but his life and career rearranged in the process while at the same time thinking they're putting Boston fans in their place by pointing out that Lucic lost one fight against one of the better enforcers (and worse hockey players) of the decade. Losing that one fight doesn't change his game, his mindset, or his willingness to dust it up physically and you only need look at this Komisarek/Lucic rivalry to see that. BGL didn't prevent Komisarek from getting his face punched in. Lucic will go with literally anyone.

Just to hammer home this point, Lucic is one of the most intimidating players out there... check the player polls if you don't believe me (you won't see Orr's name there btw). He'll go with the lug heads of the league, the guys who do nothing but fight and he'd put in a good showing at the age of 22. Out of the skill guys that can fight he's near (if not at) the top of the class. He's getting bigger, meaner, and becoming a better fighter all while being quite capable of dropping 25 - 30 goals a season. Meanwhile, guys like Orr are going extinct mainly because guys like Lucic, Clowe, and Clarkson exist.
Well said. I knew before I opened this thread I'd read about Orr & BGL

I'd love to see angry Lucic get a rematch with Orr, thats if he ever makes it out of the minors.

I think it's funny komi gets 'credit' for fighting Lucic, but Looch gets no credit for going with Orr...who he was hanging with until he got his nose busted.

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:18 AM
Mansfield
possession obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
Well said. I knew before I opened this thread I'd read about Orr & BGL

I'd love to see angry Lucic get a rematch with Orr, thats if he ever makes it out of the minors.

I think it's funny komi gets 'credit' for fighting Lucic, but Looch gets no credit for going with Orr...who he was hanging with until he got his nose busted.
Lucic does get credit for going with Orr. At least from me.

I give credit to any player who fights anyone.

Mansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Perrah

Quote:

I dont think you know what literal means since people are talking about a time where he literally didnt fight someone and would rather gaze into the ceiling of an arena instead of acknowledge the guy.

Perrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Ari91

Komisarek got pounded real good. If I'm going to be nice about it, at least he got a couple of hooks in, though you barely noticed them with all of the jabs Lucic was getting in.

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Oates2Neely

Im 6'2" 240lbs,, heck I'd never 'go' with Orr,, he's a beast. Takes knads to fight a guy who's ONLY job is to fight! Orr is a tough man, too bad he sucked as a hockey player. Burke needs a David Clarkson on his roster.. Drop the Orr/ Rosehill scrubs

Oates2Neely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:34 AM
NiL8r87

Quote:

And I suppose you were one of the ones calling Komisarek "scared" to fight him again.

NiL8r87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:43 AM
twominute

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Lucic got the first punch in with the glove on.
Hence the extra two for roughing. Its ok though, the Leafs had no shots on the PP.

twominute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:44 AM
acor

Bashing Lucic or Komi is really unfair here...Tooo much hatred between 2 fanbases.

Listen- Komi just went against toughest guy in league. He knew odds are against him, but he went it anyway.

As for Lucic/Orr... Who the hell is Orr ? Can he play hockey ? Why the name "Orr"is even mentioned here ? If I was a Leafs fan, I'd prefer to see Komisarek fighting and losing than Orr fighting and winning. Enforcers is a dead breed and luckily will be gone in few years. Before The Great Wimp...I mean The Great One, there were hardly any enforcers, and even the biggest stars were supposed to fight their own battles. Presence of Orr wouldn't make Leafs tough. Being "protected" by some ape doesn't make you tough. Fighting your own battles does.

acor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:44 AM
cashman rules*

Quote:
You know what else was fun to watch? Lucic hiding behind the linesmen because Orr blew his nose up. What goes around comes around. Did anyone actually expect Komi to win this fight?
Concussed and done,Lucic would destroy Orr just like Eggy and Parros did.

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote