HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Lucic pounds Komisarek once again

Old
03-20-2012, 08:45 AM
The Kid

vCash: 500
The whole thing was just strange to me. I don't even think the Leafs had a shot on goal at that point, the game was very lopsided, there was not a ton of physical play in terms of people flying around, and the particular play was not some hotly contested deal.

Lucic was coming down the boards like he does all the time, and the deal is that the defenseman either backs off, or tries to squeeze the play out and stall it out forcing the puck down the boards but stopping Lucic. That was it. The hit was not even that big, and nothing that Lucic took offense to, so much so that he was skating away.

And then Komi cross checks him.... and starts the whole thing, but even when he had a chance to stop, he kept going past the linesman. So this was NOT Komi "standing up" to Lucic, the play was over. This was Komi being stupid in my mind.

There is a difference between standing your ground, and starting a fight. There was no ground to stand there, it was over, and Lucic was certainly not engaged. Komi started it and instead of "pumping up his team", he got his head smashed. That is why I don't give him credit. If Lucic had cross checked him after the play, and the results were the same, I would totally give Komi credit and actually would have a little disdain for Lucic for pressing a fight against a guy he has beaten before in a game that was getting out of hand in his team's favor.

The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrah View Post
I dont think you know what literal means since people are talking about a time where he literally didnt fight someone and would rather gaze into the ceiling of an arena instead of acknowledge the guy.
I don't think you know what common sense is. Quite often a player doesn't oblige another for a plethora of reasons including momentum, and mandates from the coach. Do you honestly think he'd willingly go with someone like Orr, or Carkner or any other heavy out there and then purposely shy away from a BGL type at the end of his career? Orr is more intimidating then BGL, BGL is rather nice and follows a code. Orr more often then not broke things.

Add to that it was well noted that Julien specifically told Lucic (20 years old at the time btw) not to fight the otherwise very useless Laraque. Had Laraque just dropped them you can be sure Lucic would have went, but his hand wasn't forced. Lucic was staring at the ceiling while Laraque was ever so politely asking him if he wouldn't mind fighting him, yes, no doubt thinking "my god this guy is a moron".

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseV87 View Post
And I suppose you were one of the ones calling Komisarek "scared" to fight him again.
I don't think anyone expected this honestly, and I honestly don't remember Komisarek doing anything of note since they last fought that would make me thing "Komisarek better answer the bell when Lucic comes calling", so no, that wouldn't have been me.

There is a fine line between courage and stupidity, and Komisarek imo crossed it. Guy needs to get back to playing hockey, hitting, blocking shots and most importantly being solid positionally. Not worrying about getting his team going by beating someone up with his face.

Last edited by Kaoz: 03-20-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Kaoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:47 AM
C77

The look on Komisarek's face when he skated to the penalty box says it all.

C77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
I don't think you know what common sense is. Quite often a player doesn't oblige another for a plethora of reasons including momentum, and mandates from the coach. Do you honestly think he'd willingly go with someone like Orr, or Carkner or any other heavy out there and then purposely shy away from BGL at the end of his career?

Add to that it was well noted that Julien specifically told Lucic (20 years old at the time btw) not to fight the otherwise very useless Laraque. Had Laraque just dropped them you can be sure Lucic would have went, but his hand wasn't forced. Lucic was staring at the ceiling while Laraque was ever so politely asking him if he wouldn't mind fighting him, yes, no doubt thinking "my god this guy is a moron".

I saw Rosehill challenge McQuaid last night, McQuaid declined....does anyone think McQuaid was afraid?

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:57 AM
CamFan81
Derp

i love whats going on here...
The moral victory with Orr, yet give komi credit cuz he went with lucic. Yet lucic who's not a goon takes on Orr and got a punch on the nose is Orr's *****.

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Komisarek seemed to be holding his own until he was punched in either the gut or ribs and the wind was knocked out of him. Looked like an attempted uppercut to the chin but hit Komisarek in the gut or ribs instead. Linesmen should have stepped in at that point because having the wind knocked out of you in that manner really leaves you at a significant disadvantage. Most fighters don't target that area, but I don't think Lucic intended to punch him there.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:01 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
Gotta hand it to Komisarek. Lucic destroyed his career, he knew he wouldn't win this fight and did it anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClasslessGuy View Post
Tv guy almost had an orgasm
It feels like it, at the same time, watching the fight in ClasslessGuy's post (that is the "Fight", right?), its actually not that bad... Kind of suprised me.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:02 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Lucic already stole Komisarek's soul.. Now he just plain beats up his body.
This.

Komi was never the same after that first fight when he played for The Habs.

But about last night, Komi must be learning impared. How many times must Lucic own him before Komi finally learns his lesson. I.E. dont pick fights when you know you cant win.

IceDaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:10 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Papa Joe View Post
Komisarek seemed to be holding his own until he was punched in either the gut or ribs and the wind was knocked out of him. Looked like an attempted uppercut to the chin but hit Komisarek in the gut or ribs instead. Linesmen should have stepped in at that point because having the wind knocked out of you in that manner really leaves you at a significant disadvantage. Most fighters don't target that area, but I don't think Lucic intended to punch him there.
Lucic trains as a boxer in the offseason, he very much meant to punch him in the body. He has done it a lot more as his career has gone on.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:10 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
I dont know about holding his own, but that body shot was NASTY. The look on Komis face after that shot was brutal.

Old
03-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
This.

Komi was never the same after that first fight when he played for The Habs.

But about last night, Komi must be learning impared. How many times must Lucic own him before Komi finally learns his lesson. I.E. dont pick fights when you know you cant win.
Did he destroy his career? Komisarek has had one good year in the NHL, when he was paired with Markov at his absolute best. Methinks, Markov playing at an elite level, masked the mediocrity that is Mike Komisarek.

Old
03-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
Lucic trains as a boxer in the offseason, he very much meant to punch him in the body. He has done it a lot more as his career has gone on.

If you watch the 1st Body shot, he does it to get Komisareks head down, then follows up with an uppercut.

Morris Wanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:12 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Until Lucic I dont remember seeing a body shots in a hockey fight.

Old
03-20-2012, 09:13 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
If you watch the 1st Body shot, he does it to get Komisareks head down, then follows up with an uppercut.
If it was done on purpose, I personally consider it a cheap shot. What's next, hitting a guy in the balls or pulling hair.

Old
03-20-2012, 09:15 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
If it was done on purpose, I personally consider it a cheap shot. What's next, hitting a guy in the balls or pulling hair.
There are rules to a hockey fight?

Old
03-20-2012, 09:21 AM
Broad Street Elite

Where is Komi hiding that extra 23 pounds he's supposed to have on Lucic? Lucic easily looks like the bigger, vastly more powerful player and Komi just needs to recognize that.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:23 AM
The Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therick67 View Post
I saw Rosehill challenge McQuaid last night, McQuaid declined....does anyone think McQuaid was afraid?
I thought I caught that as well, back in the Bruins end as the puck went down the other end of the ice.

I was happy that McQuaid didn't go, and I would imagine, at that point, that the feeling was, "Let's close this one out, take the great win at home before a tough West Coast stretch, and stay HEALTHY".... I don't know that for sure, but there was nothing to be gained from Quaider going so he probably just said, "meh, not now"....

The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:27 AM
tom nuetten

credit to komi for go with lucic again! Lucic is the better fighter (and player) and kicked his ass once again...

Sry but how can the refs call an extra penalty for lucic?
2 min roughing?! komisarek started with crosscheck and lucic answers..
2 min extra for lucic because he won the fight? or because he is lucic?

tom nuetten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:33 AM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsRock View Post
There are rules to a hockey fight?
Not really, but to be honest, I was in a few hockey fights in my life, and nobody ever hit me in the gut and I was never hit in the gut.

I don't recall too many, if any, of the good NHL fighters ever hitting a guy in the gut as a tactic.

Old
03-20-2012, 09:38 AM
cashman rules*

Quote:
Not really, but to be honest, I was in a few hockey fights in my life, and nobody ever hit me in the gut and I was never hit in the gut.

I don't recall too many, if any, of the good NHL fighters ever hitting a guy in the gut as a tactic.
Consider yourself lucky,watch some Probert video's.

cashman rules* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:42 AM
Therick67

Quote:
really? the same as pulling hair

Therick67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:42 AM
Spawnisen
Believe.

Why would he go against Lucic again

Spawnisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:43 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:

Rypien often threw body shots.

So did Kocur

As does Godard

Body shots happen and happen often enough, they aren't as common as punching someone in the face because they aren't as effective in most cases. Hardly cheap, and hardly comparable to a shot to the testies.

Kaoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
First thing you learn in fighting is head, body, head, body.

Nothing about that fight was dirty. You're grasping at straws.

Looch got the extra 2 for breaking away from the refs to start the fight. Rosehill got the extra two whan he got involved in the scrum that lead to the Campbell-Schenn fight.

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:59 AM
bruinforstanley

Video with slo-motion.

3:00 - 3:05 are 5 bad seconds for Komi....and the look on his face at the end says it all

Sorry...not sure how to embed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwcLx...eature=related

bruinforstanley is offline   Reply With Quote