It's over! Way to go MJ!

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2004, 09:16 PM
Emerald City Bruin
I-90 W for 2500mi

vCash: 500
It's over! Way to go MJ!

MJ finally got a win tonight over the Everett Silvertips 3-1.

Moose Jaw Scoring
1, Holzapfel, (4) (Chapman), 10:58
2, Ehrman, (4) (Lilley, Wray), 11:00
3, McArdle, (8) (Rome, Seder), 19:51 (EN)

Everett Scoring
3, Calla, (3) (Blatchford, Dietrich), 07:16

Last edited by Emerald City Bruin: 11-09-2004 at 10:28 PM.
Old
11-09-2004, 09:34 PM
Zetterberg4Captain*

I thought they won 3-1?

Old
11-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Emerald City Bruin
I-90 W for 2500mi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofhdhdy
I thought they won 3-1?
They did. I meant to edit that before I posted it.

Old
11-10-2004, 11:59 AM
Avery4Byng*

It's about time.....

Old
11-10-2004, 06:47 PM
MS

Seder and Ehrman have really helped ... their team GAA was about 5.75 ( ) in the first 8 games of the season, but has been cut down to about 3.75 in the games since those two have been picked up.

If they can maintain that level of defensive play, they score enough goals (8th in the league right now) that they should be relatively respectable the rest of the way. I don't think it'll be a repeat of Saskatoon last year, even though it looks that way in the standings right now.

Old
11-10-2004, 06:52 PM
Emerald City Bruin
I-90 W for 2500mi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS
Seder and Ehrman have really helped ... their team GAA was about 5.75 ( ) in the first 8 games of the season, but has been cut down to about 3.75 in the games since those two have been picked up.

If they can maintain that level of defensive play, they score enough goals (8th in the league right now) that they should be relatively respectable the rest of the way. I don't think it'll be a repeat of Saskatoon last year, even though it looks that way in the standings right now.
I agree. In the games I've seen the Jaw play, scoring is certainly not the problem. It's just holding that lead once they get it. They did a nice job of that last night.

Old
11-11-2004, 01:33 PM
Tipped Off

Send a message via AIM to Tipped Off Send a message via MSN to Tipped Off Send a message via Yahoo to Tipped Off
Defense?

Just a quick add-on here: The Silvertips, who never outshoot anyone, outshot MJ something like 34-24. This game was broadcast live on the net & I watched most of it. The puck was in Moose Jaw's defensive end the whole game. They won this game the way Everett usually wins games...low number of shots but taking advantage of Everett mistakes. Moose Jaw is truely a bad team. This game shows why teams like to pick on the Everett style of play...while it will keep Everett in most games with better teams, it also allows teams Everett should beat to win games they shouldn't. Regardless, I think Seattle is by far the class of a sub-par U.S. Division. The T-birds should win the division going away. There will be a 4 team race for 2nd.

Old
11-12-2004, 02:28 PM
JoeHockey97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipped Off
Just a quick add-on here: The Silvertips, who never outshoot anyone, outshot MJ something like 34-24. This game was broadcast live on the net & I watched most of it. The puck was in Moose Jaw's defensive end the whole game. They won this game the way Everett usually wins games...low number of shots but taking advantage of Everett mistakes. Moose Jaw is truely a bad team. This game shows why teams like to pick on the Everett style of play...while it will keep Everett in most games with better teams, it also allows teams Everett should beat to win games they shouldn't. Regardless, I think Seattle is by far the class of a sub-par U.S. Division. The T-birds should win the division going away. There will be a 4 team race for 2nd.
oooooh Sour grapes anyone?

just kiddin bud.....

Old
11-12-2004, 02:30 PM
JoeHockey97

Im so glad its over.. .Moose Jaw was due. I hate to see ANY team go that long without winning.. its just not hockey like.

Moose Jaw is a brutal team but any team on earth is better than THAT record. You know you got it rough though when your team scores 7 goals and still doesnt win (vs. Lethbridge)

Old
11-14-2004, 10:48 AM
MikeS

Tips had a great 4-1 run through the east, just tripped up on Moose Jaw, who were very very due for a win.

Old
11-14-2004, 12:45 PM
Emerald City Bruin
I-90 W for 2500mi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS
Tips had a great 4-1 run through the east, just tripped up on Moose Jaw, who were very very due for a win.
Being due for a win doesn't excuse the loss. You guys are a better team than them and should have won the game. Spokane was due for a win too but that doesn't mean Seattle should have lost to them on Friday.

Old
11-14-2004, 03:33 PM
MikeS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinStuckInTheEye
Being due for a win doesn't excuse the loss. You guys are a better team than them and should have won the game. Spokane was due for a win too but that doesn't mean Seattle should have lost to them on Friday.
No excuse at all...but you knew it was going to happen to someone!

Old
11-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Tipped Off

Send a message via AIM to Tipped Off Send a message via MSN to Tipped Off Send a message via Yahoo to Tipped Off
"Due for a win"

I absolutely HATE that saying..."Due for a win" or "due for a loss." Each game starts 0-0. Just because you've won two or three in a row...or lost 10 in a row....doesn't mean you are any more likely to win or lose a game. The fact the Tips went 4-1 on the road trip is great. I'd take that on any Eastern Road trip...but telling me it was ok to drop to MJ because the results of the trip were good is like kissing your sister. If your gonna win, you HAVe to beat the teams you are supposed as well as have some good runs against the good teams.

Old
11-28-2004, 02:05 PM
MikeS

You were due to say something like that...

Closed Thread