HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Komisarek v. Lucic

Old
03-19-2012, 10:39 PM
BillyD
JUST WIN BABY

vCash: 500
Komisarek v. Lucic

Quote:
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein
There is mounting evidence that suggests Mr. Komisarek might be insane.

Exhibit 1

Exhibit 2

Exhibit 3

BillyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Auzzie19

Komi ... I don't know what to say ......

Edit: ****ing embarrassing.

Auzzie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:46 PM
The Messenger

Who was it that said, "it doesn't matter if you win or lose a fight, it matters that you show up"

Hats off to Komi.

The Messenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:47 PM
Sittler 27

Kudos to Komi for standing up to him

Sittler 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:48 PM
hatterson
Global Moderator

vCash: 874
Send a message via Skype™ to hatterson
I really wish Orr was on the team to see Lucic running away like the little wimp he really is.

He is the epitome of a bully.

Donato
#BarSouth

Not a lot of people have the balls to stand up to Lucic.. I respect komo for doing so.

Last edited by Guerzy: 03-20-2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Removed offensive comment.
Donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
iArts
ಠ_ಠ

I was proud seeing Komi get into it with Lucic. Everyone know that Lucic is a good fighter. It took guts for Komi. Good for him.

iArts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Dayjobdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Dancer View Post
Who was it that said, "it doesn't matter if you win or lose a fight, it matters that you show up"

Hats off to Komi.
This.

And he levelled Lucic with a check after the fight. He deserves credit not ridicule.

Dayjobdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:49 PM
Nickolopolous

Hats off to Komisarek, indeed. The guy showed more heart in thirty seconds than this team has in the past two months.

Nickolopolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:50 PM
StarBurns RIP
No Agenda

The Boston hockey crew are the most repulsive homers in pro sports. Komisarek stood up to Lucic like a man and the results of that fight were exaggerated. He really shouldn't fight that guy but there's nothing wrong with him for having heart to do it.

StarBurns RIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 10:51 PM
Eb
TML

vCash: 150
Rosehill is the only other guy who would fight Lucic on our team.

Cheers to Komi for sure.

Eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:04 PM
Rude Dog

At least he showed up. Even after he took his lumps he still never backed down from Lucic. Guy is crazy, but I'll give him huge props for at least trying to push back.

Where was the rest of the team? Embarassing. It's one thing for guys like Lombardi and Connolly to disappear, but where the hell was Phaneuf and the other vets? Not to mention the young guys like Frattin, Ashton, Crabb etc. etc. Try to prove you belong in the NHL by at least showing up. God do I wish we had a Zach Smith or Ryan White on this team.

I really have no idea where to begin anymore. Adding goons isn't going to help unless they can play. The lock out can't come soon enough.

Rude Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:05 PM
atleastimnotahabsfan

Good for him, that wasn't even bad. Komi is pretty strong it's just too bad he can't balance himself or punch.

atleastimnotahabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Wendelstache

komi made me a fan tonight.

he answered the bell knowing full well that his fighting style doesn't match up w/ lucic

Wendelstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:08 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Dancer View Post

Hats off to Komi.

Exactly this. Thats the kind of character that wins him a roster spot...

Durkin67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:08 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

I don't think Komisarek expected a different result. He knew he was likely to take a few. However it's his courage to stand up when no one else on the team would. Anyone who wants to criticize someone from dropping the gloves with Lucic needs to get a grip. Any coach or player would applaud that.

TheNorthFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:09 PM
JackJ

Glad he stood up to that ox after the losses years back. The Grabo/Neil fight carry over effect.

We need to add at least one player who can mop the floor with Lucic next season.

Jamie Devane? It's not as if he'll ever develop into anything more then a fourth liner.

JackJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:09 PM
Shadyone33

Habs fan here. I checked the box score and I saw the fighting major and thought...OH NO! I watched the fight and it wasn't that bad AND I give him credit for stepping up. Takes more guts than almost everyone on the team, reason being he had a good idea of what the result would be and STILL stepped up. Respect.

Shadyone33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Stephen

Komisarek didn't want to get his face bashed in again, but he did it for the betterment of his team, which you have to respect, even though the team clearly didn't respond to that sacrifice, because they are a bunch of scared children.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:15 PM
DOGSTARMAN

Boston fan here. I think most Boston fans give Komisarek props for not backing down from Lucic. He probably won't ever win those battles but he won't back down. They may hate each other but Lucic probably respects his courage. I don't see where you come up with the idea that Lucic would run from Orr. They have fought, Orr took the win, but Lucic is willing. Rosehill vs Lucic would be a decent tilt, probably match up pretty evenly and their one go supports that.

Where was Phaneuf on a night like this? Would be good to see the Captain show how unhappy he is during a game like that.

Like what I'm seeing from Ashton so far.

DOGSTARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:28 PM
Belak Attack
:walrus:

Send a message via MSN to Belak Attack
Love Komi, and love that he has balls enough to stand up to him.

Belak Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:29 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Komi did ok. he wasn't as black and blue as i thought.

proud of him really.

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:31 PM
GardinerExpressway

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarBurns View Post
The Boston hockey crew are the most repulsive homers in pro sports. Komisarek stood up to Lucic like a man and the results of that fight were exaggerated. He really shouldn't fight that guy but there's nothing wrong with him for having heart to do it.
They really were more terrible than anything I've ever tried to listen to and living in Australia I've watched a lot of American coverage (because that's all that's available mostly). I settled for a lower quality stream with British commentary rather than listen to it. It's one thing to show a bit of bias in coverage talking about your own team's accolades but these guys were just making one snide comment after another (especially in the 1st intermission).

Our announcers definitely side with us on general coverage (except Healy who's a ******) but that's just it isn't it? Whether we win or lose, in Toronto we want to hear a GOOD commentary and not just hollow bs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye View Post
Boston fan here. I think most Boston fans give Komisarek props for not backing down from Lucic. He probably won't ever win those battles but he won't back down. They may hate each other but Lucic probably respects his courage. I don't see where you come up with the idea that Lucic would run from Orr. They have fought, Orr took the win, but Lucic is willing. Rosehill vs Lucic would be a decent tilt, probably match up pretty evenly and their one go supports that.

Where was Phaneuf on a night like this? Would be good to see the Captain show how unhappy he is during a game like that.

Like what I'm seeing from Ashton so far.
If the announcers had half as much class as this poster I wouldn't even be having this conversation.

I agree, I don't think Lucic would "run away" from Orr, I do think that that is the reason why Thorton is on your team though (i.e. to stop Lucic from fighting those battles where he'd lose). I'm not saying he'd lose as lopsidedly as Komi did tonight, just that he'd lose and he could get hurt (broken hand/nose/etc.) and he's a gamer so losing him with that kind of injury is bad management.

GardinerExpressway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Paris in Flames

vCash: 50
All the respect in the world to Komisarek. He fully engaged in a situation that he knew would end badly for him. Anybody who craps on him for losing....eh. I'm not thrilled to have those people cheering for the same team as me.

Paris in Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:33 PM
CellarDweller0

I dont think I cheered anyone on so hard in a fight when I first saw that it was Komi. I so badly wanted him to redeem himself and in a small way he did that this evening. Good on him. He just went up a few notches in my opinion.

CellarDweller0 is offline   Reply With Quote