HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komisarek v. Lucic

Old
03-20-2012, 05:37 PM
Liminality

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
just because its been referred to a fet times in this thread:

When Colton Met Milan (With Cherry's comments after)

The boston commentators always make me laugh.

Good on Komo for facing Lucic and he even gave Lucic a good hit later on showing him that he's not scared of him.

Liminality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Stassino

http://youtu.be/YL6RRl6pV00

http://youtu.be/oRAs6H2hMHM

Just sayin'.. Remember the gutless coward?

Stassino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:04 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
I felt bad for Komi; I may be in the minority of Boston fans but I wish he was on our team if he had a more reasonable contract. He's either crazy or one tough sob- and he amazingly wanted to fight him at the end of the game. Maybe he figures eventually he'll get a shot and might do some damage but he should just drop it before he gets killed one of these games

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stassino View Post
http://youtu.be/YL6RRl6pV00

http://youtu.be/oRAs6H2hMHM

Just sayin'.. Remember the gutless coward?
He may not be a coward, but he certainly only fights people he knows he can beat. He always backed away whenever someone of his fighting caliber came. He **** his pants when any enforcers like Orr came.

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:09 PM
Duffman955

Quote:
Originally Posted by facts View Post
Not a fan of either but confused by what komisarek was trying to do there? Lucic is tough and a good strong fighter granted but is he that good or is Komi that bad. in the first fight lucic beat him with adrenaline and just "trade" skills whereas during the second fight. komi looks less prepared. Watch the 2nd fight again, watch how Komi does all the work, trying to push lucic with extended arms further tiring himself and allowing Lucic to tee off, those uppercuts were epic, graphic, I can't see how komisarek doesnt have a broken nose or cheek. I dont give him props for stepping up because lucic game him a bear paw with the glove, warning him and that would have been enough. awful
Dude. Do you understand why people fight in the NHL? It certainly isnt to have fun. Lucic was bullying our team and someone needs to stand up to him. Komi is the only one who has a pair balls on this team, so he had to fight him.

Duffman955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:15 PM
hotpaws

vCash: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffman955 View Post
He may not be a coward, but he certainly only fights people he knows he can beat. He always backed away whenever someone of his fighting caliber came. He **** his pants when any enforcers like Orr came.
Lucic doesn't back down from anyone but why should he fight slugs like Orr on a nightly basis .

If you want to know who craps his pants it's our Captain .

hotpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 07:20 PM
Mynameismark*

Guys like Clark, Domi and Tucker would have been proud of Komi doing such a thing last night.

Some lil kids on the net think he's stupid, who cares.

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:41 PM
LaPlante94

After that 1st fight with Lucic in 08 it really hurt his career. He was good but then he got his ass kicked that fight and believe he got injured and he has just been terrible since.

LaPlante94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:55 PM
mtchbx

Bruins fan here. Komi may have changed when he came to the Leafs but as a Hab he was a sneaky weasel. Lucic is a rare first line player that can fight. He did lose to Orr in the fight that you are all talking about, in fact Orr broke his nose, I was at the game. The Leafs need to add some skills to their lineup not carry fighters that can't skate. Try to put together a hockey team and then add the fighters if you want, but better to have a Stanley Cup Champion team that can also fight.

mtchbx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:18 PM
dirk41

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatterson View Post
I really wish Orr was on the team to see Lucic running away like the little wimp he really is.
Too bad Orr isn't an NHL player.

dirk41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:34 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtchbx View Post
Bruins fan here. Komi may have changed when he came to the Leafs but as a Hab he was a sneaky weasel. Lucic is a rare first line player that can fight. He did lose to Orr in the fight that you are all talking about, in fact Orr broke his nose, I was at the game. The Leafs need to add some skills to their lineup not carry fighters that can't skate. Try to put together a hockey team and then add the fighters if you want, but better to have a Stanley Cup Champion team that can also fight.
Or next time tell Komi to just stand down, He asked for it and as usual he got it. And for all the " fans " of the leafs wishing orr was in the line-up ? Why not, he is as good as any other player on that roster

Problem is Shawn Thornton would knock him back to the AHL again.

As far as Komi I like the guy, but the poor man is just a terrible player why not just waive him.

4ORRBRUIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:38 PM
Eb
TML

Lol the Boston trolls have started to trickle in here.

Eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:40 PM
masyo88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
Or next time tell Komi to just stand down, He asked for it and as usual he got it. And for all the " fans " of the leafs wishing orr was in the line-up ? Why not, he is as good as any other player on that roster

Problem is Shawn Thornton would knock him back to the AHL again.

As far as Komi I like the guy, but the poor man is just a terrible player why not just waive him.
LOL Yea Thorton would known Orr back to the AHL, everytime Orr and Thorton fight Thorton manages to always pull Orrs jersey over hes head before they really get going. Nice job troll, hopefully when Orr comes back next year he can pay a visit to lurch (looch).

masyo88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Soderberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Puck View Post
Komi showed a lot of heart. More than Lucic ever has. I still remember Lucic running away from George Laraque for a whole game after a brawl filled Habs/Bruins game a few years ago.
You guys are so funny. Came here to give props to Mike, his and milan's rivalry is great, but some of you reek of jealousy. Also get your memory checked, it was one playoffs game that laraque was chasing looch and Claude told him not to fight and instead looch scored the gwg. Keep giving props to komi for being a punching bag 3 times against lucic but try and hate on Lucic for getting his nose broken by colton healthy scratch Orr once when he was like 20... would you guys like to see kessel fight John scott or some other goon?

Soderberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:45 PM
masyo88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segchise View Post
You guys are so funny. Came here to give props to Mike, his and milan's rivalry is great, but some of you reek of jealousy. Also get your memory checked, it was one playoffs game that laraque was chasing looch and Claude told him not to fight and instead looch scored the gwg. Keep giving props to komi for being a punching bag 3 times against lucic but try and hate on Lucic for getting his nose broken by colton healthy scratch Orr once when he was like 20... would you guys like to see kessel fight John scott or some other goon?
ummmm nice try but Kessel and Lucic are completely different players, Kessel could not punch his way out of a bag.

masyo88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:54 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by masyo88 View Post
ummmm nice try but Kessel and Lucic are completely different players, Kessel could not punch his way out of a bag.
And Lucic should not be expected to fight the leagues ankle benders.

Old
03-20-2012, 10:56 PM
NiL8r87

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ORRBRUIN View Post
And Lucic should not be expected to fight the leagues ankle benders.
Aren't you the one who brought Shawn Thornton's name into the equation?

NiL8r87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:01 PM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseV87 View Post
Thornton is far from a goon/ankle bender, Orr is and never was the player Shawn is. But if your looking for a fighting match on the B's he's your man NOT Lucic

Old
03-20-2012, 11:02 PM
SexyJoffreyLupul

i would however, like to see phaneuf fight lucic. why u gonna let komi take it in the ass like that celine dion?

SexyJoffreyLupul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:58 PM
Mowerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Eye View Post
I don't see where you come up with the idea that Lucic would run from Orr. They have fought, Orr took the win, but Lucic is willing.
You're kidding, right? Please say yes.

Mowerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:38 AM
DOGSTARMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendelBrown View Post
You're kidding, right? Please say yes.
Did I say something that isn't true?

DOGSTARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:17 AM
TMLrBest

I guess this just proves how desperate some of my "fellow fans" (and I use that loosely) are to get back at a team that spanks us every time we meet. Hanging on to the notion that Colten Orr will/could exact some revenge on Boston, and that that revenge would somehow make us better is just short of insane.

Orr is a total slug who cannot play hockey. If he could, he would still be in Boston playing with Thornton and our problem would be magnified. Lucic is the third best fighter on Boston and may fall to fourth soon. He scores 30 goals and should not engage with slugs like Orr and Laraque.

Leaf fans use this same logic to excuse our captain from fighting heavyweights, and we feel it is perfectly logical. Why isn't it logical for Lucic to ignore invitations from the same slugs? Actually, it is, and we know it. We just hate him so much that we apply different logic to him than we do to Dion.

Phaneuf is near the top of the NHL list of spot picking, fake tough guys and we give him a free pass, while attacking Lucic at every turn. Every other fan in the league sees this and laughs every time we start with the Colten Orr nonsense.

TMLrBest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:28 AM
TMLrBest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseV87 View Post
Not even similar.

Shawn Thornton scored 10 goals last year and just signed a new contract. Colten Orr never scored 10 in a season, even in the WHL. There's a good chance he never signs another one way contract in the NHL.

Orr is a plug who hurts our team every time he steps on the ice. Shawn Thornton would help our team immensely, could play on the 3rd line when injury hits, and could give our captain some lessons in leadership.

TMLrBest is offline   Reply With Quote