HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Sharks lose to the Ducks

Old
03-20-2012, 12:16 AM
maryb

vCash: 500
immediately negated our goals with weak defense.

it looked like we were on a PK at even strength in the defensive zone.

they consistently pressured in the offensive zone.

Clowe had a decent night and i will say this was probably his best game of recent, post facial fracture. Havlat another good game, besides a weak/late stick lift on the goal.

Greiss gave us somewhat of a chance, and should get another in the near future.

20 shots in the 2nd period.......

edit: and i believe niemi was out of position on some of those goals, and i will also say Greiss was on his lone goal. should have been a little quicker reaction to get back to the post.

maryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:16 AM
RainbowDash
20% Cooler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW52 View Post
Greiss .929 SV%
The sv% doesn't matter. What matters is the play of the team in front of the goaltender. They played like ********* in front of both of them. Niemi isn't the problem. The team is. End of story.

RainbowDash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:17 AM
robitaillefan
Bababooey,Tatatoothy

Does niemi start Tomorow?

robitaillefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:17 AM
glasgow26

Defense was lousy tonight. Murray had a rough game. Having said that, I'm really not a fan of Niemi and have absolutely no confidence in him. You can't blame him for tonight's loss but it would be nice if he could steal a game for the team every once in a while. A good team needs a goalie that can bail out their D on occasion and make big saves when it matters most. Niemi hasn't been atrocious, but he's been mediocre at best. If we miss the playoffs I really hope we have someone else between the pipes next season.

glasgow26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:19 AM
ilikebigjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizz06 View Post

"you can't pin this one on Nemo"
at least he swears at himself after every goal

ilikebigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:19 AM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Oh for sure. If it was a loss against any other team he'd maybe have a cig or two. But it's the Ducks. **** the ******* Ducks.

That's starting to look a lot like me now.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:21 AM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by robitaillefan View Post
Does niemi start Tomorow?
Does a koala bear **** in the eucalyptus woods?

Old
03-20-2012, 12:21 AM
Channing Tatum
Step Up: On Ice

came back from the game. we started out good, but had too many lapses defensively and wtf is up with niemi going so far out of the crease?

also had teh most annoying guy behind me who commented on every little thing the sharks did i wanted to shoot myself

Channing Tatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:22 AM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post

You wear a helmet around...

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:22 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:

Dude you should probably not smoke two cigs at a time bro.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:23 AM
Bizz06
Registered Goon

9000 hours in mspaint

Bizz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:24 AM
ilikebigjoe

honestly tho, what im probably most frustrated with is lately when the sharks get a big goal whether its to get them back in the game, or to give them the lead, they get scored on within like a couple minutes. its just deflating for me and i would assume other fans...imagine the team "**** are you kidding me" or something probably along those lines

Old
03-20-2012, 12:25 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryb View Post

Clowe had a decent night and i will say this was probably his best game of recent, post facial fracture. Havlat another good game, besides a weak/late stick lift on the goal.

edit: and i believe niemi was out of position on some of those goals, and i will also say Greiss was on his lone goal. should have been a little quicker reaction to get back to the post.
Greiss was out of position because he was in position for a slapper that Murray poked to a spot where Palmieri could immediately put it back on net. The amount of time it took for that to happen is impossible for a goalie to get into the new position to stop that puck after committing to a shot.

Nemo wasn't really bad on any of the goals. The defense was God awful in front of him and that was everyone but most notably Justin Braun and Douglas Murray either blowing coverages or not clearing out like on Guenin's goal. It was a terrible effort in their own zone tonight.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:26 AM
MDsjs22

I've been trying to write a paper that is due on Thursday and I just spent a page and a half accidentally ranting about how ****ing frustrating it is to be a Sharks fan. I'm considering leaving it in there too. ****!!!!

MDsjs22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:27 AM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
You wear a helmet around...
I've had 5 keyboard related concussions this season.

Old
03-20-2012, 12:30 AM
jwhitesj

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryb View Post

Your wrong about the Greiss goal. Murray blocked it and it went right back to the Ducks player and Greiss just didn't have time to reposition himself for the second shot attempt. He was in position for the first shot. Murray blocked the shot and gave pu on the puck though. Not sure why he picked his stick up, if he would have left his stick down he may have blocked the second attempt as well.

jwhitesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:35 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
Your wrong about the Greiss goal. Murray blocked it and it went right back to the Ducks player and Greiss just didn't have time to reposition himself for the second shot attempt. He was in position for the first shot. Murray blocked the shot and gave pu on the puck though. Not sure why he picked his stick up, if he would have left his stick down he may have blocked the second attempt as well.
He lost sight of the puck from what I could tell.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:36 AM
Thepainter

Apparently, Nabokov would have won this game.

Because Nabokov plays defense, offense, goaltender, and coach.

Thepainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:36 AM
osgoodshlatters

when is the last time the sharks got some secondary scoring. they need the 3rd and 4th line to contribute more often if they want to win games.

aside from that, the defensive coverage by both the D and the forwards was atrocious tonight.

osgoodshlatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:38 AM
KirbyDots

Quote:
Does a koala bear **** in the eucalyptus woods?

I missed the game, got in late from my flight and passed out on the bed as soon as I got home. Just woke up to my gf telling me Sharks lost 5-3, thought it was some sort of nightmare. Nope this has become our new reality, tied with the Kings, our hopes for a playoff berth a end to a season festooned with games within the division. Which apparently we can't win to save our lives.

If the Sharks fumble their slim opportunity I'd like to see them add a real winger. Maybe shell out some cash for Parise. Oh offense, how I miss you. The other massive problem seems to be Niemi, he's just not a good enough goalie. The idea that you should invest all your cap elsewhere and can get away with mediocrity in net is folly. When the Hawks won it all they were a steamroller, but they achieved it by cheating the cap. I'm increasingly coming to the opinion that we need a new solution in goal, what that would be is another question. I don't think Niemi is necessary terrible, but the Sharks are best when they are playing high devil may care white knuckle offense. With such a run and gun style you need a skilled if not elite net minder to make that big stop when things go bad and inevitable odd man rush pops up.

KirbyDots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:48 AM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Dear Sharks, please stop sucking.

McSkittlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:51 AM
ilikebigjoe

thornton and marleau gotta step up tomorrow night. no im not a hater by any means. i support joe as much as anyone but honestly i was disappointed by them tonight and i think they need to step up big time. joe has been solid just had a bad game, patty i dunno why he hasnt been scoring much at all lately....we all know when he gets one though they pour in

Old
03-20-2012, 12:52 AM
maryb

you're correct after rewatching it on highlight video. didnt realize the puck didnt get through to greiss on the first shot, and it was too quick to react to the actual goal shot. thought he stopped the initial shot (instead didnt even get through, randy said "on the rebound" probably threw me off) and would have had time to push back towards the net. he definitely tried to stop the second shot telling from his body language.

maryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:52 AM
Brent Burns
TROTZTROTZTROTZTROTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizz06 View Post

9000 hours in mspaint
: laugh:

Brent Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 12:53 AM
SJFanQC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post

I missed the game, got in late from my flight and passed out on the bed as soon as I got home. Just woke up to my gf telling me Sharks lost 5-3, thought it was some sort of nightmare. Nope this has become our new reality, tied with the Kings, our hopes for a playoff berth a end to a season festooned with games within the division. Which apparently we can't win to save our lives.

If the Sharks fumble their slim opportunity I'd like to see them add a real winger. Maybe shell out some cash for Parise. Oh offense, how I miss you. The other massive problem seems to be Niemi, he's just not a good enough goalie. The idea that you should invest all your cap elsewhere and can get away with mediocrity in net is folly. When the Hawks won it all they were a steamroller, but they achieved it by cheating the cap. I'm increasingly coming to the opinion that we need a new solution in goal, what that would be is another question. I don't think Niemi is necessary terrible, but the Sharks are best when they are playing high devil may care white knuckle offense. With such a run and gun style you need a skilled if not elite net minder to make that big stop when things go bad and inevitable odd man rush pops up.
that was Nabby except for the five-hole breakaway goals, and even then they were not as proeminent. I feel Nabby with this year's defense would be great (aside from the horrendous month we've just had prior to this week and this bad game, but we were top-5 in the league for the most part of the season and even then how much of the bad defensive results lately have been coming off the lack of confidence in Niemi or his performances himself. There's the Nashville game but other than that...) but even then there would be some better options I think, him getting a bit old and his weakness well known and all.

SJFanQC is offline   Reply With Quote