HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Sharks lose to the Ducks

Old
03-20-2012, 12:56 AM
Channing Tatum
Step Up: On Ice

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyDots View Post
can i get a poster sized one of this? i would take it to a sharks game and hopefully make the TV cameras

Channing Tatum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:00 AM
jwhitesj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizz06 View Post

9000 hours in mspaint
That's a funny picture but I just can't get over the fact that he slid all the way over to the trapezoid after stopping a breakaway, I mean, how do you slide that far out of the damn net. I know the real fault is on Vlassic and Havlat for failing on the back check but really, I've never seen a goalie slide that far out of the net on a breakaway before.

Also on the first goal, why does he have to give up rebounds straight up the middle all of the time. Pucks magically go right up the middel when he is in net, can he not atleast control the rebound a little bit. Speaking of control, is he the worst puck handling goalie in the history of the NHL. Niemi has more turnovers than any goalie I've ever seen. The biggest difference I immidiately saw between Greiss and Niemi was that Greiss could actually play the puck decently. Niemi is a very good athlete and he can make some amazing stops, but his turnovers and rebound control have come back to bite the sharks in the ass too many times.

jwhitesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:03 AM
Sharksfan83

vCash: 50
TMac said they didn't turn up, and he couldn't find even 3 lines of players that were at the game, and that disappointed him.

Hello! It's the coaches god damn job to get the players ready for a game!! If you couldn't find 9 players that were ready to play, then you're the one to blame!!

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:03 AM
Hold the Pickles

What's up with these ridiculous spoiler thread titles?

100% on the Lame meter

Hold the Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:08 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

I would be a better coach/GM than Koala and DW. I mean I've gone 82-0 in the regular season and 16-0 in the playoffs winning each game by scores of 25-0 or 24-1 in NHL 12. My body of work speaks for itself.

Mafoofoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:16 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharksfan83 View Post
TMac said they didn't turn up, and he couldn't find even 3 lines of players that were at the game, and that disappointed him.

Hello! It's the coaches god damn job to get the players ready for a game!! If you couldn't find 9 players that were ready to play, then you're the one to blame!!
It's not solely the coach's job to get the players ready for the game. These are professionals with chosen leaders. They have to do their part and when they aren't ready for the game, they take just as much responsibility, if not moreso, for that than the coaches. Sometimes, the lack of energy is simply unavoidable because you're just not going to physically be ready to play for all 82. This just happens to be one of the nights where pretty much all of them looked like they had dead legs and mush for brains when they were out there. A coach with a pep talk isn't going to change that.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:23 AM
Crazy Joe Divola

Play the "this is your time" herb brooks speech part of Miracle before every game. Problems solved.

Crazy Joe Divola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:25 AM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Joe Divola View Post
Play the "this is your time" herb brooks speech part of Miracle before every game. Problems solved.
That was ruined by that stupid kid.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:27 AM
Crazy Joe Divola

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
That was ruined by that stupid kid.
Niemi?

Crazy Joe Divola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:28 AM
WTFetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
That's a funny picture but I just can't get over the fact that he slid all the way over to the trapezoid after stopping a breakaway, I mean, how do you slide that far out of the damn net.
Also on the first goal, why does he have to give up rebounds straight up the middle all of the time. Pucks magically go right up the middel when he is in net, can he not atleast control the rebound a little bit. .
If you look at the replay for the breakaway, Niemi's stick gets caught in Boyle's leg, which pulls him out of the net.
Don't have a better angle for the first goal, but it just looks like a bad bounce with extremely scrambly defenseman. You can hardly blame Niemi on that one.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:32 AM
Korkki

Very bad game. I really thought NHL is the top league in the world, but I have seen better hockey in Finland.

OK, not everytime but this game was really poor. Is the season too far or what was the reason I don't know. But if this was the first NHL game to someone he would never be there again. Luckily my sisters daughters are so small that they might come back again (another even slept half of the game) though this was their first.

Korkki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:33 AM
Les Wynan*

Why the hell did Winnik play fewer minutes than Ferriero, Desjardins, Moore and Mitchell?

Les Wynan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:46 AM
SactoShork
The Youth Movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Wynan View Post
Why the hell did Winnik play fewer minutes than Ferriero, Desjardins, Moore and Mitchell?
Desjardins - Pavelski - Mitchell
Clowe - Couture - Ferriero

Just a couple examples of McLellan's genius tonight.

SactoShork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:00 AM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

vCash: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post

I really don't get why Ferriero gets top 6 minutes. I like him as a 4th liner, he can move the puck and score goals once in a while, but he needs to stay there. He kills any offense when he is put in a primarily offensive role. He constantly misses passes, fans on shots, and shoots it wide. I do believe he has a place on this team, but for Pete's sake, keep him in the bottom 6.

JayP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:02 AM
jwhitesj

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoShark View Post

I'm pretty sure Moore was in the spot you put Clowe in because Clowe was playing with Thornton and Havlat for a while and he played on that Desjardin-Mitchell line a little bit too.

jwhitesj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:22 AM
GreatGonzo
Registered Derp

Beat the Red Wings
Lose to the ducks
Story of our lives

GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:53 AM
Lebanezer

Clowe, Pavelski, Demers, Sharks 1st

for

Nash and Yakupov

Sound good?

Good.

Lebanezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:55 AM
oyster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Beat the Red Wings
Lose to the ducks
Story of our lives
Pretty much. I don't know why anyone's surprised by any of this anymore.

oyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:00 AM
Bizz06
Registered Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
That's a funny picture but I just can't get over the fact that he slid all the way over to the trapezoid after stopping a breakaway, I mean, how do you slide that far out of the damn net. I know the real fault is on Vlassic and Havlat for failing on the back check but really, I've never seen a goalie slide that far out of the net on a breakaway before.
Yeah Havlat and Vlasic couldve backchecked better, but if Niemi stayed in position he couldve stopped the rebound attempt, maybe even drawn an interference with the way Perry was skating in.

Bizz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:10 AM
Sharksfan83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
It's not solely the coach's job to get the players ready for the game. These are professionals with chosen leaders. They have to do their part and when they aren't ready for the game, they take just as much responsibility, if not moreso, for that than the coaches. Sometimes, the lack of energy is simply unavoidable because you're just not going to physically be ready to play for all 82. This just happens to be one of the nights where pretty much all of them looked like they had dead legs and mush for brains when they were out there. A coach with a pep talk isn't going to change that.
Totally disagree, if ONE person has an off night, and isn't prepared, then yes that's the players issue. When, as stated, more then HALF the team took the night off, That's the coaches issue.

The coach is responsible for "dead legs" unless I'm mistaken, the coach prepares the practices? If you believe the coach only has influence on the players by a "pep talk" then you lost any respect I may have had for what you post.

I've been apart of professional sport, albeit not ice hockey, for many many years, and the head coaches job is well beyond a pep talk.
He controls the minutes they play.
He controls the team he puts on the ice baring injuries.
He controls their practices.
He controls their recovery sessions.
He even controls their diet, or at least a staff member he is in control of does.

If more then half the team isn't ready to play, then it is the coaches problem.

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:02 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Totally disagree, if ONE person has an off night, and isn't prepared, then yes that's the players issue. When, as stated, more then HALF the team took the night off, That's the coaches issue.

The coach is responsible for "dead legs" unless I'm mistaken, the coach prepares the practices? If you believe the coach only has influence on the players by a "pep talk" then you lost any respect I may have had for what you post.

I've been apart of professional sport, albeit not ice hockey, for many many years, and the head coaches job is well beyond a pep talk.
He even controls their diet, or at least a staff member he is in control of does.

You give no real reason as to why that is a coach's issue and you exaggerate just exactly what is under the coach's control especially this time of year.

First things first, they aren't practicing much beyond the morning skate anymore this time of year. They're playing far too many games with very little off days. With regards to ice time, he has some control over that. However, he can't bench everyone who isn't playing well at the time. You still have to put out 3 lines and use all your d-men for the most part. Considering that the options for putting someone in and out of the lineup were basically Vandermeer and White, the coach likely still made the right call with who he went with. You're not going to always know if and when a player or players are going to stink up a game. The coach does not control their recovery sessions. That's what they have trainers and medical people for but even then it's still up to the player and that particular member of the staff to handle it. The same goes for the diet. That's not his job and if you think it is, you're clueless on these matters.

For someone claiming to be involved in a professional sport, you seem to lack a little common sense for what the head coach's job actually is and seem to miss out on the player accountability part. Even if everything you say is true, which it isn't, if all the players don't come ready to play, it is still on all the players just as much, if not more so, than the coach. Each individual has to take responsibility for preparing for each game. Just because multiple guys suck in a given night doesn't make that point any less accurate. At this time of year, a coach doesn't have nearly the amount of options to alleviate this sort of issue as you may want to pretend that he has.

If all those players did the same and blamed the coach, this season is over.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:08 AM
hockeyball

Quote:

It is the coaches job to develop a culture within the locker room that promotes hard work and accountability. You don't see Nashville come out on the ice not ready to play very often because Trotz is a hell of a coach. Every team has off games, but this season the Sharks have consistently played down to their opponents, given up leads, and lacked chemistry.

McLellan needs to go, I've obviously been saying that for awhile now, but I fully expect him to be fired as soon as this season ends.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:27 AM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
It is the coaches job to develop a culture within the locker room that promotes hard work and accountability. You don't see Nashville come out on the ice not ready to play very often because Trotz is a hell of a coach. Every team has off games, but this season the Sharks have consistently played down to their opponents, given up leads, and lacked chemistry.

McLellan needs to go, I've obviously been saying that for awhile now, but I fully expect him to be fired as soon as this season ends.
I am not going to defend McLellan much on this but they did the same under RW.

What happened last night was just piss poor defense but in reality, there is absolutely no system in place anymore. Im sorry but they look like a ****ing roller hockey team.

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:52 AM
SonomaShark
SJ Chokers

I wasn't paying complete attention to the game, but here's what I saw...
  1. Havlat was a beast for the first half of the game, then disappeared.
  2. I didn't even realize Pavelski was playing until about halfway through the game.
  3. Niemi
  4. Did Marleau or Couture play last night?
  5. Clowe looked really good for a change
  6. Greiss looked sharp
  7. Murray was fine until the nut-shot, then he sucked
  8. The Ducks dominated the Sharks both physically and mentally for more than 2/3 of the game

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:57 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebanezer View Post
clowe, pavelski, demers, sharks 1st

for

nash and yakupov

sound good?