HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets @ Pens | Tue Mar 20 | 6PM CST | CONSOL Center | Game 73 | "Lunchpail Edition"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2012, 02:41 PM
  #76
Guerzy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,390
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I would agree with you EXCEPT they just did the EXACT same thing to Clitsome. IMO, Clitsome was the best defenseman on the ice in the Washington game. He has was rushing the puck, pressuring, hitting, and shut down Ovi by being in his face all game. Then is scratched. That's ********, IMO. This has happened before with Machacek as well, best Jets player then is sent down to St. John's. That shipped has sailed for Noel, he clearly does not care how you played last game when making roster decisions.

But yes, I think that it should be like that. Also this loyalty/guys been here all year thing is a bunch of ****ING ********!!! What the **** do you think deadline acquisitions are, Noel. Are you kidding me, you go with the best players regardless of how long they are here, they are pros they know what this game is about. Don't agree with him in the slightest about that argument.
Pretty much agree with this.

__________________
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=43225&dateline=141082  3903
"The ‘now’ is very good in Chicago. The ‘now’ back in the days when they were drafting first, second and third? It wasn’t very good. But the core of fans that stuck with them, if you asked them now, I betcha they’d say it was worth it.” - Kevin Cheveldayoff
Guerzy is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 02:42 PM
  #77
SCP Guy
Registered User
 
SCP Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Peg
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,965
vCash: 50
Im not looking forward to tonight!!!!


SCP Guy is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 02:51 PM
  #78
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,745
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer

__________________
Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 02:58 PM
  #79
SundanceKid
Registered User
 
SundanceKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Good luck tonight guys. I really want to see the 'peg in the playoffs in their first season so no matter how tonight turns out I'll be happy.

Btw the starting goalie for the Penguins has only played 2 NHL games before in his career so I'm sure he'll let a softie or 2 in if you pressure him enough.

SundanceKid is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 03:01 PM
  #80
Wonko the Sane
It's you not me.
 
Wonko the Sane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Outside the Asylum
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,900
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Oh please let this become a thing!

And yes, let's not forfeit out ticket to the ball.

Wonko the Sane is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 03:03 PM
  #81
IMckay
Registered User
 
IMckay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 261
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I would agree with you EXCEPT they just did the EXACT same thing to Clitsome. IMO, Clitsome was the best defenseman on the ice in the Washington game. He has was rushing the puck, pressuring, hitting, and shut down Ovi by being in his face all game. Then is scratched. That's ********, IMO. This has happened before with Machacek as well, best Jets player then is sent down to St. John's. That shipped has sailed for Noel, he clearly does not care how you played last game when making roster decisions.

But yes, I think that it should be like that. Also this loyalty/guys been here all year thing is a bunch of ****ING ********!!! What the **** do you think deadline acquisitions are, Noel. Are you kidding me, you go with the best players regardless of how long they are here, they are pros they know what this game is about. Don't agree with him in the slightest about that argument.
Agree with this. I'd really like to see Clitsome in this game instead of Jones.

However - regarding them doing the same thing to Clitsome - it's a bit of a different situation. Both played well against WSH (though I think Clitsome played much better). But one of the two had to sit out because of Bogo returning. In this case, nobody has to sit as there isn't anyone returning or anything. So they are keeping him in because it does kind of send the wrong message after he was one of our only plus players.

They have done it before with Machachek, but there may have been something else contributing to that other than his play. Might have been some roster/legal thing that had to be done that we don't know about. As we can see, they seem to like him as he was the first called up again

IMckay is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 03:05 PM
  #82
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,246
vCash: 500
Go Jets! Being a Giants fan and hating the NY Jets, never thought I'd say this. You guys have to win tonight!

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 03:20 PM
  #83
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 4,155
vCash: 500
really looking forward to the game tonight...

.... ...I think Stomachache's gonna make good on that Gordie Howe tonight...

Edit: when i went to write the post i forgot what i was originally going to ask. I heard earlier (can't remember where now) that Fher may be in for this game. Any confirmation on who's playing?


Last edited by Grind: 03-20-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Grind is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 03:31 PM
  #84
Samcanadian
Registered User
 
Samcanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,540
vCash: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
really looking forward to the game tonight...

.... ...I think Stomachache's gonna make good on that Gordie Howe tonight...

Edit: when i went to write the post i forgot what i was originally going to ask. I heard earlier (can't remember where now) that Fher may be in for this game. Any confirmation on who's playing?
I'm not sure. I know Stomachache played great last game, but I think Fehr might finally be rounding into form? I mean, he can't get any worse...but do we risk the final playoff push to see if he gets better?

Samcanadian is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 03:37 PM
  #85
PaperRockChamp
Registered User
 
PaperRockChamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Wpg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,257
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
really looking forward to the game tonight...

.... ...I think Stomachache's gonna make good on that Gordie Howe tonight...

Edit: when i went to write the post i forgot what i was originally going to ask. I heard earlier (can't remember where now) that Fher may be in for this game. Any confirmation on who's playing?
Do you really think that? Or were you looking for an excuse to use that horrid "nickname"? lol

I am very surprised they are going with Pavelec tonight. This will be his 9th straight game and I guess we need him for ALL games here on out, but maybe would consider giving Mason the start in this 2 point game and having Pavs rested for the 4pt game on Friday?

...Still feel that we will grind out at least one point tonight.

PaperRockChamp is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 03:42 PM
  #86
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
Perennial Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMckay View Post
Agree with this. I'd really like to see Clitsome in this game instead of Jones.

However - regarding them doing the same thing to Clitsome - it's a bit of a different situation. Both played well against WSH (though I think Clitsome played much better). But one of the two had to sit out because of Bogo returning. In this case, nobody has to sit as there isn't anyone returning or anything. So they are keeping him in because it does kind of send the wrong message after he was one of our only plus players.

They have done it before with Machachek, but there may have been something else contributing to that other than his play. Might have been some roster/legal thing that had to be done that we don't know about. As we can see, they seem to like him as he was the first called up again
With regards to Machacek, it was cause they wanted to keep (shudder) Gagnon up rather than Machacek cause they wanted a center (Wellwood missed the next game, but I mean Stapleton/Burmi were playing wing at the time). Trust me when I say they is no roster/legal thing that I don't know about, I am a huge BoH nerd and have pretty much read the entire CBA. Yes I know I have no life

I disagree about the message thing with regards to Jones/Clitsome. Jones was meh at best against Washington, he was being protected HARD. He was never once on the ice against the Caps top 6. Overall was ok in the limited minutes, but how that can be "good" is beyond me. Is adequate, when you play the other team's bottom lines all game and are just ok, that's not anything to write home about, IMO. When you are against the top line, one of the elite players in the NHL and you shut him down, that's great.

Then for the CAR game, they still refused to send Jones out there against Staal/Jokinen line (and rightfully so, this was actual good coaching), but instead of Clitsome, Buff/Enstrom were asked to take him on. Did not work out the best did it?

Basically my point is, it's not about Jones/Clitsome, it's more like should our shutdown pairing be Hainsey/Stuart - Clitsome or Enstrom-Byfuglien. I'd rather use Hainsey-Clitsome and open up the ice for the other pairings, rather than having to protect Jones. Jones is fine as a #7 when protected (and not asked to make a first pass), but WHEN YOU HAVE BETTER OPTIONS, YOU USE THE BETTER OPTIONS. Urgh. /rant.

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
03-20-2012, 03:43 PM
  #87
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar
 
Grind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Manitoba
Posts: 4,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpggrown View Post
Do you really think that? Or were you looking for an excuse to use that horrid "nickname"? lol

I am very surprised they are going with Pavelec tonight. This will be his 9th straight game and I guess we need him for ALL games here on out, but maybe would consider giving Mason the start in this 2 point game and having Pavs rested for the 4pt game on Friday?

...Still feel that we will grind out at least one point tonight.
...a little of both?

actually it was more of an excuse to use the name after I forgot my original question and the blank comment box was just sitting there judging me.

As for pavs vs mason i guess it depends on our strategy, ie: better chance to win both games with pavs in net vs better chance to win the big game with him rested for it.

I think I side with riding pavs for as much as they can through this final stretch. Give ourselves the chance at the most points available.

Grind is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 03:43 PM
  #88
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey
 
charlie460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,604
vCash: 500
A lot of Ranger fans will be watching tonight. Go Jets Go!

charlie460 is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 03:45 PM
  #89
MadMen88
Registered User
 
MadMen88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
A lot of love for that Queen! Go JETS!!!

MadMen88 is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 04:13 PM
  #90
Tdoe42
Registered User
 
Tdoe42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Go Jets! Being a Giants fan and hating the NY Jets, never thought I'd say this. You guys have to win tonight!
HAHA Im a Dolphins fan and i wont even call the the J*** i refer too them as NYJ!!

Tdoe42 is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 04:26 PM
  #91
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 'Peg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,503
vCash: 500
Ugh this game... hopefully it goes to OT or something.

AugustBurnsRed* is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 04:57 PM
  #92
sixty minute hockey
Registered User
 
sixty minute hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 433
vCash: 500
Not too many times you can say this near the end of the season but Mittens has the same amount of goals as Crosby

sixty minute hockey is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 04:58 PM
  #93
Samcanadian
Registered User
 
Samcanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,540
vCash: 54
Is Stomachache playing tonight?

Samcanadian is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 05:16 PM
  #94
Hammer Slammer
Moderator
 
Hammer Slammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,745
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer



Hammer Slammer is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 05:17 PM
  #95
fergiesbeak
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Peg
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 179
vCash: 500
gotta have 2pts tonite.tough one for sure but i think wa can do it and this game will be our turning point for winning on the road.we win tonite and then win 4 or 5 more on the road and we're on our way baby!!!

fergiesbeak is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 05:25 PM
  #96
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,705
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post



YWGinYYZ is online now  
Old
03-20-2012, 05:42 PM
  #97
teucer
Registered User
 
teucer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Windsor, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 314
vCash: 500
That streakbusters pic could be a nice GDT someday!

teucer is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 05:50 PM
  #98
Jet
Moderator
Bogo Believer
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Whipanegg
Country: Christmas Island
Posts: 17,552
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
With regards to Machacek, it was cause they wanted to keep (shudder) Gagnon up rather than Machacek cause they wanted a center (Wellwood missed the next game, but I mean Stapleton/Burmi were playing wing at the time). Trust me when I say they is no roster/legal thing that I don't know about, I am a huge BoH nerd and have pretty much read the entire CBA. Yes I know I have no life

I disagree about the message thing with regards to Jones/Clitsome. Jones was meh at best against Washington, he was being protected HARD. He was never once on the ice against the Caps top 6. Overall was ok in the limited minutes, but how that can be "good" is beyond me. Is adequate, when you play the other team's bottom lines all game and are just ok, that's not anything to write home about, IMO. When you are against the top line, one of the elite players in the NHL and you shut him down, that's great.

Then for the CAR game, they still refused to send Jones out there against Staal/Jokinen line (and rightfully so, this was actual good coaching), but instead of Clitsome, Buff/Enstrom were asked to take him on. Did not work out the best did it?

Basically my point is, it's not about Jones/Clitsome, it's more like should our shutdown pairing be Hainsey/Stuart - Clitsome or Enstrom-Byfuglien. I'd rather use Hainsey-Clitsome and open up the ice for the other pairings, rather than having to protect Jones. Jones is fine as a #7 when protected (and not asked to make a first pass), but WHEN YOU HAVE BETTER OPTIONS, YOU USE THE BETTER OPTIONS. Urgh. /rant.
I really think you let your hate of the player color your opinion on this matter. As i have said, I was in the Clitsome over Jones camp before the Canes game, but I understand this move.

You talk to no end about Jones being protected etc. etc. but he is a bottom pair defenseman. All bottom pair guys get protected. His penalty killing was excellent. He was physical and he ended up a friggin plus 2.

Again, you may want to be a tad more objective with this player. There were PLENTY of reasons the Jets lost to the Canes. Jones was not one of them.

I would not have been upset if they put Clitsome in tonight but keeping Jones in makes perfect sense.

__________________
The Olympic Line
Jet is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 05:55 PM
  #99
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,713
vCash: 1989
any links for the game yet?

sipowicz is offline  
Old
03-20-2012, 05:58 PM
  #100
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 264
Clitsome in over Jones. I like.

Hank Chinaski is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.