HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Game tonight - will it be blacked out on center ice?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2012, 07:18 AM
  #1
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,260
vCash: 500
Game tonight - will it be blacked out on center ice?

We don't get NBCsports, so that's not an option. I had been pondering a subscription to the last month or so of center ice, but if they're going to block the game(s) I want to see, it's not really worth it.

Never mind...it looks like it will be blocked. Bummer. I guess I'll have to watch online.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:13 AM
  #2
pacerhimself
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,242
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
We don't get NBCsports, so that's not an option. I had been pondering a subscription to the last month or so of center ice, but if they're going to block the game(s) I want to see, it's not really worth it.

Never mind...it looks like it will be blocked. Bummer. I guess I'll have to watch online.
NHL Gamecenter blacks it out too, but I think NBC Sports does have a stream.

pacerhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:18 AM
  #3
Redcoyote
Hungry
 
Redcoyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
We don't get NBCsports, so that's not an option. I had been pondering a subscription to the last month or so of center ice, but if they're going to block the game(s) I want to see, it's not really worth it.

Never mind...it looks like it will be blocked. Bummer. I guess I'll have to watch online.
If you live within the phoenix market the general rule is that phoenix games will be blacked out on center ice because the local regional network has paid for the rights.

The same for NBCSports, if they are showing the game they paid for the rights and it wouldnt be available on center ice.

Center ice is a great solution for people who live away from their favorite team like myself here in virginia.

I would seriously consider nbcsports because the playoffs are coming soon and pretty much every game will be on nbcsports or nbc I think.

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:46 AM
  #4
Mr Pukhead
Where's my ambulance
 
Mr Pukhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
We don't get NBCsports, so that's not an option. I had been pondering a subscription to the last month or so of center ice, but if they're going to block the game(s) I want to see, it's not really worth it.

Never mind...it looks like it will be blocked. Bummer. I guess I'll have to watch online.
Are you quite sure you don't have NBC Sports Network, previously the Versus Network? The big three (DirecTV, Dish, Cox) in Phoenix should all carry it. I have DirecTV and it's channel 603.

Mr Pukhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:15 AM
  #5
SweYote
Registered User
 
SweYote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lund, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoyote View Post
If you live within the phoenix market the general rule is that phoenix games will be blacked out on center ice because the local regional network has paid for the rights.

The same for NBCSports, if they are showing the game they paid for the rights and it wouldnt be available on center ice.

Center ice is a great solution for people who live away from their favorite team like myself here in virginia.

I would seriously consider nbcsports because the playoffs are coming soon and pretty much every game will be on nbcsports or nbc I think.
Not pretty much. It will be every single game in the playoffs.

SweYote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:36 AM
  #6
Redcoyote
Hungry
 
Redcoyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweYote View Post
Not pretty much. It will be every single game in the playoffs.
thanks, thats what I thought but wasnt 100%.

I cant imagine not having it. I'd switch tv providers for that. Like was mentioned earlier most have it, it may just be require subscription to a higher package

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:42 AM
  #7
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pukhead View Post
Are you quite sure you don't have NBC Sports Network, previously the Versus Network? The big three (DirecTV, Dish, Cox) in Phoenix should all carry it. I have DirecTV and it's channel 603.
We have dish, but it's not on our programming. It looks like I'd have to upgrade to the $20 more expensive programming to get that. I may do that, but I don't know if it will be worth it. Depends upon how far the Yotes go...and I'll be out of state for late May through late June, so I wouldn't be able to watch the final round at home anyway.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:48 AM
  #8
PhoPhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 13,224
vCash: 500
I live (way) out of market, so I put the money I would have spent on cable toward Gamecenter. I can watch the games on NBC, but I won't be getting Versus/NBCSN any time soon.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:54 AM
  #9
Naurutger
Drives To Far
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,040
vCash: 1329
Just off the top of my head, some of the reasons that Hockey is not a top sport in America: NBC Sports, FSN+, WGN "America", and I am sure there are other teams that get put on minor league channels....ESPN wasnt great but that deal alone set the NHL back into a rebuilding mode.

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 10:58 AM
  #10
Mr Pukhead
Where's my ambulance
 
Mr Pukhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by frackiewicz View Post
We have dish, but it's not on our programming. It looks like I'd have to upgrade to the $20 more expensive programming to get that. I may do that, but I don't know if it will be worth it. Depends upon how far the Yotes go...and I'll be out of state for late May through late June, so I wouldn't be able to watch the final round at home anyway.
I see. Hopefully Dish would allow you to upgrade your package on a monthly basis instead of forcing a year on you. Then you could just purchase the time you are able to watch.

Mr Pukhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:04 AM
  #11
Redcoyote
Hungry
 
Redcoyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,206
vCash: 500
I used to work for dish so unless things have changed in the last 18 months you can change your package without extending your contract or having to keep your package. you could have the higher package for two months or two weeks and it would just be pro rated for the time you have it.

now at least before they billed a month in advance so if you upgrade in the middle of a month youve already paid for. the pro rated difference will appear on the next bill so instead of just $20 youd see $20 plus $10 for a month and a half

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:36 PM
  #12
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Jamaica
Posts: 1,260
vCash: 500
I called them to see what would happen to our discount that we have (just subscribed in December) and it turns out that the difference in packages was only $10/month. So we've got the channel now, I'll keep it through the playoffs and tour de France and then cancel.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:46 PM
  #13
Mr Pukhead
Where's my ambulance
 
Mr Pukhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
Sweet! Sounds like you're in business.

Mr Pukhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.