HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Colorado Avalanche @ Calgary Flames, 7:00PM on SNET-W and The Fan 960

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2012, 11:22 PM
  #201
mjw22
Registered User
 
mjw22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: moosejaw
Country: Canada
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
The only reason this team tired down the stretch was due to the fact we have had so many injuries that we have had to play the **** out of the top 6.

Just go cheer for the oilers if you want young kids that will compete of a top pick consistently.
So what was the EXCUSE for last year and the year before. This is what keeps them where they are year after year . OH we were so close IF only this or that didn't happen to us. This is the company line that so many preach so well.When you make no significant talent upgrades this is where you end up. The Ufa's that will come to rescue this sinking ship won't be enough to change the course. All players are a year older next season and if you get a couple injuries hello 12th healthy you may fight for 8th

mjw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:23 PM
  #202
mjw22
Registered User
 
mjw22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: moosejaw
Country: Canada
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
All I see when you post.
so you agree the flames are dead

mjw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:28 PM
  #203
tmurfin
500g1000pts
 
tmurfin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,290
vCash: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
so you agree the flames are dead
Not quite. More like your posts are getting redundant and boring, especially since you show up only after we lose.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:29 PM
  #204
mjw22
Registered User
 
mjw22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: moosejaw
Country: Canada
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurse View Post
Well Duhhh. whos stopping the 3rd line from scoring? I mean. jesus. just score. .who cares what line someone is on? You want first line? score a freaking goal!! we like everything predictable. well the map aint the territory. flames use to look good on paper, alas that hardly translate into playoff success or even assured of making the playoffs... its easy 2nd guessing the coach.. yah maybe Sutter is bit stubborn, i dont know. im not the coach, nor are you. Whoever is your main squeeze, Horak or Stumpy, they need to score a goal for a change, period.
Agreed !! The talent level on this team has been over valued by management and fans. They are what they are a team that has to fight all year to stay at or near 8th any adversity drops them out.

mjw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:35 PM
  #205
mjw22
Registered User
 
mjw22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: moosejaw
Country: Canada
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
Not quite. More like your posts are getting redundant and boring, especially since you show up only after we lose.
Only because I want more than window dressing done in the off season. Tired of the WE are almost good mentality. I was a paying customer during the Coates Button era. If things don't change Sven is going to start his career the same way Iggy did out of the play offs for years. this team is more than a couple recycled UFA's away from being even a top 4-7 team going forward. Takes a little more than winning 5 in a row and sniffing 9th to get me all excited about our play off future.

mjw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 11:46 PM
  #206
Stewie Griffin
Moderator
Benevolent Overlord
 
Stewie Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Calgary
Posts: 6,709
vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
3 straight losses this time of year? Turn out the lights, season's over!
You see three straight losses.

I see a record of 0-1-2.



One day the realist in me will kill the optimist in me, I'm sure.


Also, to the Avs fan(s) *****ing in this thread about the officiating, I agree with you - its been brutal all year, it was just your turn to bring the vaseline.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:12 AM
  #207
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,269
vCash: 50
I think a major problem the last 2 weeks has been that Kipper has not been playing like he's not human. He's still been quite good overall, but he hasn't been standing on his head for 60 minutes. He is the only reason that the Flames are a fringe playoff team. I think the many games he's played may finally be starting to wear on him and unless he plays lights out from here on in, we have no chance at the postseason.

I'm not knocking Kipper by any stretch, I'm saying he's the only reason we are where we are, and when he's not perfect the Flames chances of winning greatly goes down.

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 12:19 AM
  #208
Body Checker
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,229
vCash: 500
Sarich's crossbar or post in the 1st, Iggy's breakaway, Tanguay's chance in close. This game could of been over in the 1st.

We outchanced them. Territorial maybe they had the edge.

To me these are 2 heartbreaking losses because of all the quality scoring chances. It's different losing 5-2 or somewhere along there.

The last 2 games comes down to puck skills and luck. We had neither. Comeau - wow , take some shooting practice. Good hockey sense and speed gets him in good positions but he's gotta bear down and bury it.

I agree with Medium Rare - don't know what some people saw but I am proud of the team tonight. They created alot of scoring chances.

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:00 AM
  #209
Hans Landaskog
Registered User
 
Hans Landaskog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,220
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin View Post
You see three straight losses.

I see a record of 0-1-2.



One day the realist in me will kill the optimist in me, I'm sure.


Also, to the Avs fan(s) *****ing in this thread about the officiating, I agree with you - its been brutal all year, it was just your turn to bring the vaseline.
To be honest the Avs have clearly gotten the shaft this entire season in comparison to other teams in NHL. Their lack of powerplay opportunities is staggering. I thought the slash call on the first one was weak at best when the refs should be letting the players play this time of year, and the no call on O'Reilly is head scratching. Mute point though since special teams didn't have any effect on the outcome of this game other than Colorado not getting the opportunity to get a regulation win with a PP goal.

Hans Landaskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:10 AM
  #210
Mant*
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurse View Post
I disagree, the aves were not the "far better team" .. aves did play better than the flames, i concede that, but not by much.. plus mid point of 3rd and overtime, I felt the flames were outplaying the Aves. I agree about the reffing. You guys got screwed but you need to stop crying, you won the game, dont be a bad sport.
I'm gonna start calling your team "The Flams", since we obviously stole your E and added it to "Avs"

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 05:59 AM
  #211
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,904
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
Sarich's crossbar or post in the 1st, Iggy's breakaway, Tanguay's chance in close. This game could of been over in the 1st.

We outchanced them. Territorial maybe they had the edge.

To me these are 2 heartbreaking losses because of all the quality scoring chances. It's different losing 5-2 or somewhere along there.

The last 2 games comes down to puck skills and luck. We had neither. Comeau - wow , take some shooting practice. Good hockey sense and speed gets him in good positions but he's gotta bear down and bury it.

I agree with Medium Rare - don't know what some people saw but I am proud of the team tonight. They created alot of scoring chances.
Remove the "good hockey sense" part and I agree with you!

He creates opportunities solely off of his speed, but for the most part he will skate around the entire outside of the offensive zone before proceeding to either;
A. Shoot the puck into a maze of bodies
B. Dish it back to the defensemen
C. Attempt a ridiculous pass attempt.

He is simply far to predictable, which should not be the case given that he could potentially give the oppositions defense nightmares if he actually drove to the net.

He handles the puck like a hand grenade, in fact he reminds me of Rene Bourque in that way.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:23 AM
  #212
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club
 
I Hate Chris Butler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Saskatchewan
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,031
vCash: 50
Bourque can actually produce though. Comeau is like Higgins: that guy who once upon a time scored 20+ goals, but is an offense-killing black hole every year after.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:20 AM
  #213
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,828
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw22 View Post
So what was the EXCUSE for last year and the year before. This is what keeps them where they are year after year . OH we were so close IF only this or that didn't happen to us. This is the company line that so many preach so well.When you make no significant talent upgrades this is where you end up. The Ufa's that will come to rescue this sinking ship won't be enough to change the course. All players are a year older next season and if you get a couple injuries hello 12th healthy you may fight for 8th
Did I say that was a valid reason to miss the playoffs? answer no. I was just saying it doesn't matter if your core is 25 when they are played 20+ minutes a night for over a month they will tire out and wear down. You seem to think if we had been a few years younger this team would be so much better. The core has carried us for over a month with no support they are now worn out we need guys like Stajan and the third line to step up and give them so help. Stajan has been the third line has not.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:22 PM
  #214
mjw22
Registered User
 
mjw22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: moosejaw
Country: Canada
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Did I say that was a valid reason to miss the playoffs? answer no. I was just saying it doesn't matter if your core is 25 when they are played 20+ minutes a night for over a month they will tire out and wear down. You seem to think if we had been a few years younger this team would be so much better. The core has carried us for over a month with no support they are now worn out we need guys like Stajan and the third line to step up and give them so help. Stajan has been the third line has not.
I may take the time to go check but I would think the top players on good teams play 20 min a game. Go to NHL.com it lists all players ice time and all play 18-22 so its not like our core guys are logging 25-30 min a night


Last edited by mjw22: 03-21-2012 at 10:28 PM. Reason: to prove a pt
mjw22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.