HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isles Trade Future Considerations for Alexandrov

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2012, 01:41 PM
  #1
Riseonfire
R+L=J
 
Riseonfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,694
vCash: 500
Isles Trade Future Considerations for Alexandrov

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=623236

Didn't know trades could happen after the deadline..?

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:32 PM
  #2
HyeDray
HFB Partner
 
HyeDray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Hyde Park, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,896
vCash: 500
Isles Trade Future Considerations for Alexandrov

Link: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=623236

Its on the main HF Trade board.
Nothing earth shattering.
A 6'1" defender who is going to add depth to the blueline more then likely in Bridgeport. I don't see him as anything more then an emergency call-up at best.

Bottom line — Isles will be draining BP of defenders in the fall and someone is going to have to step in.

HyeDray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:35 PM
  #3
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 20,725
vCash: 500
And all of these posters complained about Snow not bringing in a top 4 dman.


__________________

IslesRock4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:39 PM
  #4
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeDray View Post
Link: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=623236

Its on the main HF Trade board.
Nothing earth shattering.
A 6'1" defender who is going to add depth to the blueline more then likely in Bridgeport. I don't see him as anything more then an emergency call-up at best.

Bottom line — Isles will be draining BP of defenders in the fall and someone is going to have to step in.

A low risk,high reward move.

The isles give up only future considerations for a player taken in the 2nd round.
When they try to convince Petrov to sign,it can only help to have two other youngsters who speak his language:Kabanov and Alexandrov.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:44 PM
  #5
StrongIslanders90
Registered User
 
StrongIslanders90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: StrongIsland
Country: United States
Posts: 14,287
vCash: 500
I dont really like the kids scouting report...

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:47 PM
  #6
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Johnny Rockets
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,823
vCash: 500
He's not playing in Bridgeport this season. I think this is a step towards getting Petrov to come to NA.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 02:50 PM
  #7
Bauer Warrior*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,183
vCash: 500
So now that all the Islanders' blue line problems are solved, when we please stop bashing ownership and management?

Bauer Warrior* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:00 PM
  #8
PROMputt
God,Family,Islanders
 
PROMputt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: East Islip, LI
Country: United States
Posts: 1,660
vCash: 500
I would rather have traded for Boston's other 2nd round pick that year (2006) taken about 13 picks later...

PROMputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:01 PM
  #9
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
He's not playing in Bridgeport this season. I think this is a step towards getting Petrov to come to NA.
I agree.We are looking at a weak ufa market and the possibility of Parenteau being lured away.

I expect the isles are probably gonna press hard to sign 22 yr old Petrov.
His development is ahead of kids like Strome and Kabanov.He's been playing in a men's league the last few seasons.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:09 PM
  #10
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Johnny Rockets
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I agree.We are looking at a weak ufa market and the possibility of Parenteau being lured away.

I expect the isles are probably gonna press hard to sign 22 yr old Petrov.
His development is ahead of kids like Strome and Kabanov.He's been playing in a men's league the last few seasons.
I hope you don't expect him to be in the NHL next season if Parenteau isn't re-signed. He needs a year in the AHL to get used to NA sized rinks.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:11 PM
  #11
CodeE
Registered User
 
CodeE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,105
vCash: 500
I guess Boston felt they owed us a favor after Rolston's 4-point night.

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:19 PM
  #12
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I hope you don't expect him to be in the NHL next season if Parenteau isn't re-signed. He needs a year in the AHL to get used to NA sized rinks.


He made a comment that he would be willing to play in the AHL because he knew he'd make bigger money later on.I can't recall if he made this comment before being drafted or at the prospect camp.

After a few seasons in the KHL,I am not sure if he'd still be willing to play in the AHL.

The isles may have to give him a contract with an out clause:if he is demoted to the AHL,he can return to the KHL.Remember,the isles will be basically wooing him.Trying to convince him that the NHL is the best league in the world and that he will get to play against NHL stars.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:27 PM
  #13
Aucoin3
Registered User
 
Aucoin3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,890
vCash: 500
I really dont understand anyone on this board. The Bruins had a prospect they no longer wished to keep in the system. Someone on the Islanders liked him and the Islanders took a flyer on him basically acquiring his rights for free. What is the negativity about. The deadline is passed did you think the Islanders were going to work out a deal where they give up nothing and in return acquire Tyler Myers?

I really dont understand. Should Charles Wang instate a team policy that any move made by the franchise not considered to be a blockbuster not be released to the public?

Aucoin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:30 PM
  #14
islesfan3991
Registered User
 
islesfan3991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Orange County, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,757
vCash: 750
Send a message via Yahoo to islesfan3991
I'll take a former 2nd round pick anyday of the week. He's only 23 so hopfully it will just take him some time to adjust.

islesfan3991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:34 PM
  #15
Isles Junkie
Registered User
 
Isles Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,104
vCash: 500
Take that Larry Brooks

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:35 PM
  #16
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Johnny Rockets
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
He made a comment that he would be willing to play in the AHL because he knew he'd make bigger money later on.I can't recall if he made this comment before being drafted or at the prospect camp.

After a few seasons in the KHL,I am not sure if he'd still be willing to play in the AHL.

The isles may have to give him a contract with an out clause:if he is demoted to the AHL,he can return to the KHL.Remember,the isles will be basically wooing him.Trying to convince him that the NHL is the best league in the world and that he will get to play against NHL stars.
If he made those comments before he was drafted, then he would have been a 1st round pick. At the time, he was the second best Russian forward in that draft behind Filatov, and that was only because of his contract.

I can see him starting the year in Bridgeport then later playing with the Islanders, but he needs to play a little bit in Bridgeport.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:38 PM
  #17
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
If he made those comments before he was drafted, then he would have been a 1st round pick. At the time, he was the second best Russian forward in that draft behind Filatov, and that was only because of his contract.

I can see him starting the year in Bridgeport then later playing with the Islanders, but he needs to play a little bit in Bridgeport.
At the time he was drafted,he was already signed to a 4 yr deal in the KHL.

No NHL team was using a 1st rounder,on a player starting a 4 yr contract,in another league.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 03:59 PM
  #18
KrisBeKreame
Registered User
 
KrisBeKreame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,405
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I hope you don't expect him to be in the NHL next season if Parenteau isn't re-signed. He needs a year in the AHL to get used to NA sized rinks.
KHL has no league set rink size. Some teams play Olympic size other NA Size. Petrov is not going to turn down Large bags of cash to play in the AHL. If he comes across the Pond he is in the NHL.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:10 PM
  #19
Isles Enforcer
Registered User
 
Isles Enforcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,861
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
KHL has no league set rink size. Some teams play Olympic size other NA Size. Petrov is not going to turn down Large bags of cash to play in the AHL. If he comes across the Pond he is in the NHL.
And then when he scores 6 points in 50 games we can all cry about starting him in the NHL when he should have been in the "A", honing his NA game.

Isles Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:12 PM
  #20
Fantom
Registered User
 
Fantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,302
vCash: 500
What about the Trade Deadline ?

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:30 PM
  #21
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 29,083
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post
And then when he scores 6 points in 50 games we can all cry about starting him in the NHL when he should have been in the "A", honing his NA game.
As KrisBeKreame points out,Petrov is not likely turning down KHL money to rides the buses in the AHL.Not having found some success in the KHL,a higher league then the AHL.

If he comes to LI and struggles,the isles can demote him to Bridgeport and he can either take the demotion or return to the KHL.

This is not some 18 yr old, anxious to play professionally, anxious to make some $.
I think a good example is the Oilers Omark.He was doing well over in a European league,when the Oilers wanted him to come over to NA. They had to give him an out clause:if he was demoted to the AHL he could return to his European team.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:43 PM
  #22
SLAPSHOT723
Moderator
Johnny Rockets
 
SLAPSHOT723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Long Island
Posts: 16,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame View Post
KHL has no league set rink size. Some teams play Olympic size other NA Size. Petrov is not going to turn down Large bags of cash to play in the AHL. If he comes across the Pond he is in the NHL.
I didn't know that. In that case I wouldn't be shocked if he steps into the NHL with ease.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 04:44 PM
  #23
GilliesGirlie
Registered User
 
GilliesGirlie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: former Long Islander
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 6,095
vCash: 500
I'm glad you asked, what is the deal with this? Is it because it's not active roster players??



Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
What about the Trade Deadline ?

__________________
R.I.P. Uncle John.... I love you!
R.I.P. Sal Forever Young 4//4/92-9/23/13
GilliesGirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 05:02 PM
  #24
F127
Registered User
 
F127's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilliesGirlie View Post
I'm glad you asked, what is the deal with this? Is it because it's not active roster players??
There is no real trade deadline. Trades can be made year around, the trade deadline is the deadline to set your active roster for the playoffs. So teams obviously try to aquire talent for a playoff push at that time.

F127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 05:24 PM
  #25
Original Rob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 268
vCash: 500
I just ordered my Alexandrov jersey!! Go Islesss!!!

Original Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:30 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.