HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Former Thrashers Fans- Who's coming to the Jets game Saturday?

Old
03-21-2012, 09:53 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
In case you havent picked up on it from other posters, there is usually a contingent of board folk who watch warmups down at the glass in the aisle between 102 and 103. Just tell the usher you are going down to watch warmups, it doesnt matter where your tickets are..

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Sunshine36616

vCash: 500
Quote:
The league was so ready to be rid of ASG they were willing to sacrifice the Atlanta market.
This. I can't blame them for wanting to not have to deal with the Spirit any more. My hate is square on the Octoturds (love that btw)

Sunshine36616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:20 AM
KevFist
is best pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
The league was so ready to be rid of ASG they were willing to sacrifice the Atlanta market. My point is, it should have never been allowed to get to that point. By the time they showed Savard the door, it was obvious to anyone with two good eyes that this was more than just bad asset management. These people set out to ruin the product and drive the fans away so they could be rid of the Thrashers. The league let them get away with it while saving a doomed team in the desert for just one more season. It's hard to imagine another major league pulling such a stunt.
But what was the league supposed to do? Tell someone how they're supposed to run their business? I agree...When Savard left, it was obvious that something was going on. When Kovy left, it should have been clear to everyone that something was up. But, the only recourse the league really has is to revoke franchise rights(which is something that a board of governors will never agree to do), and they were too financially tied to fighting an even more serious situation in Phoenix.

I don't think people recognize the TRUE ramification of the Phoenix saga.....If Balsilie had been allowed to purchase the Coyotes via bankruptcy receivership, it would have set a very dangerous precedent for ALL sports leagues. It would have basically shown that if an ownership group (Moyles) wants to sell a franchise to someone who doesn't have the blessing of that league's board of governors (Balsilie), they can do it simply by declaring bankruptcy and making the future potential owner the receiver. Essentially, it's a hostile takeover of a sports franchise. in the NHL's case, it's circumvention of their bylaws.

When the Goldwater Institute began their attack on the City of Glendale, that was basically the only hope Atlanta had. As soon as the City of Glendale decided to pony up the cash again, I knew we were done. The NHL had already committed to Phoenix to prevent a horrible precedent from being created, so they didn't have the resources to step in with Atlanta. Plus, the only public interested owner we had was "The Balkan," and we all know how that turned out.

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:24 AM
SavageSteve

Hope y'all show up loud and proud Saturday night!! Maybe we can see if enough impression can be made to see if the third time will be the charm for the ATL! When I see a Thrasher jersey in our building, I try to go out of my way to give a high-five and tell tell that I love seeing the jersey!

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 10:32 AM
KevFist
is best pony

BTW...Transcend.....You a Wolves fan?

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:08 AM
GreenHornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFist View Post
Plus, the only public interested owner we had was "The Balkan," and we all know how that turned out.
At the risk of futher hijacking this thread, I'm STILL convinced there was more interest (legit interest, not, "The Balkan") than the public was led to believe.

GreenHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:14 AM
thisismikea

i will be there wearing my thrashers jersey and hat. weird..the whole time the thrashers were in atlanta, i never wore a jersey at the bulb.

where is everyone sitting at? i will be in 118. look for a burmi jersey.

thisismikea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:36 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismikea View Post
i will be there wearing my thrashers jersey and hat. weird..the whole time the thrashers were in atlanta, i never wore a jersey at the bulb.

I'll be in da bleeds, 332.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Predsboro

Don't forget it's a "special start time" .... 6:00 p.m. CDT rather than our usual 7:00 p.m.

Predsboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:52 AM
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds

Quote:

That is odd. I always wore my Thrasher jersey when attending games. I've even worn it to a Gladiators game and the 1 Preds game I made against Buffalo this season.

GwtGlads2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:12 PM
drwpreds

Quote:

We will be in 109- based off of the responses here, I am definitely wearing my Thrashers jersey, at least for awhile- hope to run into some of you...

Funny story- it wound up being horrible timing, but I got my 7 year old son a Byfuglien jersey late in the season last year, ‎and I told him that he needed to wear it Saturday one last time- but so far he will have none of it- he ‎says he is a Predators fan and wants to wear his Predators shirt- so I guess I must be doing a good job ‎with him….‎

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:30 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevFist View Post
BTW...Transcend.....You a Wolves fan?
sadly, yes.

headsigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

It's ironic that the game many Thrasher fans planned/are planning to go to turned out to be one that us Pred folk have been waiting for for years. It's a hot ticket up here, and you guys got them early haha

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:23 PM
videofarmer
thirsty

vCash: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo View Post
The league was so ready to be rid of ASG they were willing to sacrifice the Atlanta market. My point is, it should have never been allowed to get to that point. By the time they showed Savard the door, it was obvious to anyone with two good eyes that this was more than just bad asset management. These people set out to ruin the product and drive the fans away so they could be rid of the Thrashers. The league let them get away with it while saving a doomed team in the desert for just one more season. It's hard to imagine another major league pulling such a stunt.
This.
+1
etc.

videofarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 02:35 PM
videofarmer
thirsty

vCash: 521
My son and I will be there in our Thrashers gear. I'll be sporting the classic batbird jersey and my son the light blue. We will be at Jack's for some BBQ before the game, Thrashers fans. Glad I picked up my tickets well before the Radulov return! Looking forward to seeing him play in person.

Pretty sure I'm going to be cheering for both teams (not official rivals until after next season!). OT would work for me, but the Jets on the road after playing the Caps the night before? Probably not going to happen.

If the Jets crash in Washington then they are actually better off not picking up too many points the rest of the season, and I'd love for the Preds to get home ice for the playoffs. Still, I don't want to see my favorites like Wheeler, Jimmay, Thor and Toby get pounded.

videofarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

i really don't feel any hate for the team itself, i just want the preds to win because they are my western conference team. all of my hate for the situation goes to the ownership. the jets fans, however, are rapidly gaining traction as one of the most annoying per capita.

i might just wear a thrashers hat or something and buy a preds shirt while i'm there. or maybe the opposite. yeah probably that.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
After his comments from the last draft, Buff can share that egg as well. I'm only cheering on Thorby, Toby, and Slater (and forever Boultsy too).
Byfuglien is the player I was thinking of when I wrote that

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 04:12 PM
Roman Reigns
Sierra Hotel India

Guys I hope you all have an awesome time. If you are interested in Preds merchandise at the game, season ticket holders get 20% off in the pro shop. There are alot of us on here that would love to help you guys out.

Roman Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 05:47 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

There is a chance I am at this game. I am second in line for a ticket, so if the other guy can't go then I'll be there in my gold Webs jersey. I'll be at 102-103 before the game if anyone wants to come say hello. Should know for sure tomorrow or Friday.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

I'll be there, but i'm one of the few that has remained loyal to the Jets.

Thrashers94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:04 PM
thisismikea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade Legwand View Post
Guys I hope you all have an awesome time. If you are interested in Preds merchandise at the game, season ticket holders get 20% off in the pro shop. There are alot of us on here that would love to help you guys out.
may take you up on this offer (or anyone else that would be willing...if you wouldn't mind)

would like to pick me up a jersey possibly...or two

thisismikea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 09:34 PM
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashers94 View Post
I'll be there, but i'm one of the few that has remained loyal to the Jets.
I don't see how you could be considering the flat out abuse Atlanta has taken from Winnipeggers,other Canadians and fans of northern U.S. NHL teams and members of the media. My attention turned to the Gladiators(they're local) and the Preds(much closer than WPG).

Old
03-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Thrashers94
We fly as one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash2Smash25 View Post
I don't see how you could be considering the flat out abuse Atlanta has taken from Winnipeggers,other Canadians and fans of northern U.S. NHL teams and members of the media. My attention turned to the Gladiators(they're local) and the Preds(much closer than WPG).
Don't post on here nearly as much as I use to but the Winnipeg folks I've encountered are good folks. What's done is done and there's nothing that can change that now. I could eventually see myself becoming a Preds fan as me and my girl want to move to Tennessee within the next few years. But for now, I'm all about the Jets. I went to two Gladiators games last week and I'm hooked on them now, going to catch a couple of their playoff games for sure.

Thrashers94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:46 PM
GwtGlads2013
Glads/Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashers94 View Post
Don't post on here nearly as much as I use to but the Winnipeg folks I've encountered are good folks. What's done is done and there's nothing that can change that now. I could eventually see myself becoming a Preds fan as me and my girl want to move to Tennessee within the next few years. But for now, I'm all about the Jets. I went to two Gladiators games last week and I'm hooked on them now, going to catch a couple of their playoff games for sure.
I hope more people who were Thrasher fans get behind the Gladiators as they're all we have right now and unlike the ASG the Glads ownership actually cares about the fans. Not to mention for a minor league they put on a good show and it certainly is nice that they've had a really good year so far. I too will be catching a couple playoff games, I usually like to sit behind the goal the Glads attack twice in the lower bowl.

Last edited by GwtGlads2013: 03-22-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old
03-21-2012, 11:54 PM
tntkid

I'll likely be cheering for the the Jets.

tntkid is offline   Reply With Quote