Flames Sign Forward David Eddy

Old
03-21-2012, 10:56 PM
Medium Rare*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
So we're looking a 34 with Leach.

Our RFA's that I doubt we keep are McMillan,Gratham, Meyers. Aliu, Henry are probably nots. We'll likely keep Byron, Backlund, Comeau(?), Connolly, Irving, Jones.

So we're looking at 40 with the likelys, not having signed any UFA's. Jokinen is likely, and I think Moss probably is too. Stempniak, who knows. Hannan and Sarich are probably gone.

So around 42-43 contracts needed without signing anymore of our prospects. Signing UFA's AND some more college players might put us right up to the limit again. Which is fine, really. I was just curious to how it would play out.
I would be fine only keeping Byron, Backlund and Irving. Connelly would be more for the AHL so I could go either way. Comeau at 2.5 million should be allowed to walk with most of our forwards already under contract for next year

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:51 PM
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
I would be fine only keeping Byron, Backlund and Irving. Connelly would be more for the AHL so I could go either way. Comeau at 2.5 million should be allowed to walk with most of our forwards already under contract for next year
Comeau does not have to be given a qualifying offer. He could accept less to stay with the team on a regular contract offer.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Comeau does not have to be given a qualifying offer. He could accept less to stay with the team on a regular contract offer.
I know he could, but will he? and I think there are better options even within the organization than Comeau who by my estimation would be the 3rd line RW next year. I would rather see Nemisz there next year and if not Nemisz then I would rather go and try and get a UFA like Tootoo to play there.

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:54 AM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Comeau's a solid third line winger from what I've seen. Fast as hell, good hitter/checker, and occasionally he can score a goal or two. He plays a bit dumb and nobody's gonna mistake him for Datsyuk in terms of finesse, but I like him enough if he's on a 1-1.5 million dollar contract.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:56 AM
Xelstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Rare View Post
I know he could, but will he? and I think there are better options even within the organization than Comeau who by my estimation would be the 3rd line RW next year. I would rather see Nemisz there next year and if not Nemisz then I would rather go and try and get a UFA like Tootoo to play there.
Now having Comeau since we've picked him up, I'm inclined to think that even TKO is more valuable than him sometimes. Maybe he'll just click in a couple years and start putting up consistent 20 goal seasons while being a physical force.

However, that maybe was the reason why we picked him up. Unless our next coach sees a good reason to keep him, either he takes half max of his current pay for the 3rd/4th line or he leaves.

Xelstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 10:07 AM
The Gnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelstyle View Post
Now having Comeau since we've picked him up, I'm inclined to think that even TKO is more valuable than him sometimes. Maybe he'll just click in a couple years and start putting up consistent 20 goal seasons while being a physical force.

However, that maybe was the reason why we picked him up. Unless our next coach sees a good reason to keep him, either he takes half max of his current pay for the 3rd/4th line or he leaves.
I would love him at just under a million a year on the 4th line.

Comeau-Jones-Jackman

The Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote