HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Will Brian McGrattan ever get another game as a Predator?

Old
03-21-2012, 04:32 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

vCash: 500
to answer the question, I think he will get in one of the final two games if our seed is locked up. I think it is just the kind of guy trotz is. He will take care of a guy who busts his ass everyday in practice even though he isn't playing.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

There's no real logical reason to play McGrattan from here on out. We have so many better all-around players than him who are fighting for playing time that it's unreal. In no way should McGratts be getting a game at this point of the season. Aside from being a heavyweight fighter, you can't make a case for him over anyone else. I don't care about "veteran presence" or "toughness" because he's not the only veteran or tough player we have.

Drake744 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:22 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
There's no real logical reason to play McGrattan from here on out. We have so many better all-around players than him who are fighting for playing time that it's unreal. In no way should McGratts be getting a game at this point of the season. Aside from being a heavyweight fighter, you can't make a case for him over anyone else. I don't care about "veteran presence" or "toughness" because he's not the only veteran or tough player we have.
Who said anything about logic?

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:24 PM
preds1

vCash: 605
I doubt we see him the rest of the year. But I really hope we re-sign him, love the guy.

Saw his speaking engamgement for one of the away game intermissions. Total respect for Big Ern.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 08:25 PM
ninetynine*

Seriously though, he is basically the only tough player we have other than Tootoo, and not just in terms of fighting majors [he leads the team with 6...] Tootoo is tough but he's small, and don't fool yourself with Guastad. I'm not saying he's necessary I'm just saying don't say this team is physically tough without him, it's not.

Old
03-21-2012, 08:26 PM
ninetynine*

Anyone who complains McGrattan doesn't fight enough needs to realize he leads the team in fights, in only 30 games.

Old
03-21-2012, 09:53 PM
predhead1

With the addition of Rads, he's getting squeezed out by the numbers. Especially because we're likely going to be in a dogfight for home ice down the stretch.

predhead1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:06 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

if we have nthing to gain or lose in our final game he will play. the entire scratch line will play. if milwaukee is out you will see some of them play. it has happened before.

Old
04-04-2012, 09:32 PM
gratefulpred
Thread Killer

So, does Kraken get to say thank you and goodbye to us Thursday night in the regular season home finale?

Be nice to see him out there mixing it up with a few select members of the Dallas team but by the same token, we are battling for the fourth seed.

gratefulpred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 10:35 AM
PhoneGuy

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2012, 11:50 PM
PhoneGuy

I was talking with the DW tonight during the game about Big Ern, and she said she saw an interview here recently of a player in the locker room who's locker is side-by-side with Ern's, and that Ern's locker was completely empty - no skates, no pads, helmet, nothing. Said the only thing she saw was his name tag. Is Big Ern still practicing with the team, or has he already got his bags packed??

Old
04-07-2012, 11:52 PM
klt2001

Doubt he will get any playing time unless we use him as an enforcer for a couple mins in a game. Otherwise, he won't be seeing ice time imo.

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:03 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneGuy View Post
I was talking with the DW tonight during the game about Big Ern, and she said she saw an interview here recently of a player in the locker room who's locker is side-by-side with Ern's, and that Ern's locker was completely empty - no skates, no pads, helmet, nothing. Said the only thing she saw was his name tag. Is Big Ern still practicing with the team, or has he already got his bags packed??
The interview was likely immediately following a practice or morning skate when McGrattan was still on the ice working out.

FWIW, McGrattan is with the team in Colorado. They are coming back tonight and have tomorrow off. Playoff preparation begins Monday morning. While the Predators were down to 7 defenseman at times during the second half of the season, McGrattan filled in on the back-end dressing as a defenseman for practice. He is a very good team guy.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2012, 12:04 AM
PhoneGuy

I understand that, but why would his locker be empty of his gear???

edit: Sorry, didn't see Seth's answer before I replied. Makes sense. Thanks.

Old
04-08-2012, 10:15 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

I am disappointed in trotz for not playing him last night. I wish there was another coffee with coach to ask him why. Meaningless game point wise, and I understand some guys were auditioning for roles, but you can't make me believe a guy like hornquist could have sat out and rest a bit. Seemed like a perfect opportunity to give the guy a game.

Old
04-10-2012, 06:39 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I am disappointed in trotz for not playing him last night. I wish there was another coffee with coach to ask him why. Meaningless game point wise, and I understand some guys were auditioning for roles, but you can't make me believe a guy like hornquist could have sat out and rest a bit. Seemed like a perfect opportunity to give the guy a game.
Yeah, but at least he gave him 30 games this year before he was usurped from the 12th forward role [he played 19 of 20 games at one point].