HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HC: Emergency Roundtable Assembled for the "Boston Massacre"

Old
03-21-2012, 03:58 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

vCash: 500
HC: Emergency Roundtable Assembled for the "Boston Massacre"

I know it was broadcasted a couple of days ago, but i just wanted to share with those who don't get the fan/sportsnet locally.

click on March 20th Edition:

this panel included Scott Morrison, Daren Millard, John Shannon, and Doug MacLean.

first of all i love how they called it the "Boston Massacre", because it really was. i can't recall such a lop-sided season series VS Toronto in a long time.

i warn you though the panel is pessimistic in their conclusion of what the team is and where it's going.

some interesting points about Burke and all so the holes in 3 positions and their priority: "1.Goaltending, 2.1D, and 3. 1C", plus the captain issue.

enjoy!

ForSpareParts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 03:59 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

sorry. here's the link:

http://www.fan590.com/onair/hockeycentral/

click on March 20th edition.

Old
03-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

glad you got an infraction for this. Yeah I listened to it earlier.

Erza Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 04:04 PM
mooseOAK*

Thanks for the summary, if I had any intention of clicking on the link that killed it.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 04:07 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
glad you got an infraction for this. Yeah I listened to it earlier.
an infraction?

Old
03-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Kyle Doobas
#groovystats

vCash: 159
Who's the guy incessantly blaming everything on Randy Carlyle and making baseless claims about how Kessel and Phaneuf won't "work" within his system? Every time the discussion begins to get interesting, he has interrupt with that imbecilic bulls***. It's so annoying.

Kyle Doobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarwinWasAdopted View Post
Who's the guy incessantly blaming everything on Randy Carlyle and making baseless claims about how Kessel and Phaneuf won't "work" within his system? Every time the discussion begins to get interesting, he has interrupt with that imbecilic bulls***. It's so annoying.
Ryan Shannon. Yeah, I hate him too.

Erza Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 04:34 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

i think we can get our #1 with Kessel, or our 1C with Kessel + 1st. we need a franchise player or a player that makes everyone around him better. you don't get that with Kessel, but you could use Kessel to trade for a guy like that.

Old
03-21-2012, 04:41 PM
Confucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
i think we can get our #1 with Kessel, or our 1C with Kessel + 1st. we need a franchise player or a player that makes everyone around him better. you don't get that with Kessel, but you could use Kessel to trade for a guy like that.
We need way more than one franchise player. Build a team first then maybe look to a franchise player to put you way up in the standings. That is if you don't draft your own while you're building a team. Build with young ELC guys not the present shiny player of the year type.

Confucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:36 PM
Longshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle View Post
Ryan Shannon. Yeah, I hate him too.
I think you mean John Shannon. I think he's a tool as well. He was a behind the scenes producer type on hockey broadcasts and now, somehow, he is an expert commentator. He's a clown in my view.

I remember a few years back he was on Prime Time and it was the day the St. Louis Cardinals announced that Mark McGwire had been hired as the team's batting coach. On the air, Shannon insisted the McGwire was really there to, at some point in the season, pinch hit. I remember laughing my ass off at how clueless he was. As if a Major League Baseball team can add a coach to its 25 man roster in the middle of a game for him to pinch hit.

Longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 07:53 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Scott Morrison, Daren Millard, John Shannon, and Doug MacLean are all fine. is there some leaf talk on hfboards or is it just a "wise high school students hate everything" moment?

Old
03-21-2012, 08:06 PM
pooleboy
#tankformcdavid

yawn.i agree with #1 center, both other problems can be solved internally (and even #1 center could be too)

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:05 PM
number72

I read on HFboards talking about Phaneuf inability to captain, Phaneuf poor defensive play as a #1D and the lack of 1C.

Nothing new in the main stream media - these topics have already been discussed here in greater depth and with more opposing views then those panelist could even comprehend.

In fact if you do search - you will see this have been discussed. Also funny is the apologist who denied Phaneuf's questionable defensive ability then and perhaps still do.

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:11 PM
vezna*
Canada's Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
Scott Morrison, Daren Millard, John Shannon, and Doug MacLean are all fine. is there some leaf talk on hfboards or is it just a "wise high school students hate everything" moment?
they're fine. as in they're just pure entertainment. i get the sense that you take them all seriously as good analysts when they're not. that explains why you always bring up pointless redundancy

vezna* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:12 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
I read on HFboards talking about Phaneuf inability to captain, Phaneuf poor defensive play as a #1D and the lack of 1C.

Nothing new in the main stream media - these topics have already been discussed here in greater depth and with more opposing views then those panelist could even comprehend.

In fact if you do search - you will see this have been discussed. Also funny is the apologist who denied Phaneuf's questionable defensive ability then and perhaps still do.

and?

Old
03-21-2012, 11:20 PM
Espher

Send a message via ICQ to Espher Send a message via AIM to Espher Send a message via MSN to Espher Send a message via Yahoo to Espher
Is this the thread where you guys are going to circle-[expletive]?

If so, I'll stay out.

Espher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2012, 11:58 PM
number72

There were some good comments too
- The leafs this year are no better then the leaf team that JFJ team had. The teams is different and some players are better but the standings don't lie and the standings say they are not better.
- Kessel is a good part, Lupul is a good part but the sum of the parts have big holes.
- Fans shouldn't be forced to make Burke accountable - ownership needs to do this

number72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:13 AM
PasDaSquini

Leafs have a lot of spots filled by players who do not get the job done. Connolly, Komi, Lambo have no place on the team. I hope Burke just demotes players to the AHL or trades them. Not saying we will be better with our young guys but you have to play them in order to see what they can bring.

PasDaSquini is offline   Reply With Quote